Phantom 2 I'm unable to calibrate the compass or power up the drone
866 7 2015-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rlgmedia
New
United States

I have a phantom 2 ,new out of the box.  After a few flights... suddenly I was not able to callbrate the compass.    I was advised to do a firmware upgrade, and did so, succesfully.   I recalibrated the RC unit and the light is solid green.    The drone powers up as normal, and sits there with blinking yellow lights.    I proceed to flip the S2 switch 5-10 times and the lights do not change to solid yellow indicating that it's ready for the first step in the calibration.    All batteries are fully charged, and all connections are solid.   One thing I did note is that the reset button on the drone is solid red.  I did try to re - pair the two devices.  The reset button flashes as indicated by the wiki directions.  However, it stops blinking and remains solid red.   Should I start over from scratch and perform a hard reset?    What am I missing here?   

2015-8-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Did you try varying the speed at which you are flipping the switch. It can be finicky like that sometimes.
2015-8-19
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I would recommend starting over. Plug back to the assistant and re-donthencalibrations for the IMU, the remote and then the compass again. You may have to re do the firmware upgrade first as that is the indication for the start of the problem. Sounds like something did finish all the way. Do the upgrades again and the the calibrations and you should see the error go away.
2015-8-20
Use props
LonnieK
lvl.1

United States

You stated that you toggled the S2 switch. I believe you need to toggle the S1 switch, (the one on the right) to initiate a compass calibration. If you did indeed toggle the S1 switch please disregard this post.
2015-8-20
Use props
rlgmedia
New
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-20 09:53
Did you try varying the speed at which you are flipping the switch. It can be finicky like that some ...

I have ... but i will try again keeping that more in mind thank you for the heads up on that.
2015-8-20
Use props
rlgmedia
New
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-8-20 18:54
I would recommend starting over. Plug back to the assistant and re-donthencalibrations for the IMU,  ...

Will do I will let you know.
2015-8-20
Use props
rlgmedia
New
United States

LonnieK Posted at 2015-8-20 21:31
You stated that you toggled the S2 switch. I believe you need to toggle the S1 switch, (the one on t ...

Yes your right that was a typo ... however thank you its always the smallest detail right.
2015-8-20
Use props
rlgmedia
New
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-8-20 18:54
I would recommend starting over. Plug back to the assistant and re-donthencalibrations for the IMU,  ...

One more question... should i do a hard reset ... before loading that software again?   
2015-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules