1508 7 2023-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SweetwaterPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1016453 ft
United States

Hello!

This is my first time using the forum, I tried searching for a solution, my apologies if this has been answered already.

I hope someone knows how to fix this?

My Mavic 3 will neither focus on the 1x camera, nor let me control the aperture.  In pro mode it shows f2.9 as the aperture, and I'm unable to change it to anything else.  Focusing on the main (1x) camera won't work.  It shows the portrait icon, but switching to auto focus fails after a second.

Strangely, the DJI Fly app is showing the camera options as 7x or 273x. (screenshot attached)

Aircraft firmware is 01.00.1100
RC Firmware is 04.13.0900
App verison is 1.10.1

I've reinstalled the app and updated firmware.

The 7x camera works fine and focuses normally.

This happened once a couple weeks ago, and was fixed by doing a firmware update.  This time that hasnt worked.

I'd really appreciate whatever suggestions anyone might have.  I'm a real estate photographer and I use this drone every day.

Thanks in advance!
IMG_82F1A9EC9E51-1.jpg
2023-6-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow. 273X? That cant be good. Some kind of firmware glitch? Or maybe you accidentally got the military version ;-) Just kidding.
My advice for your business: Use a cheaper drone like A2s. Just as capable as any M3 and less risky... and quieter.

2023-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's definitely not normal.
All I can think of would be to reset the drone to factory defaults to see if that fixes things.
Failing that, it probably has to go back.
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SweetwaterPhoto. Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried resetting the camera parameters? If not, please try it, the location is on the image below:

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-20
Use props
SweetwaterPhoto
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-20 21:44
Hi, SweetwaterPhoto. Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried resetting the camera parameters? If not, please try it, the location is on the image below:
[view_image]
Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I've reset the camera, cleared settings, etc, and so far nothing.  I bought an M3 Pro in the meantime, and I'm hoping that it's a software/firmware issue that will clear up in an update and not something physically wrong.  I'll wait a month or two and keep checking for updates, otherwise she'll have to go in for repair.
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SweetwaterPhoto Posted at 6-21 16:27
I've reset the camera, cleared settings, etc, and so far nothing.  I bought an M3 Pro in the meantime, and I'm hoping that it's a software/firmware issue that will clear up in an update and not something physically wrong.  I'll wait a month or two and keep checking for updates, otherwise she'll have to go in for repair.

Hi, SweetwaterPhoto. Thank you for the update. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-6-28
Use props
Coombsy
lvl.1

Australia

Hi All, I am now having a similar issue since firmware upgrade and the drone obstacle detection did not seem to work ok. Has there been any results of this issue.
2023-10-17
Use props
SweetwaterPhoto
lvl.1
United States

Unfortunately I don't have a good resolution to share.  I needed to have a working drone within a couple days, so I bought the M3Pro.  

After that was squared away, I bought a camera module, thinking that there could be something wrong with the little tiny aperture motors, but a connector broke during the repair process.  I had to cut my losses.  I'm still not sure if there was a physical issue (debris that got inside the camera module blocking movement of the motors), a bad connection to the main board (maybe the connector was breaking before attempting the repair), or something software/firmware related.  
2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules