1381 10 2022-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I bought some cheap reading glasses with +2 that have plastic lens (not glass) so you guys can see how much the improvement is just even with plastic in front of Osmo Action 3.  I also compared it to Osmo Action just to show how sharp that is.

No sharpening in post

2022-10-26
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did try that too as I already had +2 reading glasses, it helped with close up stuff but not needed beyond about 2m
I did wonder if it was basically just magnifying things?
2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

4wd Posted at 10-26 10:14
I did try that too as I already had +2 reading glasses, it helped with close up stuff but not needed beyond about 2m

Yes thats all its doing. But if you look at the problems it causing throughout the frame with distortion and some mush spread at different points in the frame its not a photography./videography solution . Its funny this “focus” problem at 30 cm seems to be an issue for vloggers yet they say for vlogging camera at arms length is where you need to be which is average 50/60 cm which doesn’t seem to be a problem. I suppose for an action camera if you’re filming a chess game it will cause real problems
2022-10-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

4wd Posted at 10-26 10:14

If you check trees further away in my video, they are sharper than it was
2022-10-26
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting video. You probably better to do it on a clear bright day or in otherwise good lighting so gain and noise reduction etc.. doesn't come into play.

As with most tests the OA1 is clearly sharper. I suppose depending on the use that may or may not be a good thing.
2022-10-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Mikedefieslife Posted at 10-27 05:54
Interesting video. You probably better to do it on a clear bright day or in otherwise good lighting so gain and noise reduction etc.. doesn't come into play.

As with most tests the OA1 is clearly sharper. I suppose depending on the use that may or may not be a good thing.

We doesn't have a much daylight here, but this was a quick test just to check since I am actually thinking about buying a +2 filter and make it fit.

2022-10-27
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Will be interesting to see how this turns out for you.  Based on what has been posted here and on YT - it seems +2 is the sweet spot.  With so much additional resolution clarity you have on your OA1 - I can appreciate why you would want this.
2022-10-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

10-Bit Posted at 10-27 12:21
Will be interesting to see how this turns out for you.  Based on what has been posted here and on YT - it seems +2 is the sweet spot.  With so much additional resolution clarity you have on your OA1 - I can appreciate why you would want this.

I think about ordering set with macro filters to test out, or maybe only +2 filter.
Should had filter holder 52mm for OA3 to make it easier.
2022-10-27
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

johansenfoto Posted at 10-27 12:49
I think about ordering set with macro filters to test out, or maybe only +2 filter.
Should had filter holder 52mm for OA3 to make it easier.

Smallrig is probably working on a case with 52mm lens adapter like they did for the oa1. Atleast i hope so :p  
2022-10-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

stagnant Posted at 10-27 13:16
Smallrig is probably working on a case with 52mm lens adapter like they did for the oa1. Atleast i hope so :p

That would be really awesome
2022-10-27
Use props
Xtina143
lvl.1
Philippines

Im not sure if my OA3 has a FOCUS issue.. XD. I took a short video 4k / 30fps / RS

[url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgqKzifCrG4[/url]
2022-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules