Pairing mini 3pro and motion 2
5867 19 2023-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

I need some help. I have a mini3 Pro ,goggles 2 , motion  controller 2.  They all have been updated. I have been able to connect the motion controller to to my DJI goggles.(I think!! - no way to check?) and  my goggles to the mini3 Pro. But I cannot connect the motion controller to  my  Mini3 Pro. The mini three pro by the way does not beep at any point. What it does when I press and hold the button is one of the motors jerks, and I think that means that it’s in pairing mode. When I press and hold the power button on my motion, controller  2  it starts to beep, and the lights on the mini3 Pro start running in sequence . Eventually, the controller, stops beeping, and the lights go steady on the drone however, it will not respond to the motion controller 2 in anyway. What am I doing wrong?  
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cloudsuck. Thank you for reaching out. When using for the first time, make sure that the aircraft/Goggles/DJI RC motion 2/DJI Fly app are all updated to the latest version:
DJI Mini 3 Pro - V01.00.06.00 and above version
DJI Goggles 2 - V01.06.0000 and above version
DJI RC Motion 2 - V01.01.00.00 and above version

Please check whether the linking operation is correct. Operation steps:
1. Power on the aircraft, the goggles, and DJI RC Motion 2 separately. Press the Power Button once, and then press and hold the button for two seconds to power on or off the device.
2. Press the Link Button of the goggles, and the goggles send out short beeps.
3. Press and hold the Power Button of the aircraft until the Battery Level LEDs blink in a cycle.
4. After linking is successful, the Battery Level LEDs of the aircraft are solid on, the goggles stop beeping, and the image transmission screen is displayed.
5. Press and hold the Power Button of the aircraft until the Battery Level LEDs blink in a cycle.
6. Press and hold the Power Button of DJI RC Motion 2 until it beeps and the Battery Level LEDs blink in a cycle.
7. After linking is successful, the Battery Level LEDs of both aircraft and DJI RC Motion 2 are solid, indicating the battery level, and DJI RC Motion 2 stops beeping.

There are two important points that need to pay attention to during the linking operation:
1) When linking different aircraft, you need to switch to the corresponding aircraft model in the goggles first:

2) The order of the linking process must be to link the aircraft with the goggles first and then link the aircraft with the DJI RC Motion 2.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-6-13
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-13 19:03
Hi, Cloudsuck. Thank you for reaching out. When using for the first time, make sure that the aircraft/Goggles/DJI RC motion 2/DJI Fly app are all updated to the latest version:

I think that is exactly what I did but I’ll try again.  Be back.  JohnGood directions.  
1. All three rechecked on Assistant 2   And all are updated
2.  Turned all on
3. Goggles are bound nicely--visual from mini
4. Press and hold mini power till lights roll in sequnce
5. Pressed and held motion 2 beeping and lights flashing
6. Some seconds later beeping stoped and all lights went steady  looks good!
7. Tried with double press to start motors and nothing
8. Shut mini and motion 2 down and started again
9. Tried double click and still no motors.
2023-6-14
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

See above edited message for update on problem.
2023-6-14
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

Ok. I've found the problem.   Binding the  motion controller two to the mini and Avata both seem to be successful. All the lights look good. My problem it turns out is that I cannot bind it to the goggles two-- I press all the buttons and the beeping occurs with the light sequence on the motion controller two,  but they just sit there pretty much indefinitely beeping at each other, and don’t hook up. How could I do that. Thank you.
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_r4Fn2F0u8z7s
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cloudsuck@gmavt.net Posted at 6-14 05:43
See above edited message for update on problem.

Hi Coudsuc I am having exactly the same problem as you but my controller the first version,I bought together as a combo with the Avata and goggles 2 I had no problem with the controller connecting to the Avata just want to try the controller with my mini 3 pro but same as you it doesn’t want to connect all the software is up to date followed all the instructions to the letter but no joy hope somebody has a answer to our problems
2023-6-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_r4Fn2F0u8z7s Posted at 6-14 06:31
Hi Coudsuc I am having exactly the same problem as you but my controller the first version,I bought together as a combo with the Avata and goggles 2 I had no problem with the controller connecting to the Avata just want to try the controller with my mini 3 pro but same as you it doesn’t want to connect all the software is up to date followed all the instructions to the letter but no joy hope somebody has a answer to our problems

unfortunately i don't think the original mc and the mini3pro are compatible.

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-motion-controller
2023-6-14
Use props
greystoke.eng
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2158192 ft
United States

I just went through this process a couple of weeks ago. It turned out the first set I got was the Goggles 2 and apparently Motion Controller (version 1). I returned that set and got a set with the new controller version 2 (it is the one with he extension on the trigger). DJI really needs to work on its naming conventions, waaaaay too much confusion. Even by upgrading, the binding and pairing operations are finicky. You need to ensure that the original controller, the RC or RC-N1 is unpaired in the DJI Fly app and that DJI's overlord software that monitors binding agrees. Then press the button inside the goggles and it starts its bleating, press the one on the aircraft and it does its squak. They need to be close, like under a meter. When they bind press the button on the controller and goggles and it will eventually bind as well.

This is my memory of having done it successfully, after innumerable tries. Really, I think I went through the procedure more that a dozen times before it worked. It is a very poorly implemented bit of software and the instructions leave a whole lot to be desired.

Now here is the real hurt: You have to leave your phone attached to the goggles to make it work. Something they cleverly leave out of any and all the instructions.  Why, the goggles and Mini 3 Pro controller combo alone cannot generate a position for the Remote ID. Many say you can detach the phone once you take off. An operation, that when wearing the goggles and flying the aircraft with the controller, which responds to the slightest movement, requires more limbs than I personally have. Once you do detach the USB-C cable going to your phone, you get a large yellow banner in your goggle that Remote ID is malfunctioning. Yes you can still fly, with this obscuring part of the screen. NO the phone will not bluetooth the position, only via hard wire hookup. So to make it really work you need to have a cable running along the side of your head in addition to the battery cable.
2023-6-14
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

The original MC is not compatible with the new mini update. Have to use the #2.  I found my problem. I can connect to both the mini three pro and the Avata with the motion controller 2,  What is holding me up I think is the fact that I cannot blind it to the goggles 2 . They just sit there and be beep each other forever. I’m waiting for someone to have an answer. You are sure that you have been able to bind to your goggles, right?   John
2023-6-14
Use props
greystoke.eng
lvl.4
United States

Cloudsuck@gmavt.net Posted at 6-14 07:30
The original MC is not compatible with the new mini update. Have to use the #2.  I found my problem. I can connect to both the mini three pro and the Avata with the motion controller 2,  What is holding me up I think is the fact that I cannot blind it to the goggles 2 . They just sit there and be beep each other forever. I’m waiting for someone to have an answer. You are sure that you have been able to bind to your goggles, right?   John

Yes I did bind the two, Mini 3 Pro and the goggles. You needed to un-bind the goggles from anything else. Yes every time you change controllers for the aircraft, you need to re-bind. Same goes for the goggles. Also, do the software updates by hooking each item up to the DJI Assistant (consumer edition) and do the firmware updates by direct connection. It seemed that the setup procedure would endlessly go through firmware updates between the three unless I did it this way.

Yes it is very confusing and VERY poorly implemented. Unbind everything, rebind during the procedures. And if you want to use your Mini 3 Pro again with the RC controller you need to un-bind and re-bind with the RC controller, and then do this dance again with the Goggles 2, Motion 2 controller to get that set up working again.

It is fun to fly once it works together. Do this in a large open area at first, since you cannot see any obstacles wearing the goggle that are not in front of you. So I now tend to push the goggle up my forehead to see the craft take off and land. Its home point ID is not, at least for me, accurate enough to put it back on what it thinks is the pad. If you don't leave the goggle on your forehead it detaches and goes to sleep, not thinking there is a face there. You also need many pockets to now keep your phone hooked up in addition to the battery.

I hope this works for you. I should have written this all down step by step, since I need to do it again soon. I needed to go back to the RC controller for a bit to do some stuff with the craft not appropriate with the goggles on.

I got this combo to do inspections on rock walls with more visual detail than I could see on the controller. I am a geologist and we like to stare at rocks. So this combo makes doing that theoretically easier. I am getting too old to rock climb up to check out every contact and binoculars are kind of cheesy. I just need to develop more precision in the flying to accomplish this.
2023-6-14
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

Thanks!  Just not sure how to unbind everything?.?   John
I can fly my completely updated mini, three pro and the controller. (The two stick guy )  without any cell phone attached right now. I wonder why I would need a cell phone attached if I simply start using the motion controller 2 ?
2023-6-14
Use props
greystoke.eng
lvl.4
United States

I'll be honest, I have no frigging idea why the phone has to be attached, just does for Remote ID. If you disconnect it prior to take-off it will not let you take off. If you disconnect it afterwards, it gives you a remote id failure banner on the bottom of the display. So I have the power cord and the phone USB C cord wrapped together with some velcro cord ties in a couple of places.  If you go to your profile and look at device profiles, this is where some of the magic unbinding takes place. Yes and while I thought I had my Mini 3 Pro and everything completely firmware updated, apparently it never toggled the update completed and installed whatever in software related to the Motion Controller. Only hooking up all three devices to the computer running DJI Assistant (Consumer Edition) did the trick. Don't ask why, just did. Did I mention, this is some of the most poorly implemented software I have seen in quite a while? Just saying. Don't give up, it took me two weeks to get it all straightened out. I was not really impressed with DJI's staff in helping out either. They would always promise to get back but never did. They seemed to be reading or copying and pasting the manual into their response. Apparently your can, according to web legend, still use your RC controller with the goggles. Have not tried that route, but I did ask the very polite person on the chat line of DJI if you could. She promised to "Ask the Factory," and get back to me. Never heard back.
2023-6-14
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. I'll keep at it!  Good info.  John
2023-6-14
Use props
greystoke.eng
lvl.4
United States

I did find this today. I was looking about in reference to Head Tracking and found this, its YouTube, but it does go through the steps:
Setting up the Mini 3 Pro with the goggles & motion controller

I also found a YouTube about using the RC or RC-N1 with the goggles 2:
Goggles & RC Controller
2023-6-14
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

Talking to the service department at DJI indicates that probably I have a bad motion. Controller too. At least that’s my take on it. I’m sending a whole bunch back to them. John.
2023-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Cloudsuck@gmavt.net Posted at 6-15 03:15
Talking to the service department at DJI indicates that probably I have a bad motion. Controller too. At least that’s my take on it. I’m sending a whole bunch back to them. John.

Hi, Cloudsuck. Thank you for the update and we're sorry that you have to send them in. Should you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.
2023-6-20
Use props
LuckyBastd
New
Flight distance : 77336 ft
United States

It seems to be just poor programing. Same issue I have, and many others have it also. No Fix offered I can find.
2023-8-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cloudsuck@gmavt.net Posted at 6-14 09:47
Thanks!  Just not sure how to unbind everything?.?   John
I can fly my completely updated mini, three pro and the controller. (The two stick guy )  without any cell phone attached right now. I wonder why I would need a cell phone attached if I simply start using the motion controller 2 ?

when you fly with your mini 3 pro, you do not need to attach a mobile phone.

there is no such thing as "unbinding."  simply connect or switch your equipment from one device to another when you are ready to use it; you don't have to first "undo" it.
2023-8-16
Use props
GSReinke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68074 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Fly App asks to “unbind” if you are switching from RC controller to Motion Controller 2
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_7dcRVHobs6PK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140984 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-6-13 19:03

Good day DJI Gamora,
I had seen this post and it is several months later however I am in the same situation.  
I have now the Goggles 2, MC2 and Mini 3 Pro.  No matter, what I do, I can not get them to work together.
I can not get the Goggles to the Settings area.
I power them on; I am prompted to select a language, adjust the eye pieces and press the button for linking  
I can NOT get past Step 4.  I will walk away for a few minutes and I see in the Goggles the same image; press button for linking.  I can not get to the image display.  Unless (?) the linking takes longer??

If I power all of them off, to try again, the Goggles prompt me again to select a language, adjust the eyes, etc.
I have done this at least 10 times as well.  

I am stumped as to, how to get the camera feed from the drone to the Goggles.

I would be oh so grateful for help.

Thank you

MT Hudson
5-31 08:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules