741 13 2023-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcocappelli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 383586 ft
Italy

Hi,

I read many post about that and I don't understand the policy of Dji.

I bought a used Air2s through an italian webshop (Dronihub.com), I used it for one year without problem, now I bought the new rc controller with the monitor, I try to connect it but I have an error message because the drone is already bounded to the old customer.

I contacted Dji customer care but the only thing that can do was to send an email to the old customer to ask to unbound the drone... the store doesn't seem to want to help me... but I can't understand why dji can't unlock the device if it isn't stolen or why it can't communicate the old owner's email.

However I would like to know if you know a system to be able to use the new remote control even without disconnecting the account of past customer.

thank you
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi there, hope you can understand that we cannot perform binding, and therefore, we cannot change the binding or unbind a product. In order to protect our customers' legal rights and data privacy security, it is needed to perform unbinding via the associate account. We noticed that our support team is helping try to contact the original owner. If we receive any reply, our team will keep you updated. In order to protect the rights and interests of the product, if you use an unbound remote control, there will be restrictions.
2023-1-23
Use props
marcocappelli
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-23 00:43
Hi there, hope you can understand that we cannot perform binding, and therefore, we cannot change the binding or unbind a product. In order to protect our customers' legal rights and data privacy security, it is needed to perform unbinding via the associate account. We noticed that our support team is helping try to contact the original owner. If we receive any reply, our team will keep you updated. In order to protect the rights and interests of the product, if you use an unbound remote control, there will be restrictions.

I understand that there are privacy rules that do not depend on you, but I don't understand what problem there could be in making the email address visible on the dji fly app. This way I could contact the owner directly.
However in case the owner does not respond? Will the drone always stay stuck? I find it makes little sense to you too
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

marcocappelli Posted at 1-23 00:47
I understand that there are privacy rules that do not depend on you, but I don't understand what problem there could be in making the email address visible on the dji fly app. This way I could contact the owner directly.
However in case the owner does not respond? Will the drone always stay stuck? I find it makes little sense to you too

Out of privacy protection, we cannot provide the information of the original owner. Please rest assured that our support team is following up on your case. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.
2023-1-23
Use props
marcocappelli
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-23 01:29
Out of privacy protection, we cannot provide the information of the original owner. Please rest assured that our support team is following up on your case. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.

Of course Mindy and thank you for your quick reply, unfortunately I lost a work for that reason... I'm waiting
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

marcocappelli Posted at 1-23 01:32
Of course Mindy and thank you for your quick reply, unfortunately I lost a work for that reason... I'm waiting

We understand your concerns. We will ask our team to process it and reply to you asap.
2023-1-23
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
United Kingdom

This is an interesting case and I almost had the same issue but went for a brand new drone. It's understandable that DJI must not share any private data with other users. However, would it make sense for DJI then to contact the old owner of the drone and ask them to unbound the drone/RC. In this case, GDPR is honored and the new customer is ready to fully use the purchased second-hand drone.
2023-1-24
Use props
marcocappelli
lvl.1
Italy

Drone Buddy Posted at 1-24 01:42
This is an interesting case and I almost had the same issue but went for a brand new drone. It's understandable that DJI must not share any private data with other users. However, would it make sense for DJI then to contact the old owner of the drone and ask them to unbound the drone/RC. In this case, GDPR is honored and the new customer is ready to fully use the purchased second-hand drone.

but in fact dji does this, in my case everything went right thanks to the shop that knew the old owner.
but you can only see the account email by connecting the rc to the drone, what privacy is it?
2023-1-24
Use props
Carl V Gerace
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue, I connate believe they cannot unbound this terrible policy!!
2023-2-10
Use props
Carl V Gerace
lvl.1
United States

marcocappelli Posted at 1-23 00:47
I understand that there are privacy rules that do not depend on you, but I don't understand what problem there could be in making the email address visible on the dji fly app. This way I could contact the owner directly.

Horrible Policy
2023-2-10
Use props
Carl V Gerace
lvl.1
United States

It is a horrible policy, I have the original reciept
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Carl V Gerace Posted at 2-10 09:44
It is a horrible policy, I have the original reciept

Hello, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. May we know if you bought a used or second-hand drone?
If so, you are advised to contact the original owner to unbind the account.
May we know if the original receipt is provided by the seller?  
2023-2-10
Use props
willianescobar07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3023153 ft
  • >>>
Paraguay

hi, I have a similar problem, I bought a used drone from a store and it is linked to the previous owner, the store is trying to contact the previous owner but no response, dji support could contact the previous owner to unlink his account? Sorry for my English, I'm using a translator.
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

willianescobar07 Posted at 3-8 08:39
hi, I have a similar problem, I bought a used drone from a store and it is linked to the previous owner, the store is trying to contact the previous owner but no response, dji support could contact the previous owner to unlink his account? Sorry for my English, I'm using a translator.

Hello, there. Sorry to hear that.
If the store can not contact the original owner, you can contact our support.
https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
We will try to contact the original owner instead.
2023-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules