Active Tracking not working properly on RS3 Pro
1521 6 2023-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

Ok, so I have set up my RS3 Pro with my Nikon Z6ii Camera. I have the combo version, so have managed to set up all 3 cables necessary. Camera control cable, RavenEye power cable and Camera HDMI cable to RavenEye to transmit pics to my mobile phone

Receiving pic ok on the phone, can use force mobile NP, but when I choose a bush in the backyard to draw a pic around for active tracking and I move the gimbal, it tracks ok for a while and then the gimbal just goes off on a tangent up in the sky. So I thought I will turn everything off for 10 min and turn it back on again. Same thing!

Am I missing something here?

Also, according to the DJI compatibility list, my camera (Nikon Z6ii) is supposed to be compatible with the RS3 Pro EXCEPT for the zoom function. Apparently you need to use a focus motor to control it (fortunately there is a focus motor in the kit, which I should not need for focus, so I can use for zoom). Problem is, I cannot get the gimbal (front) wheel to operate the focus on my camera. I have set the wheel for focus, but not working!

Any help would be most appreciated!

Cheers,
John.
2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please record a video of the issue for us? We will forward it to our engineers.
2023-6-25
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2334925 ft
United States

I believe when you go into the front when options you need to scroll all the way up to “focus motor”(or something like that) not just “focus”. I had the same issue but I was assigning to the wrong function. I have same setup, I don’t use active track though.
2023-6-25
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 6-25 11:47
I believe when you go into the front when options you need to scroll all the way up to “focus motor”(or something like that) not just “focus”. I had the same issue but I was assigning to the wrong function. I have same setup, I don’t use active track though.

Thanks for that, but I'm not using the focus motor, I'm just using the electronic focus through the camera usb cable.
2023-6-25
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-25 06:55
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please record a video of the issue for us? We will forward it to our engineers.

OK, so I just read that active track only works well for humans and vehicles. Is that correct?
2023-6-25
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2334925 ft
United States

Oh crap missed that. I thought you could only focus electronically with half button press of record button but I could be completely wrong.
2023-6-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AussieLand Posted at 6-25 19:53
OK, so I just read that active track only works well for humans and vehicles. Is that correct?

Thank you for your reply. The Active Track function can track other subjects as well.
Would you please tell us the lens you used (if used one) and the Follow speed you set?
Please also record a video for us so that we can recognize the issue better.
The subject should be as distinct as possible from the background so that the function can use it normally.
Did you encounter the same issue when tracking vehicles and humans?
2023-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules