Camera problems
1140 6 2015-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
renaude
New

Canada

Hi guys,
Our school bought a Phantom Vision 2 Plus last year.  We had a small crash with it last fall and the camera wasn't working anymore (it was moving all over the place on startup and had a sliced ribbon cable).

I finally purchased some new ribbon cables and replaced them last week without any problems.  On startup, everything seems finem orange to green light on the camera, flashing yellow lights on drone (switches to green upon compass calibration).  The only problem I'm having right now is connecting to the camera from the DJI Vision app.  I can connect to the wifi with no problem from the iphone but when I open the app, it says please connect to wifi.  I've tried to rebind the camera through the phone but everytime the pairing fails (I can't get a pic of the QR code since the iPhone won't let the app use the camera so I've entered the MAC address manually and it still won't work).  I've watched many videos and read lots of posts but can't figure out the problem.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
2015-8-24
Use props
1999fxd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Try checking the top of the camera and making sure all wires properly plugged all the way in , or u may also need to check for proper connection into the wifi module itself
Cheers hope this helps ya
2015-8-24
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Don't want to ask this stupid question but I must. Since last fall have you charged up the wifi extender. And if you go to the wifi on the phone do you see the SID " Phantom_xxxxx" in the available wifi connections?
2015-8-25
Use props
renaude
New

Canada

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-8-25 16:55
Don't want to ask this stupid question but I must. Since last fall have you charged up the wifi exte ...

Where exactly is the wifi module?

I have not recharged the wifi extender but I do see and can connect to the SSID on my phone.
2015-8-25
Use props
renaude
New

Canada

renaude@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-25 23:45
Where exactly is the wifi module?

I have not recharged the wifi extender but I do see and can con ...

Update:  Charged the wifi extender but still no luck.
2015-8-25
Use props
renaude
New

Canada

Another update...  I installed the DJI Vision app on my iPad to see if it would work.  When I open the app it says that's it connected to the Phantom_xxxxx with a green light as opposed to saying connect to wifi on my iPhone.  I was hopeful it would work but when I press the camera button in the app, it still says unable to connect to camera.
2015-8-25
Use props
renaude
New

Canada

Another update... Used my old iphone 4 and was able to rebind no problems.  I'm wondering if it was due to an ios9 upgrade on my 5s.  Anyways, I get a live picture from the app but there is a message in the foreground saying Gimbal Motor Error, check for obstructions.  The tilt functions on the app won't work and when I touch the camera a bit and start moving the drone around, the camera makes a noise.  Is it simple as a ribbon cable not connected right or something else?
2015-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules