2579 8 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

In additon to flying in sport mode,  shooting with high FPS, the Mini 3 Pro also cannot tolerate colder weather (I'm high 20s in this case).   I could hear the gimble grind on landing.   I've flow my other DJIs in much colder weather without seeing this issue.   The min temp they recommend is 32 deg.  I flew the FPV earlier in colder weather and no issues.

2022-11-16
Use props
SparkyPN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133711 ft
New Zealand

my money is on the gimbals vibrating like with a few others on here. Mine does it on start up occasionally, gentle tap and it stops.
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the aircraft does the same issue when used at normal temperature? In addition, we do not recommend flying the aircraft below 0°C to avoid this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-16
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-16 21:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the aircraft does the same issue when used at normal temperature? In addition, we do not recommend flying the aircraft below 0°C to avoid this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I can occur if you fly in sport mode, or if you don't have an ND filter.   The cold weather I think is a new issue with the drone.  I could hear a grinding noise when it landed, as the gimble tilted up.   Perhaps I just have a failing gimble.   I set up a repair request, and I'll send it in.    (I did do a calibration of the gimble, didn't help).   
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BarnSwallow Posted at 11-16 22:42
I can occur if you fly in sport mode, or if you don't have an ND filter.   The cold weather I think is a new issue with the drone.  I could hear a grinding noise when it landed, as the gimble tilted up.   Perhaps I just have a failing gimble.   I set up a repair request, and I'll send it in.    (I did do a calibration of the gimble, didn't help).

Thank you for your prompt response. You may access this link https://repair.dji.com/trace/search?lang=en for you to track the progress of your repair case. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-17
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'll post whatever DJI tells me as a resolution.
2022-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope you find a fix.
2022-11-17
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI replaced the Gimbal, great turn around time. Had it back in a week.
2022-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BarnSwallow Posted at 11-29 12:47
DJI replaced the Gimbal, great turn around time. Had it back in a week.

Good to hear!
2022-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules