Altitude metadata picture is 0
386 3 2023-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LB-INVAR
New

Belgium

Hi

We do mapping, recently we switched software but something came up, somthing that the new software is being a bit of a pain in the ass with, the previous ones didn't make a big deal out of it.
I fly a mavic 2 pro (and have the issue) my collegue flies a mavic air 2s (is not having the issue).
If I fly with an mapping tool from my phone, it happens with no mather what application, the metadata of the pictures shows a correct X en Y coordinat but the Z (altitude is always zero). This on all the picture, flown at different days with different mapping applications. I need to have the 'exact' altitude (gps accuracy)
I've not yet been able to figure this out, thats why I ask my question. Thank you!

Kind regards LB
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. To meet higher positioning accuracy and altitude accuracy requirements for mapping, DJI has released the Phantom 4 RTK and Matrice RTK, which are more suitable for the surveying and mapping industry. The altitude precision of Consumer products is limited.
2023-6-21
Use props
LB-INVAR
New

Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-21 07:06
To meet higher positioning accuracy and altitude accuracy requirements for mapping, DJI has released the Phantom 4 RTK and Matrice RTK, which are more suitable for the surveying and mapping industry. The altitude precision of Consumer products is limited.

Hi we know, but its not about the drone its precision with or without RTK/gps its about the data attached to the photo taken by the drone.
It always is zero, I at least would like to have a reading of a estimation based on gps.
How can I fix this?
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LB-INVAR Posted at 6-21 07:10
Hi we know, but its not about the drone its precision with or without RTK/gps its about the data attached to the photo taken by the drone.
It always is zero, I at least would like to have a reading of a estimation based on gps.
How can I fix this?

Please make sure the GPS is good when taking the photo, if the photo still does not have GPS information, please provide us the original photos for further checking.
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules