United Kingdom

thank you enikdem.   
2022-12-9
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819406 ft
Germany

colourful - nice shot and exactly what I needed today, as we have the first snowfall this year...
2022-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ElleKN Posted at 12-9 04:43
colourful - nice shot and exactly what I needed today, as we have the first snowfall this year...

-4c when I was out this morning,   flying in freezing fog and the props begin to ice up.   We have the threat of snow in the coming days but Im not sure I would bet on it.
2022-12-9
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, very beautiful.
2022-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 12-9 07:15
Yes, very beautiful.

thanks Depp.   
2022-12-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that is one fantastic sunrise.  The colors are so vibrant!      That's the type of sunrise that is worth getting up to see, regardless of the temperature.  
2022-12-9
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6420810 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Simply splendid.  We awaoke to grey skies and snow showers this morning.  It's all melted away now.
2022-12-10
Use props
Fulmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177516 ft
Germany

Very beautiful sunrise. Definitely worth a photo!
2022-12-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-9 07:56
Wow, that is one fantastic sunrise.  The colors are so vibrant!      That's the type of sunrise that is worth getting up to see, regardless of the temperature.

Thanks DT,.   freezing fog here has stopped play the last couple of days.      Id been having some issues with the Mini3,   strong wind warnings when there was no wind,   as attested to be the sail boats being pushed along.   And I noticed it was craving in flight a lot,   I did a few tests runs where I just pushed right stick forward and watch the map view to see it fly a banana.    But hovering and defending were fine.  I did all the calibrations with the same results so Ive now swapped the props and I have to say so far it's flying very differently.    I guess 4400km is just too mucin to ask of a set of props.
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-10 06:13
Simply splendid.  We awaoke to grey skies and snow showers this morning.  It's all melted away now.

Freezing fog here today,  froze up my new props nicely. Snow is on the forecast overnight and as we wont get above 1c today.   (it was -4c when I left this morning) I think Theres a chance it might stick around until the morning.  
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fulmo Posted at 12-10 07:00
Very beautiful sunrise. Definitely worth a photo!

Thanks Jens.   
2022-12-11
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-11 01:14
Freezing fog here today,  froze up my new props nicely. Snow is on the forecast overnight and as we wont get above 1c today.   (it was -4c when I left this morning) I think Theres a chance it might stick around until the morning.

We had snow yesterday, but it has mostly melted away this morning.  Just dull and cold today (+1C)
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-11 01:19
We had snow yesterday, but it has mostly melted away this morning.  Just dull and cold today (+1C)

-3c here at the moment with thick freezing fog.   Even the trains were having with the power pickup crackiling and sparking away.
2022-12-11
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-11 01:45
-3c here at the moment with thick freezing fog.   Even the trains were having with the power pickup crackiling and sparking away.

Don't you just love winter
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-11 01:51
Don't you just love winter

It was quite nice when I set off around 6:30,  I was late as I fancied a sausage in a baguette to take with me.   But the freezing fog was too much to fly in and the props on the Mini3 came back full of ice.  

Ive just fitted new props as I was having some issues with the mini 3 not flying straight and reporting wind warning on days when there was no wind.  Ive only flown one proper test flight since and it seems better.     I guess 4400km was too much for a set of props.
2022-12-11
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-11 01:53
It was quite nice when I set off around 6:30,  I was late as I fancied a sausage in a baguette to take with me.   But the freezing fog was too much to fly in and the props on the Mini3 came back full of ice.  

Ive just fitted new props as I was having some issues with the mini 3 not flying straight and reporting wind warning on days when there was no wind.  Ive only flown one proper test flight since and it seems better.     I guess 4400km was too much for a set of props.

You've stuck to DJI props, I expect, rather than non-standard?
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-11 01:59
You've stuck to DJI props, I expect, rather than non-standard?

Yes as per the CAA rules.   I went to order a new set this morning and they are out of stock.  So I have two pairs left if something happens but as the ones I removed are orginal these should last me until Mini4
2022-12-11
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-11 02:04
Yes as per the CAA rules.   I went to order a new set this morning and they are out of stock.  So I have two pairs left if something happens but as the ones I removed are orginal these should last me until Mini4

On past performance that seems a good bet
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-11 02:33
On past performance that seems a good bet

After the polish kielbasa soup Ive made for lunch I'll go and test them again at high tide,  assuming the fog has cleared.  
2022-12-11
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-11 02:52
After the polish kielbasa soup Ive made for lunch I'll go and test them again at high tide,  assuming the fog has cleared.

2022-12-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-11 01:13
Thanks DT,.   freezing fog here has stopped play the last couple of days.      Id been having some issues with the Mini3,   strong wind warnings when there was no wind,   as attested to be the sail boats being pushed along.   And I noticed it was craving in flight a lot,   I did a few tests runs where I just pushed right stick forward and watch the map view to see it fly a banana.    But hovering and defending were fine.  I did all the calibrations with the same results so Ive now swapped the props and I have to say so far it's flying very differently.    I guess 4400km is just too mucin to ask of a set of props.

Yeah, 4400km is a lot on any set of props.  Glad to hear it is flying better after the prop swap.  Now you just need the weather to cooperate better.  
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-11 05:40
Yeah, 4400km is a lot on any set of props.  Glad to hear it is flying better after the prop swap.  Now you just need the weather to cooperate better.

Hopefully I didnt damage one with a rough field landing.
2022-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 04:34
Hopefully I didnt damage one with a rough field landing.

Hey, I'll take a rough landing over losing the drone any day.  

You got to admit though that the Mini 3 Pro really sits low to the ground to almost all other DJI drones.
2022-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-12 13:02
Hey, I'll take a rough landing over losing the drone any day.  

You got to admit though that the Mini 3 Pro really sits low to the ground to almost all other DJI drones.

It was very low to the ground where I recovered it from the farmers crop field,    but it seems ok which is a relief.  
2022-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-13 01:40
It was very low to the ground where I recovered it from the farmers crop field,    but it seems ok which is a relief.

I bet you let out a sigh of relief when you found it and saw it was in good shape.  The design of the front of the Mini 3 Pro really puts the gimbal and camera in peril during crashes.  
2022-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-13 04:47
I bet you let out a sigh of relief when you found it and saw it was in good shape.  The design of the front of the Mini 3 Pro really puts the gimbal and camera in peril during crashes.

Just went out for a little afternoon flight and I now realise that I did some damage to the props when it landed,  one has a very slight dent in it and the others are scratched up a bit.  Sadly DJI are out of stock so Ive ordered from a local supplier a new set.  Typical,   as you know I had just fitted these,  could job for the pre flight checks.  

When I was walking through the field to where I thought Id put it down,  near a land mark old bridge I couldn't see it and I was rapidly running out of field,    I did begin to think someone had found it or seen it land,   but then the remote reconnected to the drone so at least I knew it was there somewhere.
2022-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-13 06:39
Just went out for a little afternoon flight and I now realise that I did some damage to the props when it landed,  one has a very slight dent in it and the others are scratched up a bit.  Sadly DJI are out of stock so Ive ordered from a local supplier a new set.  Typical,   as you know I had just fitted these,  could job for the pre flight checks.  

When I was walking through the field to where I thought Id put it down,  near a land mark old bridge I couldn't see it and I was rapidly running out of field,    I did begin to think someone had found it or seen it land,   but then the remote reconnected to the drone so at least I knew it was there somewhere.

Good thing there was plenty of battery left on the drone to allow the RC to reconnect.  

Sad about damaging the new props already.

Early last week I ordered 2 sets of Master Air Screw props.  One in bright orange and the other in Lime Green.  They are due to me lat this week or on Saturday.  I use the Master Air Screw props exclusively on the Air 2S and love them.  They seem a little bit quieter and are definitely made much better than OEM.  
2022-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-13 11:51
Good thing there was plenty of battery left on the drone to allow the RC to reconnect.  

Sad about damaging the new props already.

There wasnt much left,   it was critical but enough to activate the beeping which did help.  

I ordered new blades but just realised the post are on strike for the next couple of days so they will be delayed.
2022-12-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-14 01:29
There wasnt much left,   it was critical but enough to activate the beeping which did help.  

I ordered new blades but just realised the post are on strike for the next couple of days so they will be delayed.

Dang, post on strike now and previously was trains on strike if memory serves me right.  Guess it is an effective time of year for the post to go on strike to show the power they have in negotiations.  
2022-12-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-14 04:52
Dang, post on strike now and previously was trains on strike if memory serves me right.  Guess it is an effective time of year for the post to go on strike to show the power they have in negotiations.

Post strike is today and now tomorrow and trains are tues/wed/thurs here. And Nurses tomorrow will strike.  
2022-12-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-14 05:11
Post strike is today and now tomorrow and trains are tues/wed/thurs here. And Nurses tomorrow will strike.

Dang, might as well just shut the country down for the week.  

The trains wanted to shut down here but the federal government put that to rest really quick.
2022-12-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-14 05:47
Dang, might as well just shut the country down for the week.  

The trains wanted to shut down here but the federal government put that to rest really quick.

I saw that on the news,   they are still running some trains here,   seem they use the small ones and then run them extra slow.  Mr B said it was a complete stoppage for his local line.     Hospital tomorrow so the nurse thing may or may not be a pain,   we will see.
2022-12-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules