RTMPS SUPPORT FOR LIVESTREAMING
8484 16 2023-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 828934 ft
United States

Right now, The DJI Drone Products only can livestream via RTMP protocol.
All sites are now switching over to RTMPS (just means secure) BUT it works the same way.

1. enter RTMPS address in Transmision livesteam settiings
2  enter forward slash and add the stream key.

Problem is only RTMP is NOT supported on the DJI FLY APP or DRONE (unless theres something I'm missing. feel free to emlighten me) and even youtube, (Facebook already switched to RTMPS ONLY), TWITCH, KICK (RTMPS ONLY)  is moving away from RTMP to RTMPS

Can we add RTMPS to the live stream feature in DJI Products? specifically the Air 2 S
RTMPS is very important for mobile streaming since people who stream on the go often use public internet networks. Public networks expose devices to other users who could hack them and create issues with security. That is why you need RTPMS to keep your stream secure.

Here is a little info for everyone, please feel free to comment and lets get this working!

https://www.dacast.com/blog/rtmps-streaming/#:~:text=your%20videos%20secure.-,RTMP%20vs.,stream%20with%20the%20secure%20alternative.

2023-3-31
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

RTMPS SUPPORT FOR LIVE STREAMING

Right now, The DJI Drone Products only can livestream via RTMP protocol.
All sites are now switching over to RTMPS (just means secure) BUT it works the same way.

1. enter RTMPS address in Transmision livesteam settiings
2  enter forward slash and add the stream key.

Problem is only RTMP is Supported on the DJI FLY APP or DRONE (unless theres something I'm missing. feel free to emlighten me) and even youtube, (Facebook already switched to RTMPS ONLY), TWITCH, KICK (RTMPS ONLY)  is moving away from RTMP to RTMPS

Can we add RTMPS to the live stream feature in DJI Products? specifically the Air 2 S

RTMPS is very important for mobile streaming since people who stream on the go often use public internet networks. Public networks expose devices to other users who could hack them and create issues with security. That is why you need RTPMS to keep your stream secure.

Here is a little info for everyone, please feel free to comment and lets get this working!

https://www.dacast.com/blog/rtmps-streaming/#:~:text=your%20videos%20secure.-,RTMP%20vs.,stream%20with%20the%20secure%20alternative.

Twitter
Facebook
[url=]Favorite[/url]
[url=]Like[/url]

2023-3-31
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24583553 ft
United States

I use restream.io to get around this.
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Robby Balboa. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60935 ft
United States

I used the stock Air 2s controller with my Samsung 22Ultra using Litchi and was able to live stream to Facebook FYI
2023-4-16
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3 Posted at 4-16 15:43
I used the stock Air 2s controller with my Samsung 22Ultra using Litchi and was able to live stream to Facebook FYI

So without a 3rd party app we cant stream to RTMPS? Litchi must be a 3rd party app?

2023-4-16
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

okay heres one solution until the devs add the protocol.

Prizm is a free app. you install prism from the play store
enter the stream url and the Key of the platform youd like to stream too.

then Click on Screen share instead of camera,
open the DJI app and when ever your ready to stream just hit go live and the DJI screen (on Phone held controllers) will live stream.

BUT we need this RTMPS protocol if we want to keep up with the Times and security.
2023-5-4
Use props
Pearson28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90184 ft
United States

I'm hopeful the just-released DJI Action Cam4 will support RTMPS as well. I can't use my ActionCam1 to stream baseball games over GameChanger, a very popular app for scoring/recording little league and high school baseball, for this very reason. Super disappointing, especially since GoPro has been doing this for years. Without RTMPS support, no reason for me to upgrade.

In short, please add RTMPS!
2023-8-2
Use props
djiuser_N27POzki08AU
lvl.1

United States

I confirmed with DJI support yesterday that the new Action 4 does not support RTMPS unfortunately.
2023-8-3
Use props
djiuser_50WevatI1fNA
New

United States

This is ridiculous. Is the company incompetent in firmware updates in regards to this isssue?
2023-8-11
Use props
Entilza
New

Canada

I just joined this forum to request this feature, I was about to buy this camera now I cannot..
2023-9-19
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

Entilza Posted at 9-19 07:02
I just joined this forum to request this feature, I was about to buy this camera now I cannot..

One Thing that works is Using Prism App.

Start the stream thru prism, then SCREEN SHARE and start your flight.

Confirmed working
2023-9-19
Use props
Entilza
New

Canada

Robby Balboa Posted at 9-19 07:09
One Thing that works is Using Prism App.

Start the stream thru prism, then SCREEN SHARE and start your flight.

I really need the RTMPS for "game changer" baseball sharing
2023-9-19
Use props
benank
New

United States

+1 to this feature request. SRT or RTMPS streaming would be amazing to have. RTMP streaming is outdated and shouldn't be used, and many platforms don't support it anymore.
2023-11-8
Use props
user8467521
New
Czechia

it's a shame that DJI doesn't support RTMPS
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_bulgPqMlnuIT
New

United States

Can anyone confirm that a firmware release can enable RTMPS on an Action 4? I recently purchased an Action 4 with the sole purpose for live streaming my son’s baseball games on GameChanger (shame on me for not thoroughly researching before purchasing). Now I’m stuck with a useless camera I cannot use because I opened the box and started setting the camera up so returning is not an option. Very frustrating!
2-3 06:08
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_bulgPqMlnuIT Posted at 2-3 06:08
Can anyone confirm that a firmware release can enable RTMPS on an Action 4? I recently purchased an Action 4 with the sole purpose for live streaming my son’s baseball games on GameChanger (shame on me for not thoroughly researching before purchasing). Now I’m stuck with a useless camera I cannot use because I opened the box and started setting the camera up so returning is not an option. Very frustrating!

Download Prism free app.

You can start streaming via rtmps in prism then click stream screen and it will live stream the screen instead of the camera aka the flights.

RTMPS should be a software upgrade its just a protocol
2-24 04:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules