Feature Request: RC Pro + Mavic 3 Button Customization
2216 17 2022-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauliedigi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505 ft
United States

I just got the Mavic 3 and RC Pro controller, coming from a Mavic 2 and Smart Controller. All of the custom buttons are kind of useless at this point. I really want to be able to set the 5-way button to be able to controller aperture (left/right) and shutter speed (up/down). Also, the C3 button is not customizable right now but I believe it should be.

As is, I have 7 customizable buttons but the only things I have them set to are Gimbal Re-Center and Camera Settings. So essentially I have 5 unused buttons. Help please!!
2022-7-27
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... all firmware updated???
2022-7-27
Use props
pauliedigi
lvl.2
United States

frankymusik Posted at 7-27 07:38

I just updated the firmware. I see that I can customize the dials and C3, and C1/2 + dial settings. Which is nice, because you can control aperture and shutter speed with the dial. BUT, it would be nice to be able to control the Shutter Speed and Aperture with the 5-way button. Still can't do that. I still have about 6 buttons all set to "Camera Settings", essentially going unused.
2022-7-27
Use props
roartiz
lvl.2

United States

Yes, the button customizations are sorely lacking! It would also be nice to be able to switch between video/photo mode with a button press, as is possible with the stock controller.
2022-7-27
Use props
pauliedigi
lvl.2
United States

roartiz Posted at 7-27 10:02
Yes, the button customizations are sorely lacking! It would also be nice to be able to switch between video/photo mode with a button press, as is possible with the stock controller.

Looks like we just need another firmware update to add some more customization. For switching between photo and video mode, you can use the corner buttons. If you are in photo mode and click the video record button, it will switch you to video mode but not start recording, and vice versa.
2022-7-27
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

Also been able to change the gimbal control tilt from the left wheel to the right wheel will be so nice !!
2022-7-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you saying that you can program the 5D button to control shutter speed and aperture on your Mavic2/Smart Controller? I haven't used mine for a long time, but all I remember is you can program the 5D button left/right to control EV compensation, which you also can with the Mavic3 and RC Pro.
2022-7-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

roartiz Posted at 7-27 10:02

May I ask why the RC Pro would need a button like the N1 to switch between video and photo, when there is a dedicated video button on the left side???
2022-7-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 7-27 07:38

LOLLLL, answer was obvious without even asking...
2022-7-27
Use props
pauliedigi
lvl.2
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-27 11:46
Are you saying that you can program the 5D button to control shutter speed and aperture on your Mavic2/Smart Controller? I haven't used mine for a long time, but all I remember is you can program the 5D button left/right to control EV compensation, which you also can with the Mavic3 and RC Pro.

You can program the 5-way button to control aperture and shutter speed. I believe the shutter speed control is called "EV compensation" or "Increase/Decrease EV" but it actually controls the shutter speed. I have my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller setup that way and I like that configuration a lot.

I tried setting the 5-way to control EV compensation but I didn't notice it doing anything - didn't see it affect any settings at least. So I'm not even sure what EV compensation does - maybe it's something you use for Auto mode (which I don't use).
2022-7-27
Use props
pauliedigi
lvl.2
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-27 11:50
May I ask why the RC Pro would need a button like the N1 to switch between video and photo, when there is a dedicated video button on the left side???

I would actually appreciate the ability to set a single button for switching between the photo and video modes, rather than using the two shoulder buttons to do this and risk taking an unwanted photo or unwanted start recording when attempting to switch. Not a big deal, though.
2022-7-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

pauliedigi Posted at 7-27 12:17
You can program the 5-way button to control aperture and shutter speed. I believe the shutter speed control is called "EV compensation" or "Increase/Decrease EV" but it actually controls the shutter speed. I have my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller setup that way and I like that configuration a lot.

I tried setting the 5-way to control EV compensation but I didn't notice it doing anything - didn't see it affect any settings at least. So I'm not even sure what EV compensation does - maybe it's something you use for Auto mode (which I don't use).

Of course EV actually controls shutter and aperture. But doesn't the EV adjustment on the 5D button only work when in Aperture or Shutter priority modes with the Mavic2/Smart Controller?  On the Mavic3 there's no more Shutter/Aperture priority modes, but having either shutter or aperture set in auto will make EV behave in the same way, and that's how EV adjustment on the 5D button works. So you can do the exact same thing on the Mavic3/RC Pro. EV just won't work when both shutter and aperture are in manual mode.
2022-7-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

pauliedigi Posted at 7-27 12:19
I would actually appreciate the ability to set a single button for switching between the photo and video modes, rather than using the two shoulder buttons to do this and risk taking an unwanted photo or unwanted start recording when attempting to switch. Not a big deal, though.

Very interesting logic there
2022-7-27
Use props
pauliedigi
lvl.2
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-27 12:41
Of course EV actually controls shutter and aperture. But doesn't the EV adjustment on the 5D button only work when in Aperture or Shutter priority modes with the Mavic2/Smart Controller?  On the Mavic3 there's no more Shutter/Aperture priority modes, but having either shutter or aperture set in auto will make EV behave in the same way, and that's how EV adjustment on the 5D button works. So you can do the exact same thing on the Mavic3/RC Pro. EV just won't work when both shutter and aperture are in manual mode.

There is no aperture or shutter priority mode on the Mavic 2 or 3. On the Mavic 2, you can set the 5-way button to increase/decrease aperture and increase/decrease EV. The EV increase/decrease controls the shutter speed (maybe it works differently if you are in an auto exposure mode). The Mavic 3 can control aperture and shutter speed but only when customizing the dials.
2022-7-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

pauliedigi Posted at 7-27 14:22
There is no aperture or shutter priority mode on the Mavic 2 or 3. On the Mavic 2, you can set the 5-way button to increase/decrease aperture and increase/decrease EV. The EV increase/decrease controls the shutter speed (maybe it works differently if you are in an auto exposure mode). The Mavic 3 can control aperture and shutter speed but only when customizing the dials.

There is no aperture or shutter priority mode on the Mavic 2
I must be dreaming then, for the 2 years I had used my Mavic2...
Oh by the way, what's the A and S in the camera menu on your mavic2?

2022-7-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

pauliedigi Posted at 7-27 14:22

On the Mavic 2, you can set the 5-way button to increase/decrease  aperture and increase/decrease EV. The EV increase/decrease controls the  shutter speed (maybe it works differently if you are in an auto  exposure mode).
So you're saying EV adjustment via 5D button works, when your Mavic2's camera menu is in M mode?

2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pauliedigi. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. For the latest DJI Mavic 3 and DJI RC Pro updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-7-27
Use props
pauliedigi
lvl.2
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-27 14:53
On the Mavic 2, you can set the 5-way button to increase/decrease  aperture and increase/decrease EV. The EV increase/decrease controls the  shutter speed (maybe it works differently if you are in an auto  exposure mode).
So you're saying EV adjustment via 5D button works, when your Mavic2's camera menu is in M mode?

Correct... there is an A and S mode which I've never used and was unaware of! When in M mode, the EV increase/decrease controls shutter speed.
2022-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules