Android 11 connection
2700 8 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matijaz74
lvl.1

Slovenia

Hi!
I apologize in advance if I am not in the right topic.
I have a DJI Mini 2 and I can't connect to the UMIDIGI A11 phone, but it has Android 11. This link says that the phone must have Andoid 6 or later . It says below which phones it supports. But my phone has Andoid 11. Does it literally have to be a phone from this list? Thank you for help!
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Matijaz74. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. After checking the mobile device ( UMIDIGI A11 phone on Android 11  ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the UMIDIGI A11 phone on Android 11 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-9-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12686732 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Many other devices not listed on the DJI list do work great!

Android 6 or higher indeed, but has to be a 64 bits processor. (so yours is oke)
But the screen resolution of your device is 720*1600, not sure if that is the bottle-neck

Just install the fly app and see what happens.

link to APK > https://www.dji.com/nl/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

cheers
JJB
2022-9-3
Use props
Matijaz74
lvl.1

Slovenia

JJB* Posted at 9-3 02:02
Hi,

Many other devices not listed on the DJI list do work great!
Hi!
Well, it's true that when I turn on the DJI Fly app and connect the USB-C to the controller, the app shows that the RC is not connected to the mobile phone. What could be the problem that the mobile phone does not recognize the usb-c connector? I would like to find a solution so that I don't have to go buy a phone that is from the list and the connection does not work at all.
Thank you for your help.
2022-9-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12686732 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Matijaz74 Posted at 9-3 03:53
Hi!
Well, it's true that when I turn on the DJI Fly app and connect the USB-C to the controller, the app shows that the RC is not connected to the mobile phone. What could be the problem that the mobile phone does not recognize the usb-c connector? I would like to find a solution so that I don't have to go buy a phone that is from the list and the connection does not work at all.
Thank you for your help.

Hi,

Does your computer sees the phone when connected via USB C cable?
If not, try another cable

Settings in Android > go to developper options and check the USB configurations setup, on my phone selected "MTP (media transfer protocol)

cheers
JJB
2022-9-3
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

What cord are you using to connect?
2022-9-3
Use props
Matijaz74
lvl.1

Slovenia

It doesn't work! It doesn't even work offline on a phone. The drone does not activate! I will take it back to the store and ask for a new one and I will dispute it on the spot. Or show me how to do it. I won't mess with this anymore. Easy control with a drone where you can see all over YouTube. But it doesn't work for me.

So I do not forget. Obviously, the controller connects to the drone. I notice this when moving the camera. I can move it up and down. If I move the Cine/Normal/Sport switch when the light is flashing green, it responds. When I put it on sport, the green light blinks quickly, in Normal it blinks normally, and in Cine it blinks slowly. The propellers do not start if I move both sticks inward or outward diagonally.
Screenshot_20220904-141430051.png
2022-9-4
Use props
Matijaz74
lvl.1

Slovenia

Hi!
I'm posting again. I still haven't managed to connect the controller to the mobile phone. But I noticed what I didn't see or didn't notice in the videos. Icon above the Connection Guide button showing the connection. It didn't show up for me. Despite the real OS and processor, both of which are 64-bit, there is still something that prevents it from working. However, these phones, which are listed in DJI, are no longer sold here. But newer versions, which is a question of whether it will catch on.
Screenshot_20220906-170307518.jpg
2022-9-6
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

If you have access to an iPhone, try that.   Some Android phones can have compatibility issues.
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules