Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12717890 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

In the past....the CSV file from PhantomHelp did shows the VPS height data when not measuring (out of range or simply not able to determine height) as an empty cell.
But not in the latest CSV files for (i think) FlyApp drones.

For the pilots on this forum who like to analyze logs, latest PH CSV files could be wrongly interpreteted. (well that is my opinion...)

To make this clear watch the video, flyning low over water.
In the video you will see the VPS height in the Flyapp showing in red or amber, but not always.
When it is not seen, it is not able to measure height. BUT in the CSV this is not seen, as data is copy paste from the last measured height.

Data examples as screen shot:

VPSsensor1 : from FRAP (data from the flight in the video). I colour VPS copy paste data in red, like 2!2
VPSsensor2 : same data in the CSV, see column "OSD.vpsHeight [m]" ; each cell has data....
VPSsensor3 : same flight and CSV ; ascending/descending to > 100 baro height and see that the VPSheight is there, in each record 5.1  until measuring again!
VPSsensor4 : old CSV flight ; as said, in previous PhantomHellp versions (and perhaps still like this on older type drones) the value = empty = not measuring / out of range

The column "OSD.isSwaveWork" is usefull : not able to measure * height = FALSE.
* out of range ofcourse or surface below is not 'good' to make a measurement (see the manual).

imo OSD.isSwaveWork should be renamed to OSD.isVPSheightMeasuring...  ;-)

cheers
JJB

VPSsensor1.png
VPSsensor2.png
VPSsensor3.png
VPSsensor4.png
2022-11-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not ask over on the Mavicpilots forum, the PH site owner? seems to be seen reasonably often over there.
2022-11-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12717890 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-24 05:58
Why not ask over on the Mavicpilots forum, the PH site owner? seems to be seen reasonably often over there.

bc i am on this forum, and users on here might like to know this...

cheers
JJB
2022-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules