Panoramic photos in RAW?
3721 7 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stipe66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 347047 ft

Spain

I shoot always in RAW format with my Air 2S drone but when I switch to panoramas I have only .JPG in my settings. How comes? Is there any special setting I forgot to see?
2023-2-23
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bottom right of the DJI Fly screen you should see the file format options. You will see that the option to save the panoramic shots as RAW is there. The stitched pano will be the JPGS.
2023-2-23
Use props
stipe66
lvl.1

Spain

I don't understand. If the stitched panos are .jpg files how can they be RAW then?
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stipe66 Posted at 2-23 01:44
I don't understand. If the stitched panos are .jpg files how can they be RAW then?

You can have a stitched pano in JPG and have it keep the individual shots in raw so you can stitch it manually later.
2023-2-23
Use props
stipe66
lvl.1

Spain

Ok,got it now. You have a final stitched panoramic file in.jpg while the RAWS are in the Panorama folder
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stipe66 Posted at 2-23 03:00
Ok,got it now. You have a final stitched panoramic file in.jpg while the RAWS are in the Panorama folder

Yes thats right.  Also if you click reply under the post you want to reply to they will get a notification that you replied.
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, stipe66. Thanks for reaching out. CloudVisual and DAFlys are correct. In addition, the stitched photo cannot be set to RAW currently, and the original photos can be set to either JPEG or Raw format, but not both (J + R).

Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-23
Use props
thatkeith
New

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-2-23 21:37
Hi, stipe66. Thanks for reaching out. CloudVisual and DAFlys are correct. In addition, the stitched photo cannot be set to RAW currently, and the original photos can be set to either JPEG or Raw format, but not both (J + R).
[view_image]
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

RAW image files are literally the 'raw' sensor data. They aren't strictly speaking image files in the sense we understand them; they have to be processed into image files. So a stitched image cannot be RAW as it's not pre-processed sensor data.
1-27 10:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules