12Next >
32500 42 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrilBroeder
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi,

just started exploring my DJI Mini 3 , but cannot find how to enable the tracking feature.

rgds

johnny

2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI Mini 3 does not support ActiveTrack or Focus Track. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-3
Use props
BrilBroeder
lvl.1
Belgium

Is there a way to still change to Dji Mini 3 Pro. Turn in Mini 3 + pay extra and get Pro ?
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BrilBroeder Posted at 4-4 00:01
Is there a way to still change to Dji Mini 3 Pro. Turn in Mini 3 + pay extra and get Pro ?

Hi, Johnny. May we confirm if the drone was purchased from a local store or the DJI Online Store? If from a local dealer, we recommend you check with them to see if it's possible. If it's from the store, please contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for confirmation. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-4-4
Use props
BrilBroeder
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI  online store
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for the confirmation. Kindly contact our Customer Support to confirm whether this program is available. Thank you.
2023-4-8
Use props
Paulo Madeira
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello

Also bought one not one month ago.
Specifically asked tracking for some footages needed for work and to take it on vacation, and was mislead.
Was only 200€ diffence .... and i did not ask for prices!

Well, Since the drone is very similar to pro version... maybe a firmware update will resolve this
Till then is sitting in his bag

Got honestly disappointed, but also my fault and a rush because of the vacation.... should have read more about it.
Still a great drone like all DJI

PS: Honestly never had a DJI Drone without Tracking (Follow me) ... quite a surprise!

Best Regards

Paulo Madeira
2023-7-26
Use props
Fozflies147
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23048 ft
United States

I will try and post a link to a vid for basic tracking when I get a free moment.  I remember seeing it a few days ago
2023-7-26
Use props
Fozflies147
lvl.2
United States

About 30 secs in, he explains the “tracking”

2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Paulo Madeira Posted at 7-26 08:21
Hello

Also bought one not one month ago.

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We don't have information yet about the next firmware update for the Mini 3 drone with regard to the availability of active track. However, it has Quickshots that can also be useful on some occasions. Thank you for your support and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
Fozflies147
lvl.2
United States

Sorry, first link I tried posting from the phone, it should be up now.
2023-7-27
Use props
Paulo Madeira
lvl.1

Portugal

Thank you for all the answers!
It's a good trick but not the same at all

Still was very helpfull and he flies again... a bit more at least!

2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Paulo Madeira Posted at 7-28 00:49
Thank you for all the answers!
It's a good trick but not the same at all

No problem. We are more than glad to assist you. Enjoy your Mini 3. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-29
Use props
asra yuda kusuma
New

Indonesia

Apakah dji mavic pro support vertikal true?
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

asra yuda kusuma Posted at 8-20 19:05
Apakah dji mavic pro support vertikal true?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. The Mavic Pro does have a Portrait mode. You can check the following link for the User Manual and check for more details: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20V2.0.pdf. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-21
Use props
James Karan
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-3 20:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI Mini 3 does not support ActiveTrack or Focus Track. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Can you add the active tracking to the mini 3 drone and let us be responsible for the lack of object avoidance ...I need the follow me ability as I would only use it in a clearing
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

James Karan Posted at 9-20 19:04
Can you add the active tracking to the mini 3 drone and let us be responsible for the lack of object avoidance ...I need the follow me ability as I would only use it in a clearing

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-9-20
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Fozflies147 Posted at 7-26 15:30
About 30 secs in, he explains the “tracking”

Thanks for posting this good video, in it were very helpful tips well explained
2023-9-21
Use props
Bricemb96
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46375 ft

United States

Yeah its a shame the old DJI Spark had active track, gesture control, and many other advanced capabilities but for a much newer and more expensive model DJI couldnt include any of that.
2023-11-10
Use props
djiuser_E2pUcENdLZ9E
New

Greece

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-10 03:33
"I didn't do my homework & bought a Ford Pinto instead of a Mustang.  I saved money choosing the cheaper option, but the Pinto does not include all the features of the Mustang.  I really need those missing features & it is shameful Ford didn't include them on the Pinto."

Your example is not quite accurate. I would tweak it a bit: “Before buying a car i didn’t exhaustively read all the brochures / web pages / reviews to confirm it has ABS!”. Active track was as common in drones (specially by DJI) that we considered it to be “standard”. The same as ABS is standard to all new cars, specially from Mercedes Benz. You wouldn’t even ask if your new Mercedes has ABS, would you?
Don’t be mean to others, try some empathy…
2023-11-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Another thread that has been derailed into cars/drones comparison...
2023-11-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-11 00:16
G'day Toot.  Always a pleasure to hear from the Community Crier.

Hey Earbashing how is it going? Found another car to make another of yours excellent comparisons?  

They are actually quite entertaining... Not sure that they have any bizzo with the thread, but hey...

Going to the Ford forum now to see if someone is talking about Mavic 3 Pro...
2023-11-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-11 05:00
I am not surprised that a wanker with the IQ of a cane toad fails to comprehend an analogy.  Odd how you constantly complain about being signed out of the Fly app while off in the bush for months at a time without internet, yet you show up every day without fail to grace us with more posts crying about DJI this or DJI that.  When exactly do you go on these extended walkabouts, Toot?  Why do you own a DJI product with your constant whimpering about how terrible they are?

Whatever forum you visit we can count on two things.  The subject matter will be over your head & you'll be crying.  Have fun in the Ford forum Toot...

It wasn't me that told the world about wanking...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=300590&pid=3166860

I know you are not the sharpest tool in the shed, but again, look at the title of the thread..

DJI Mini 3 tracking

It is not always about how cool you are looking in that gorgeous hat...

2023-11-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-11 13:06
The cane toad is already back from the Ford forum?  Try to follow along Toot...

Indeed the topic is "DJI Mini 3 tracking", which included requests for the feature to be added to a drone that lacks AutoTrack support.  That is precisely what is being discussed.  I realize how difficult it is for you to keep up with these complicated topics.  Like the one in your link where you are still pondering a definition for a simple thing like a product review.  

Come on, try harder...

No cars, no insulting, just try your hardest to stick to the topic, that is if you have anything relate to the topic to say... NO ABS, no toot, no Ford, no Mustang....

I'm sure one day, you will succeed...

PS..
As I work in a prison, believe me, your level of insulting, is barely noticeable...

Again, try to stick to the topic and post something intelligent like this one below...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =287911&pid=3094110

2023-11-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-12 07:33
As I work in a prison, believe me, your level of insulting, is barely noticeable...

I read about the plan to bus in sex workers for the inmates.  Congrats on the new gig.

Sounds like you are talking by experience....

Have you been someone bitch before, have you...
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_Ako60mZ7PibC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2023-11-10 03:33
"I didn't do my homework & bought a Ford Pinto instead of a Mustang.  I saved money choosing the cheaper option, but the Pinto does not include all the features of the Mustang.  I really need those missing features & it is shameful Ford didn't include them on the Pinto."

More like I bought a Ford Pinto CE instead of the Ford Pinto SE....

There's a lot of wrong info online, it's pretty easy to assume the Mini3 does object tracking considering all the older DJI drones did it after the phantom (AFAIK).

1-17 10:33
Use props
djiuser_oYWr3ib4UI6I
New

Uruguay

Why mini 3 doesnt support active tracking? And when i use quickshot got active tracking? Just give me an firmware update!!!
2-25 08:41
Use props
BattleAxe
New

Australia

i also just bought a mini 3 , my first drone and i was excited to try it all out and relized it doesnt have the tracking yet it will track when circling ect , so i dont fully understand why it cannot track. Could you guys at DJI plz give a time frame on when or if you are going to update the tracking feature on the mini 3 drone. Thanks
4-21 16:15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BattleAxe Posted at 4-21 16:15
i also just bought a mini 3 , my first drone and i was excited to try it all out and relized it doesnt have the tracking yet it will track when circling ect , so i dont fully understand why it cannot track. Could you guys at DJI plz give a time frame on when or if you are going to update the tracking feature on the mini 3 drone. Thanks

Hi, BattleAxe. We understand the importance of this request. Unfortunately, DJI has not announced any plans about the ActiveTrack support for the Mini 3. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for your patience.
4-21 22:43
Use props
Patricia5
New

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 22:43
Hi, BattleAxe. We understand the importance of this request. Unfortunately, DJI has not announced any plans about the ActiveTrack support for the Mini 3. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for your patience.

Is this update going to come soon or should or should I sell my new recently used drone???
5-12 10:09
Use props
נפתלי פריד
New

Israel

If someone could please explain this here, I would be very happy because I don't understand the video
5-13 02:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Patricia5 Posted at 5-12 10:09
Is this update going to come soon or should or should I sell my new recently used drone???

Hi there. DJI has not announced any plans yet about the requested feature however, we are actively submitting your feedback to the relevant team. Have a nice day.
5-13 03:16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

נפתלי פריד Posted at 5-13 02:59
If someone could please explain this here, I would be very happy because I don't understand the video

Hi there. The video demonstrates the "Circle" function as an alternative to tracking. If you walk away and do not face the aircraft, it will continue to follow you as its objective is to complete a full circle around you. However, it is not advisable as the Mini 3 does not have Obstacle Avoidance and may cause an accident. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
5-14 01:06
Use props
djiuser_aQTUsMVBN2nQ
New

Greece

PLEASE add active tracking on Dji Mini 3.
Such a great drone and still missing this ESSENTIAL feature, it already has this technology inside the quick shots, however, we cannot use it alone as active track.
Thank you!!!!
5-17 13:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_aQTUsMVBN2nQ Posted at 5-17 13:21
PLEASE add active tracking on Dji Mini 3.
Such a great drone and still missing this ESSENTIAL feature, it already has this technology inside the quick shots, however, we cannot use it alone as active track.
Thank you!!!!

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. I will submit this to the relevant team right away. We appreciate your valued support and understanding.
5-17 21:48
Use props
djiuser_tFu0SU6pQogZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84088 ft

Indonesia

Is there any good news about active tracking on the DJI Mini 3 update? I have been waiting for that. Please consider adding that mode to the DJI Mini 3.
5-23 03:15
Use props
djiuser_I7XysBMsFLfp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48376 ft

Bulgaria

djiuser_tFu0SU6pQogZ Posted at 5-23 03:15
Is there any good news about active tracking on the DJI Mini 3 update? I have been waiting for that. Please consider adding that mode to the DJI Mini 3.

Don't expect much. They won't implement it. Also like sharpness settings, different color profile D-cinelike like mini 3 pro and many others. It's just that apparently that's their instructions... they'll look into it, notify the developers, etc. but so far there is NOT ONE thing they have improved after querying the forum. At least as far as this model is concerned, which is clearly not attractive for development.
5-23 03:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_tFu0SU6pQogZ Posted at 5-23 03:15
Is there any good news about active tracking on the DJI Mini 3 update? I have been waiting for that. Please consider adding that mode to the DJI Mini 3.

Hi there. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
5-23 21:14
Use props
djiuser_I7XysBMsFLfp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48376 ft

Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-23 21:14
Hi there. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.

Hi DJI. Please show me ONE (no more) request discussed in forum that you implement in dji mini 3. There isn’t one. Every request is considered, every effort is made and finally it is not activated to the drone. I’m talking about exactly for dji mini 3. The purpose of the user feedback forum is pointless
5-23 21:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_I7XysBMsFLfp Posted at 5-23 21:33
Hi DJI. Please show me ONE (no more) request discussed in forum that you implement in dji mini 3. There isn’t one. Every request is considered, every effort is made and finally it is not activated to the drone. I’m talking about exactly for dji mini 3. The purpose of the user feedback forum is pointless

Hello. We apologize if we can only do so much. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. Thank you for your understanding.
5-25 21:04
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules