Vignette on Images (I know another thread :/)
757 12 2022-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelhames
lvl.2
Flight distance : 922792 ft
United States

So I have had my mini 3 for a couple of months now and like many others I am having a huge problem with a vignette showing up on my raw 12 mp files. I have attached a quick sample to show what I am talking about.

(Like others) mine seems to only show up when shooting using the 12mp option. When I shoot in 48mp it seems to do ok. I prefer to shoot bracketed photos so that is why I am using the 12mp size as I dont see a way to shoot AEB with 48m.

This was a huge job that i was on and the problem wasnt visible until I pulled the images into my editing software on my computer. I was able to fix them all in post but it took some extra work.

My question is, what would do? I have kind of been waiting thinking maybe it is just a software issue but the latest update did not fix it. Would you send the drone back for a replacement or repair? Have you found a work around to this issue?

Thanks for your help and fly safe!

Michael
sample.jpg
2022-9-27
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its been fixed for a long time with firmware updates.

What editing software are you using?  Maybe its not reading the file correctly.

LR/PS/C1 and others all work fine.
2022-9-27
Use props
michaelhames
lvl.2
United States

gnirtS Posted at 9-27 06:32

Thank you so much for your response. I had the latest firmware when I took these pictures which was about two weeks ago. I experience the same thing in Lightroom on the PC, and also on affinity photo on the Mac.  It is very prevalent in almost all the photos.  
2022-9-27
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Tried a firmware refresh?

That really isn't something anyone is seeing much now on the drone.
2022-9-27
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

The vignette is unfortunately fixed in the 12 MP images. Besides the expensive developer Adobe Camera Raw (and maybe some other exotics), unfortunately only the DxO programs PureRaw 2 and Photolab 5 are currently able to make a reasonable correction. PureRaw 2 is the more affordable variant.

Uncorrected:

Corrected with PureRaw 2:

You won't get better results with currently available software!
2022-9-27
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

Sorry, clicked the wrong pic:

Corrected with PureRaw 2:
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Michael. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro for us to be bale to see if the issue will persist? Thank you.
2022-9-27
Use props
michaelhames
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 20:10
Hello there Michael. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro for us to be bale to see if the issue will persist? Thank you.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have just reinstalled the firmware and will go out today and grab some test images and report back. Fingers crossed.  Thanks
2022-9-28
Use props
michaelhames
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 20:10

I did this today and now my drone is bricked with the 30064 message like many others
2022-9-28
Use props
Darkpaw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536896 ft
  • >>>
Canada

gnirtS Posted at 9-27 06:32

It has?  I have the latest firmware on mine, and it still does it in RAW.  It's very frustrating.
2022-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

michaelhames Posted at 9-28 13:54
I did this today and now my drone is bricked with the 30064 message like many others

Hi there michaelhames. Thank you for the reply and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Kindly please send me your DJI email account through PM for us to be able to assist you further? Thank you.
2022-9-28
Use props
michaelhames
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-28 23:22
Hi there michaelhames. Thank you for the reply and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Kindly please send me your DJI email account through PM for us to be able to assist you further? Thank you.

*edit- i figured out how to send a pm lol
2022-9-29
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Tried a firmware refresh?

That really isn't something anyone is seeing much now on the drone.
2022-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules