Mavic 3 Classic not connecting to RC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fzs5m3VOoABS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939455 ft
British Virgin Islands

Good Morning All,

I would really appreciate some help understanding what I am doing wrong.. Just bought the Mavic 3 Classic (M3C) with the RC Controller - Grey controller with built in screen.

When I was first turning things on - loggin in, updating firmware etc, I saw that the controller connected to the drone and there was a live camera feed. I changed the battery and tried to connect the controller and M3C and nothing was working. When I was asked to put the drone into paring mode, I would click "Pair" and a little pop up would say "Ensure the aircraft is powered on and in paring mode". Which it was. What was strange is when I clicked 'Pair' it would do the classic faded grey button with a 1 minute count down. Not sure why. The controller's firmware is up to date. I have downloaded the assistant and downgraded to both previous updates and both of those don't work either. I am currently doing another downgrade and seeing what happens.. Again..

I used an older controller for my Air 2S to connect to the M3C and that worked. I was able to get the drone up and was wondful. What a quiet drone! Also shows that it is a controller issue, not drone. I am currently doing an aircraft update using the old controller and seeing if that might help the connection between the M3C and the new controller.

On the new controller I have done hard reset, factory reset, left it overnight, all batteries 100% both drone and controller.

I am not sure what else to do... I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you.
2023-4-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Try reading the manual
2023-4-6
Use props
djiuser_fzs5m3VOoABS
lvl.2
British Virgin Islands

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-6 07:34
Try reading the manual

Done everything + more to try connect. Attempted connecting the Air 2S which doesn't work either.
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_fzs5m3VOoABS. Thank you for reaching out. Have you updated the firmware of the DJI RC? If yes, please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI RC using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), here's the download link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-3-classic). Once done, please try to pair it again with your drones by following the steps in the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-7
Use props
islandfilms
lvl.2
British Virgin Islands

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-7 02:22
Hi, djiuser_fzs5m3VOoABS. Thank you for reaching out. Have you updated the firmware of the DJI RC? If yes, please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI RC using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), here's the download link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-3-classic). Once done, please try to pair it again with your drones by following the steps in the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
[view_image]

Good Morning,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I have already updated the firmware within the RC. I have also refreshed the firmware yesterday within the RC using DJI Assistant 2 yet nothing worked.

I now understand that the controller and drone are already linked when bought as combo, whats the process in re-linking them?

Many thanks.
2023-4-7
Use props
islandfilms
lvl.2
British Virgin Islands

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-7 02:22
Hi, djiuser_fzs5m3VOoABS. Thank you for reaching out. Have you updated the firmware of the DJI RC? If yes, please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI RC using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), here's the download link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-3-classic). Once done, please try to pair it again with your drones by following the steps in the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
[view_image]

On remote in camera view and when I press 'Re-pair to Aircraft (link)' and press the power button on the drone within 3 seconds a notification comes up saying "linking Failed". Would there be a reason to this?
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

islandfilms Posted at 4-7 02:31
On remote in camera view and when I press 'Re-pair to Aircraft (link)' and press the power button on the drone within 3 seconds a notification comes up saying "linking Failed". Would there be a reason to this?

Hi, islandfilms. Relinking the drone and RC has the same process in the image I posted above. Can you please provide us a video of the operation as well as their firmware versions for further checking? We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2023-4-8
Use props
gloch
lvl.2
United States

I have the same problem. My 3 Classic won't pair with the RC remote. All firmware is current.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

gloch Posted at 4-19 20:07
I have the same problem. My 3 Classic won't pair with the RC remote. All firmware is current.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific remote controller are you using? Did you try to refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 software and try again to see if the issue persists? I will post a tutorial video on how to properly link the DJI Mavic 3 aircraft and it is more likely the same with the DJI Mavic 3 Classic. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-4-25
Use props
islandfilms
lvl.2
British Virgin Islands

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-8 21:02
Hi, islandfilms. Relinking the drone and RC has the same process in the image I posted above. Can you please provide us a video of the operation as well as their firmware versions for further checking? We will wait for your update. Thank you.

Apologies. Since writing this post, I lost the 3 Classic at sea (controller connection issues) but was fortunately under warranty. Sent back controller for repair / renewal.
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

islandfilms Posted at 5-24 08:48
Apologies. Since writing this post, I lost the 3 Classic at sea (controller connection issues) but was fortunately under warranty. Sent back controller for repair / renewal.

Hi, islandfilms. No worries and thank you for the update. It is sad to know about what happened. If there's anything else that we can help you with technical concerns, please let us know.
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_wREJDAsh9ipS
New
Australia

4-12 03:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules