DJI Mini 3 Pro Waypoints as JPG images
1486 9 2023-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kaydunn.henry
lvl.1

Canada

Hi,
We are wanting to use the waypoint function to measure the greeness index at specific sites throughout the growing season but for this we need JPG images instead of MP4 files.

Is there a way that the M3P can output the hyperlapses directly into JPG images or must I convert all of the MP4 files into JPGs using a converter afterwards?

Also while I have been playing around with the waypoint function and after converting the MP4 files into JPGs I seem to get a few crystal clear images of the ground surface but the majority of the images are very blurry (I'm assuming it's caused by the drone moving forward as the next images are being snapped). Is there away I can decrease the amount of blurry images such as slower drone speeds? And if so, how would one accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for the help!
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you may save the original photos to either JPEG or RAW.

The storage path will be (SDcard/DCIM/HYPERLAPSE). And for optimal performance, use Hyperlapse at an altitude higher than 50 m and set a difference of at least two seconds between the interval time and shutter. Also, it is recommended to select a static subject (e.g., high-rise buildings, mountainous terrain) located at a safe distance from the aircraft (further than 15 m). Do not select a subject that is too near the aircraft. We hope this helps. Have a nice day!
2023-3-24
Use props
kaydunn.henry
lvl.1

Canada

Ok great thank you for the tips, I will give them a try.

Another question for you, is it possible to set and save multiple exact locations within the M3P so that I could tell the drone to fly to a specified site then manually capture an image?

Thanks again
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kaydunn.henry Posted at 3-28 08:19
Ok great thank you for the tips, I will give them a try.

Another question for you, is it possible to set and save multiple exact locations within the M3P so that I could tell the drone to fly to a specified site then manually capture an image?

You are most welcome. If you're referring to saving the Hyperlapse-Waypoint, then yes. There is no limit on the quantity of previous tasks you can save. You can see the tasks in the Task Library.

Please let us know if you need further clarification.
2023-3-28
Use props
StrangerFings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76010 ft
United States

DJI could just give us waypoints and everyone would be happy....
2023-3-30
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 973747 ft
  • >>>
Germany

StrangerFings Posted at 3-30 21:38
DJI could just give us waypoints and everyone would be happy....

Yes, see all the other threads where users are demanding that. Workarounds are not really a promising solution.
2023-3-30
Use props
kaydunn.henry
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 3-28 23:22
You are most welcome. If you're referring to saving the Hyperlapse-Waypoint, then yes. There is no limit on the quantity of previous tasks you can save. You can see the tasks in the Task Library.
[view_image]
Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Thanks again for the response.

I have been able to save hyperlapse-waypoint projects for repeated use but I am wondering if there is a similar function that navigates to selected sites but only captures a single still image instead of capturing many images between two selected sites such as hyperlapse-waypoint.

Thanks in advance!
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kaydunn.henry Posted at 3-31 12:12
Thanks again for the response.

I have been able to save hyperlapse-waypoint projects for repeated use but I am wondering if there is a similar function that navigates to selected sites but only captures a single still image instead of capturing many images between two selected sites such as hyperlapse-waypoint.

We're sorry, but this is currently not supported. But we'll have your feedback forwarded to our team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-1
Use props
georgerao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3222 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-3-24 22:31
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you may save the original photos to either JPEG or RAW.
[view_image]
The storage path will be (SDcard/DCIM/HYPERLAPSE). And for optimal performance, use Hyperlapse at an altitude higher than 50 m and set a difference of at least two seconds between the interval time and shutter. Also, it is recommended to select a static subject (e.g., high-rise buildings, mountainous terrain) located at a safe distance from the aircraft (further than 15 m). Do not select a subject that is too near the aircraft. We hope this helps. Have a nice day!

I just did a quick hyperlapse-waypoint flight. When I look at the sd card all i see is
DCIM-->100 media and no hyperlapse folder. I also get no JPEG images, just the video. What might I be doing wrong
6-17 09:35
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

georgerao Posted at 6-17 09:35
I just did a quick hyperlapse-waypoint flight. When I look at the sd card all i see is
DCIM-->100 media and no hyperlapse folder. I also get no JPEG images, just the video. What might I be doing wrong

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Kindly select the " Format " option that'll be available below on the DJI Fly App to choose whether to save the original photos and the saving format of the original photos. You'll have two option to select from whicha are JPEG and RAW.

If you're still having issues in saving the original photos of Hypeerlaps mode, kindly keep us posted by sharing any picture exmaple or video showing the error.

Looking forwad to your response. Thank you!
6-18 02:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules