Replacing the motors and/or ESC
2157 2 2015-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpectreGunner
New

United States

I removed my prop guards and reinstalled the "longer" screws and now three out of the four motors will only turn at a slow speed. After reading about this problem on several websites, I believe this problem was caused by using the longer screws (that came with the prop guards) and damaged the motors and/or the ESCs if this is the problem.

Therefore, I have the following questions replacing:
1.        Do I need to install the original type motor and if so what are the part numbers for CW and CCW? I think it’s #2212 but not sure.
2.        Can I install an upgraded motor? I think it’s #2312.
3.        Do I need to replace the ESC for each motor and if so what part number?
4.        Should I wait and see if the replacement motors solves my problems before replacing the ESC ?
5.        If I can upgrade the motors, can I upgrade this model to equal a version 3 and will I get it’s features?

Specifications:
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ "V1.0" Quadcopter with FPV HD Video Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal Bundle with Extra Battery
Model No. PV331
ESC: wm 301 bldc v2
ASIN: B00JLTO9OO

I updated the firmware (FW) to the following:
Main Controller - FW: 3.14
Receiver-5.8G - FW: 1.0.1.3
P330CB - FW: 1.0.2.10
Zen - FW: 1.0.0.6

PS I emailed DJI Tech Support 5 days ago and haven't heard back from them.
2015-8-23
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

If you removed the prop guards and reinstalled the longer screw then the motors are toast and will have to be replaced. The version 2 motors are 2212's and the version 3 uses the 2312 motors. You can  change to the upgraded motors but they need the V2.1 ESC motor controllers. Hope this helps. Good luck !
2015-8-24
Use props
SpectreGunner
New

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-8-24 17:38
If you removed the prop guards and reinstalled the longer screw then the motors are toast and will h ...

Thank you Roy. I'll upgrade with the new motors and ESC. Do you know what part numbers I need?
2015-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules