Insufficient Storage Note - Cannot Update Firmware
1589 9 2023-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2713 ft
United States

Trying to update firmware to v01.00.1100 but I'm getting an "Insufficient Storage" note. I do not have any images or video in the storage and the SD card is 256gb. When I go to "storage " on the RC, it notes 28.60gb of 32gb used. ??????

Thanks.

2023-7-1
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weird, you might want to format the SD card.
2023-7-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lucas626 Posted at 7-1 20:45
Weird, you might want to format the SD card.

Yes, good idea...
2023-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm if you are using a remote controller with a built-in screen (DJI RC or RC Pro) or using a mobile device to run the DJI Fly app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-1
Use props
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
United States

Yes, using the DJI RC Pro controller.

I'll try removing the current card and reformatting a new card and see if that solves the problem.

I'll reply back with an update.

Thanks everyone!!!
2023-7-2
Use props
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
United States

Reformatted the card. Still getting the error: "Insufficient storage. Additional 2960 MB required for update." Where is this storage? On the card, the RC Pro or the drone's internal memory? I'm guessing maybe the firmware is downloaded to the RC then to the drone and that is the problem?

2023-7-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

RC Pro internal storage. If you can, copy the "files" folder to the SD card, then nove it back after the update.
2023-7-2
Use props
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-2 08:06
RC Pro internal storage. If you can, copy the "files" folder to the SD card, then nove it back after the update.

Thanks, but my only concern is that there might not be enough memory to put the files back into the RC and that would be a bigger disaster. I'm under the impression the internal memory in the RC was engineered too small and won't accept new, larger firmware updates.

2023-7-2
Use props
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
United States

Went to Profile / System / Storage on RC Pro and totally erased the catch files. (Also accidently erased flight records).

There is also an option to migrate data to the card, which I did. Now there is enough space and I'm assuming the flight records will be maintianed on the SD, not in the RC memory.

I would suggest Dji adjusts the instructions to advise users to add an SD card to the RC Pro and use that for storage.

Problem is resoved, hopefully this will help others.

Thanks to those who responded.

2023-7-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CycloneCowboy Posted at 7-2 09:56
Went to Profile / System / Storage on RC Pro and totally erased the catch files. (Also accidently erased flight records).

Hi,

Same for the RC (not pro), had to remove all flightlogs from the RC to get enough space to do a firmware update.

btw
Firmware is never on a SD card
Flightlogs are always stored internal memory.

I copy after each fly days logs to my PC. After while deleting the logs form the RC.

cheers
JJB
2023-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules