Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dernandernkennt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296873 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dear,

i don´t see any problem by selling the dji celluar dongle in EU.

You may sell every kind of tuning parts for every car you can imagine.
Application of this stuff is within the rights and responsibilty of the owner.

Same with drone parts.

Its possible to sell whatever you like. Or DJI is able to do.
To harm the law is a responsibility of the pilot.

So please:
Dont do states work by restricting yourself.

No other industry does so.

BR

P.S.: Imagine somebody wants to buy it in germany to use it in a country where it´s allowed. There might not be any reason not to sell. I would like to buy it.
2022-8-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

+1 for this
2022-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

There is actually a weight issue in Europe , your take off weight includes all possible accesories so if they are not sold by the manufacturers in Europe then your craft remains in certain categories. If dji were to sell these accesories that might cause problems for those who want them but also those who don’t.
2022-8-1
Use props
dernandernkennt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

No, nonsense.

The actual weight by lifting off is the law important information.

It doesnt matter if there is theoretically a gadget which could make the drone heavier.
It also doesnt matter if there is a gadget which could make the car faster.

Like i said: Dont do states work by restricting yourself.

The drone is delivered in original and allowed status and even if not: It would be a pilot thing to start.

Thats why i brought that example: Maybe i just want to buy to fly where its allowed.

How could law forbid that?!

BR!
2022-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The EASA rules define the Maximum take off weight (MTOM) and this extra weight would change the class the Mavic 3 would be flown in regardless if you want the accessory or not.    For the same reason they are not selling other accessories here that add weight,  and the same for other drones like the Mini3,  no bigger battery or prop guards for example.  
2022-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

dernandernkennt Posted at 8-1 23:14
No, nonsense.

The actual weight by lifting off is the law important information.

Thats the problem, you and I would think this is bound to be the rule. But its not but at least the manufacturers are aware of the correct rules.

You may want to live a carefree life but if it impacts on others then it slowly becomes a problem
2022-8-1
Use props
dernandernkennt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

No, you got the wrong spirit, the wrong mindset and the wrong arguments.

Are you working for the law enforcements or whats up here?

It is not DJI or anyones case if some gadgets would change the class of a drone.

Why do i need to explain that?!

The MTOM is the actual lift off weight in the moment the drone starts to fly.
Thats all.

The "maximum take of weight" - like you are interpretating - could be much higher if you take a small rope with payload on it and start to fly.

There is no need to restrict celling the dji cellular dongle.
There is a restriction for a pilot to use it. There is a restriction for the pilot to got a license in a bigger class.

This is not DJI´s thing.

You may drive a big truck with a smaller license, as long as you drive without a trailer - at least in the eu.
You may have the biggest knifes in germany, as long as you keep it at home.

So... you should be able to buy dji cellular dongle. Even if you may not use it.

I repeat: Dont do states work by restricting yourself.

BR
2022-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

dernandernkennt Posted at 8-1 23:38
No, you got the wrong spirit, the wrong mindset and the wrong arguments.

Are you working for the law enforcements or whats up here?

No actually it’s you that has it wrong and no one is working for law enforcement. It’s a fact you don’t know the rule. But your drone is yours to fly as you wish and you are solely responsible for that. But when it affects others then it becomes a problem.
Any one with any savvy would realize that dji would have no interest in not selling their accessories worldwide they are after all in the business of selling why can you tell me they would choose to restrict anyone to buying or flying anything to do with their drones.
The choice for MTOM was decided in Europe by Europeans of which you are one “I think” so your grievances should really be with them
2022-8-1
Use props
dernandernkennt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

You simply don't get the point.

Nobody is affected, when a drone is upgrading into another class. Why should anybody?!
What do you see is happening here?! I dont get your idea, because its simply wrong.

Even if the drone is getting heavier with other payload or equipment oder any additional gadget: This does not affect the public.
DJI is not neccessarily obliged to change the drones class just because there is a thing which could change drones lift off weight.

So nobody is affected if DJI starts to sell the cellular dongle.

The drone itself, sold as a package, is the MTOM responsible weight at the moment the drone starts in that configuration. Thats MTOM.

And it does not affect the drone, sold as a package, if there is equipment which can be used in other legal terms.
This is impossible. Just think about the sense of law. It is impossible to call your idea a legal scenario.

EU can not forbid to have equipment which is useable in other countries.

Don't get me wrong: I understand your point. I know what youre willing to point.

Thats why im asking: Are you part of the law enforcement? Dont do their job.

By the way: I know the rules. There is nothing to grievance.
Thats why im asking DJI to start selling that stuff by changing arguments.

In the worst case scenario DJI simply need to disclaim with a sentence like:
DJI cellular dongle might not be legal to use in your country.

But to restrict to sell this stuff is not neccessary.
2022-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

dernandernkennt Posted at 8-2 01:46
You simply don't get the point.

Nobody is affected, when a drone is upgrading into another class. Why should anybody?!

“Even if the drone is getting heavier with other payload or equipment oder any additional gadget: This does not affect the public.”

Try telling that to the guy who got smashed in the face with an inspire “that weight makes no difference. Or better still ask the guy who was flying a manned aircraft would he prefer to be hit by a matrice 600 or a mini 1.

You’re problem is you are on the wrong forum.go complain to EASA because tearing your hair out on this forum won’t change anything except to be reading pointless whining.

You might explain to me why I cannot buy an AR15 in Ireland so when I arrive in the US Im ready for a shooting...
2022-8-2
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

MTOM needs to consider all official accessories, it's a regulation problem. If they sell accessories in Europe MTOM of the Mini 3, Mavic 3, etc can't be 249g and 895g.

As a manufacturer, DJI need to comply with that if they want the Mini 3 to be C0 and the Mavic 3 C1 in the future. Otherwise Mini3 will be C1 and Mavic 3 C2.

PS: Drone classes in europe are going to get changed anyway (it's official) so expect even harder regulation in the near future.
2022-8-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

“To settle an argument think of what is right, not who is right.”
2022-8-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i agree with anything mentioned in this thread about freedom and being able to do as you wish without unnecessary and excessive supervision by the government.  however, think of it this way.  dji is seeking something.  they are looking for something in particular from the government.  i don't live in europe so i don't know exactly the details but it would seem to me if you want to make a claim that has to be approved by the government then you need to comply.  i could be wrong but in order for dji to comply, dji felt (right or wrong) they needed to limit the sale of certain accessories before they can make a claim.  if you don't want to make the claim, forget it and sell everything and everything you wish.   but if you want to mark you drone and you want to defend that mark, you do whatever YOU think is necessary to support the claim or make it easier to support your claim if you are challenged.  it's a business decision and as a result, neither the consumer not the government has any say.  just be glad it. it's 2022 and there are ways; the intrusion is minimal.  otherwise, i think i also agree in customer choices and let's allow the customer to comply with the law (or not).
2022-8-2
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Btw I think the Op mentioned that he could not buy the 4g dongle in Europe. I know this probably sounds like I am trying to twist the argument, I am not actually, but I just wanted to mention that it is very easy to physically purchase the DJI 4G Dongle in Europe or in the US by doing so on Ebay. I have recently bought one from Ebay and it was delivered to me just in a couple of days and it was shipped from the US to the US.
Unfortunately the ease ends there as in the US I am able to use the dongle with the DJI RC Pro , but not with the Mavic 3 Cine. RC Pro when connected via the 4G dongle reports successful connection to 4G LTE service and I am able to browse internet, see maps, etc. The drone however tried to connect, I can see that it even does connect and the light on the dongle goes green following by red light indicating no connection. At the same time I get an error on the RC Pro saying that "Enhanced transmission is not allowed for your region". This makes me thing that the support and capability is actually all there, but probably this is DJI's compliance department that is mandating restriction in US and Europe due probably not getting FCC / CE approvals that are probably required for the dongle to operate on US / EU cellular networks. Just my 2 cents on it...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dernandernkennt. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Mzp Posted at 8-2 10:57
Btw I think the Op mentioned that he could not buy the 4g dongle in Europe. I know this probably sounds like I am trying to twist the argument, I am not actually, but I just wanted to mention that it is very easy to physically purchase the DJI 4G Dongle in Europe or in the US by doing so on Ebay. I have recently bought one from Ebay and it was delivered to me just in a couple of days and it was shipped from the US to the US.
Unfortunately the ease ends there as in the US I am able to use the dongle with the DJI RC Pro , but not with the Mavic 3 Cine. RC Pro when connected via the 4G dongle reports successful connection to 4G LTE service and I am able to browse internet, see maps, etc. The drone however tried to connect, I can see that it even does connect and the light on the dongle goes green following by red light indicating no connection. At the same time I get an error on the RC Pro saying that "Enhanced transmission is not allowed for your region". This makes me thing that the support and capability is actually all there, but probably this is DJI's compliance department that is mandating restriction in US and Europe due probably not getting FCC / CE approvals that are probably required for the dongle to operate on US / EU cellular networks. Just my 2 cents on it...

I think you can purchase all the accessories for Mini 3 and Mavic 3 through many sources and this is fully up to yourself . I think the discussion here is why dji are not selling the accessories,  and it’s very simple , due to MTOM rules set down by EASA both these drones sold with accessories by dji would just mean they now would be in different categories. It’s just a matter of reading the rules and not interpreting them in ways that might suit ;+) but your point is 100% correct you can if you want get any of these accessories.
2022-8-4
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-4 01:59
I think you can purchase all the accessories for Mini 3 and Mavic 3 through many sources and this is fully up to yourself . I think the discussion here is why dji are not selling the accessories,  and it’s very simple , due to MTOM rules set down by EASA both these drones sold with accessories by dji would just mean they now would be in different categories. It’s just a matter of reading the rules and not interpreting them in ways that might suit ;+) but your point is 100% correct you can if you want get any of these accessories.

I hear you Hallmark. I guess that's why DJI won't sell the extra long batteries for Mini 3 to Europe. must be the same MTOM rules Thank you for acknowledging my point there

Thanks, Mike.

2022-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Mzp Posted at 8-4 07:49
I hear you Hallmark. I guess that's why DJI won't sell the extra long batteries for Mini 3 to Europe. must be the same MTOM rules  Thank you for acknowledging my point there

Thanks, Mike.

Yes they are basically covering themselves they sell the drone as is in Europe and as is it meets the MTOM for each category. But as you said for others those covered by license that qualifys them to fly their drones in other categories they just need to get them shipped from other places . I have 2 long time batteries for Mini 3 coming from South Africa as soon as they have them in stock.
2022-8-4
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-4 07:54
Yes they are basically covering themselves they sell the drone as is in Europe and as is it meets the MTOM for each category. But as you said for others those covered by license that qualifys them to fly their drones in other categories they just need to get them shipped from other places . I have 2 long time batteries for Mini 3 coming from South Africa as soon as they have them in stock.

I hear you on this. Luckily I was able to buy the M3P with those long time batteries as they ship those to US...
2022-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules