Mini 3 Pro Vibration Problem
2513 12 2023-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanerY
lvl.1
Turkey

Hello everyone, first of all, I apologize for my English.

As seen in the sample videos, there is excessive vibration, rendering the captured footage unusable.

Generally, there is no noticeable vibration or shaking in drone or gimbal. However, I came up with the idea of examining it in slow motion, so I captured videos in that manner.https://youtube.com/shorts/Y_IuRKUKVIw

When viewed in slow motion, it is evident that the drone experiences excessive vibration, which is reflected in the video. After watching the footage, I realized that the issue is not with the gimbal but rather with the propellers. I noticed a balance problem with the left rear propeller and replaced the propellers.

After replacing the left rear propellers, the vibration decreased, and I started to capture slightly more usable videos. However, there is still a slight vibration present.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue before? Do I need to replace the left rear motor, perhaps?
2023-6-27
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

I dont know exact cause of such vibration but its generally recommended to change a set of propellers (4x2 each)
2023-6-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CanerY. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Are these cached videos or the original videos on the microSD card?
2023-6-27
Use props
CanerY
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-27 23:31
Hi, CanerY. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Are these cached videos or the original videos on the microSD card?

They are original videos on the microSD card. What do you mean by cached video? Are you referring to the device's internal storage?
2023-6-28
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see any "excessive vibration" from the drone itself. The camera's gimbal would smooth out the camera in those cases.
If there is anything, it is not causing those stutters in the video.
I would start by verifying that there is no dust, etc in the camera/gimbal causing the stuttering by moving the camera/gimbal slowly throughout its range of motion. Verify you have a good SD card with a fast enough write speed.
Has it ever been wrecked or had a hard landing?
DJI will always suggest you refresh the firmware using a computer and the assistant program so that is a good place to start, also.
Again, that stuttering is not from a propeller or motor...It is at the wrong frequency (speed of the stuttering vs the speed of the propeller) to be from the high-speed propeller. It looks like a camera feed or card write issue.
2023-6-28
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

CanerY Posted at 6-28 03:58
They are original videos on the microSD card. What do you mean by cached video? Are you referring to the device's internal storage?

"Cached video" is the term referring to the low-resolution/preview clip that is on the controller, not the full-resolution file that is on the SD card or uploaded to the controller/device through the album.
2023-6-28
Use props
CanerY
lvl.1
Turkey

jmb63 Posted at 6-28 04:47
I don't see any "excessive vibration" from the drone itself. The camera's gimbal would smooth out the camera in those cases.
If there is anything, it is not causing those stutters in the video.
I would start by verifying that there is no dust, etc in the camera/gimbal causing the stuttering by moving the camera/gimbal slowly throughout its range of motion. Verify you have a good SD card with a fast enough write speed.

A few months ago, I had an accident, but after the accident, I took several shots and didn't experience any vibration that way. I think it gradually emerged, but I'm not sure. The gimbal doesn't have any movement restrictions or similar issues; it can move smoothly in all directions. I took this video I'm sending you before changing the propellers. There's only vibration when flying, but I don't have any issues when I hold it in my hand.

After changing the rear left propellers in this video, there is still a very slight vibration remaining, but it's not significant. I think the reason might be that the metal part around the rear left motor is slightly bent, but it doesn't seem easily fixable without disassembling it.

2023-6-28
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28650751 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any abnormality around a motor shroud is going to cause you issues spinning at such high RPM's. Were the old props involved in the previous accident? Seems that the replacement made it a bit better.  
2023-6-28
Use props
jbvid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4698 ft
United Kingdom

On flight DSCF0347 @ 0.28 Seconds and when you start moving across it looks like the motor shaft center piece starts a bad wobble?
2023-6-28
Use props
CanerY
lvl.1
Turkey

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-28 12:32
Any abnormality around a motor shroud is going to cause you issues spinning at such high RPM's. Were the old props involved in the previous accident? Seems that the replacement made it a bit better.

No, I replaced several propellers with new and original ones after the accident. I think I will continue using it in this way. If the vibration worsens in the future, I guess I will replace the left rear arm.
2023-6-28
Use props
Villagenopeople
lvl.1

France

hi, i have the same problem with my mini 3 pro
3-13 05:21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Villagenopeople Posted at 3-13 05:21
hi, i have the same problem with my mini 3 pro

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please confirm what specific error message is showing on the DJI Fly app. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and try to calibrate the Vision System of your aircraft using the said software to check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
3-13 23:23
Use props
djiuser_WZkMa1kZ23Zz
New

Philippines

CanerY Posted at 2023-6-28 03:58
They are original videos on the microSD card. What do you mean by cached video? Are you referring to the device's internal storage?

Sir, may I ask if you already solved this problem on your drone? I am experiencing the same problem now. How did you solve it? Thanks
4-5 09:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules