Battery Voltage Warning
2537 6 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glenncudmorecomcast.net
lvl.3

United States

Flying the Mavic 3T and I keep getting low battery voltage warning. The battery percentage is fine but I get a low voltage warning starting under 15.0 V even though the battery percentage is still near 50%. On the safe side, I've been landing but I'm getting concerned. This is happening on multiple batteries and flying both regular flights and autonomous through Flighthub 2. Drone, remote and batteries all updated.
2022-12-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Voltage irregularities should have nothing to do with the battery percentage.  It sounds like something is off with your drone if multiple batteries are doing the same thing.  I would get DJI to replace that one ASAP.
2022-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Were the batteries cold when you got this warning,  usually you would also get a battery temp warning when you first boot up.   M right be worth posting a log - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I havn't try on M3T but on M300 there are specific settings for each battery, especially for self-discharge. But you can also adjust the low level. Take a look in the application, look at the voltage of each element, it must be the same everywhere, +/- 0.1V. There are 4 elements per battery.Try to manage to land the drone never below 14.85V every time. It's just over 3.7V per cell which is the rated voltage of a lithium polymer cell. Lower is bad for the battery, so call deep-discharge. 3.4V per cell is the point where you may destroy the battery. When it's cold, the voltage will degrade very quickly and exponentially. So if you set the auto-RTH at 20% there shouldn't be any problem. The drone will manage the RTH for you depending on the distance.  

When DJI write 45min max flight in the spec they should add "by destroying the battery". Instead of that, they mention below :

[4] Measured with Mavic 3 Enterprise Series flying at a constant speed of 32.4 kph in a windless environment at sea level until the battery reached 0%. Data is for reference only. Please pay attention to RTH reminders in the DJI Pilot 2 app during flight.
They are funny at DJI. Marketing with option I'm not lying but I'm not telling the whole truth.

Otherwise you return your batteries to the after-sales service by creating a ticket on the support. It's fast, they won't ask any questions.

2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. May I know the environment temperature while flying? Please try to charge the battery to full and discharge the battery and check again. Please keep us updated if the error persists.
2022-12-4
Use props
glenncudmorecomcast.net
lvl.3

United States

My fault and thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I accidentally changed the "Customize Battery Warning" which caused the confusion. Changed it back and all is good!!!
2022-12-4
Use props
glenncudmorecomcast.net
lvl.3

United States

My fault and thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I accidentally changed the "Customize Battery Warning" which caused the confusion. Changed it back and all is good!!!
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules