DJI RS 3 Pro & Nikon Z6II
3167 10 2023-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

I was looking at the compatibility list for the Z6 II + DJI RS 3 Pro and noticed that there was no zoom control available: Zoom Control(Digital or Optical). Why is this and is there any way of getting around this at all?
Is there an option for a zoom motor kit?

Regards,
John.

2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, John. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RS 3 Pro & Nikon Z6II do not support camera zoom control by connecting the camera control cable because of the control logic of the camera control line. If you need to control the camera zoom, we recommend the DJI RS 3 Pro with the DJI RS Focus Motor (2022), which drives the lens zoom by controlling an external follow focus motor. More details on this link: (https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... uct_Information.pdf). Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-3-6
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for your prompt reply. Is this something that could be fixed by a future camera firmware update? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the focus control is already taken care of, so if I purchase the DJI Ronin RS 3 Pro Combo, I can use the motor supplied to control the zoom on the camera?

I purchased the Zhiyun-Tech Crane 3S PRO KIT a couple of weeks ago and I am sorry that I did, as Zhiyun support is dismal and I was comparing the features of both and realised that I had made a big mistake there as well. So I am selling the Zhiyun-Tech Crane 3S and I'll be purchasing the DJI RS 3 Pro when I have the money.

Regards,
John.
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AussieLand Posted at 3-6 13:28
Thanks for your prompt reply. Is this something that could be fixed by a future camera firmware update? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the focus control is already taken care of, so if I purchase the DJI Ronin RS 3 Pro Combo, I can use the motor supplied to control the zoom on the camera?

I purchased the Zhiyun-Tech Crane 3S PRO KIT a couple of weeks ago and I am sorry that I did, as Zhiyun support is dismal and I was comparing the features of both and realised that I had made a big mistake there as well. So I am selling the Zhiyun-Tech Crane 3S and I'll be purchasing the DJI RS 3 Pro when I have the money.

Hi, John. Good day! Let me verify this with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we received an update.
2023-3-16
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-16 20:37
Hi, John. Good day! Let me verify this with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we received an update.

G'day mate! if you really want to find out how we talk here, then this is it: g'day, I'm from Straya and I'm really very fuzzy wuzzy, but that's b'cause I'm from Straya, fair dinkum and true blue!.

Aye, I really appreciate what you're doin for me here! Thank you!

Regards,
John.
2023-3-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AussieLand Posted at 3-16 22:03
G'day mate! if you really want to find out how we talk here, then this is it: g'day, I'm from Straya and I'm really very fuzzy wuzzy, but that's b'cause I'm from Straya, fair dinkum and true blue!.

Aye, I really appreciate what you're doin for me here! Thank you!

Hi, John. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Details are as follows:
•  Due to the limitation of the camera function, there is no specific information about the support for the time being, if the DJI RS 3 PRO and Z6II cameras support the zoom function, we will update the compatibility list through the official website, please pay attention to the official website in the future.
• DJI RS 3 Pro can be paired with a follow focuser motor to achieve control of the camera lens zoom function.

Hope this helps. Have a good one!
2023-3-19
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-19 07:31
Hi, John. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Details are as follows:
•  Due to the limitation of the camera function, there is no specific information about the support for the time being, if the DJI RS 3 PRO and Z6II cameras support the zoom function, we will update the compatibility list through the official website, please pay attention to the official website in the future.
• DJI RS 3 Pro can be paired with a follow focuser motor to achieve control of the camera lens zoom function.

Thank you for your reply. I am keen to purchase the DJI RS 3 Pro Combo and I have one lined up at a good price.

Kind regards,
John.
2023-3-19
Use props
djiuser_vNNajpPEi3Ac
New
Belgium

Hi , can I install my Nikon Z6 II with its gripp on the RS3?
2023-3-20
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_vNNajpPEi3Ac Posted at 3-20 03:40
Hi , can I install my Nikon Z6 II with its gripp on the RS3?

??? What the?
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AussieLand Posted at 3-19 13:19
Thank you for your reply. I am keen to purchase the DJI RS 3 Pro Combo and I have one lined up at a good price.

Kind regards,

You're most welcome, John. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum.
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vNNajpPEi3Ac Posted at 3-20 03:40
Hi , can I install my Nikon Z6 II with its gripp on the RS3?

Hi, djiuser_vNNajpPEi3Ac. The DJI RS3 compatibility list is currently tested with the Nikon Z6 II camera body and lens together, not with the camera grip together, so the specific leveling use and the actual use may need to prevail. Nikon Z6 II camera with the camera grip, the height of the camera itself will increase, which may lead to the wrong installation of the DJI RS 3, and the following focuser motor can not be fixed to the lens zoom ring and to control the zoom function.
2023-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules