DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus CMOS sensor error
2044 2 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HerkMan
New

United States

Hey all.  I've scoured the forum, youtube, and the internet in general so I'm not too hopeful on being able to resolve this but here goes.

I recently replaced the ribbon cable on the camera and gimbal on my P2V+.  After replacing the cable I powered up and I'm getting "Slow Blink" on the camera LED (0.2s on, 1.8s off) which indicates a CMOS Sensor Error.  

I've tried to update the camera firmware by loading the "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" file onto a clean SD card (renamed as "firmware_plus.bin") and this hasn't done anything.  When I power up the Phantom with the SD card in the camera I just continue to get the CMOS Sensor Error and when I check the file on the SD card it has not changed to the ...bak00 extension like it should if the firmware loads.

The only thing I haven't done is the hard reset of the Phantom itself by jumping the lower F1 and F2 pins on the controller inside.  But I'm not sure that is really what is needed given the problem I'm experiencing.

I have the current firmware loaded in the Phantom using the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.8.
The P2V+ flies just fine, with or without the camera on it.  But the camera will not link up with my iPhone.

Any ideas?
2015-8-27
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Don't think the issue is with the quad but with the ribbon cable. Double check each eonnection unde the flat lockdown connectors. The. Check the three connectors from the quad to the gimbel. Make sure they are in and tight and no pins are loose. To test you can disconnect the three gimbel plugs and see if the quad comes up without the error and all systems go other than the telemetry data and camera not working. If all is good you know then the proble is with the camera.
2015-8-27
Use props
HerkMan
New

United States

I went back through all of the ribbon cable connections before I posted.  Made sure the ends were inserted fully.  I think that is good.  

I'm trying to understand the troubleshooting you are recommending.  I took the camera off of the Phantom and flew it.  Worked just fine.  I just flew it manually.  Can it be synced up with my phone without the camera functioning?

Can you describe the second part of what you are recommending in a little more detail?

Thanks.
2015-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules