921 15 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2104459 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

It seems every time I'm out flying, someone approaches me, and I fear a drone confrontation every time ;-)

How are you dealing with people approaching you?

2022-8-17
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

I like it when interested parties come along.  
2022-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No confrontation this time, just an interested person.  
2022-8-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hate people at the best of times lol, if it looks like someone may be interested, i generally turn my back to them and let my mate do the talking lol
2022-8-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well he seemed polite.  
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for sharing this video with us. This video is very interesting. Again, thank you for your support and keep safe always.
2022-8-17
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13686729 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happens and you never really know how they will react but hopefully there are other people close by but so far, no trouble
2022-8-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-17 04:15
I hate people at the best of times lol, if it looks like someone may be interested, i generally turn my back to them and let my mate do the talking lol

Well that is just rude
2022-8-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-17 21:20
Well that is just rude

Depends on your perspective, but it sure beats having to talk to a stranger when I'm flying, they get the hint that I'm not interested, but if there is one thing I have learnt recently, people can be rude, very rude!
2022-8-17
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

Here is a trick we use quite frequently in areas where knob heads like to pull over and question you. Wear a hi-viz vest, it makes you look very official and they don't question you. I have had nosey parkers walk up and say sorry mate, I didnt realise you were working.

Trust me, it works.
2022-8-17
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 8-17 23:07
Here is a trick we use quite frequently in areas where knob heads like to pull over and question you. Wear a hi-viz vest, it makes you look very official and they don't question you. I have had nosey parkers walk up and say sorry mate, I didnt realise you were working.

Trust me, it works.

i like that a lot.  got some hi vis vests might take with me
2022-8-17
Use props
enricorc_cz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 8-17 23:07

Trust me, it works.

That's a good idea
2022-8-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a Hi Vis drone vest but i dont use it, certainly not during the summer, UK bugs an all that, hate them too lol
2022-8-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

in no case shall someone walk up to me that close, i would move around my car to make sure we keep the distance.  in a few places i fly, it's actually a high-crime neighborhood nearby and i am moderately armed so it's up to me to avoid any confrontations.  lately i drive to my destination, where i park and pull out my bike and cycle a short distance to my flying spot which is not easily accessible by foot so it's not really possible for anyone to walk up to me.  i find no value in talking to anyone or educating anyone while i am flying because half or more of them are disingenuous.  there is no upside to have that discussion imo.
2022-8-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happy for you Henrik that it was kind and safe.  I have not had great luck with this lately.  People are insane.
2022-8-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I usually take it easy.
Fly the drone back and chat for a while.
2022-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules