Mavic 3 pro Cine Long exposure photos problem
844 10 2023-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb9867987
lvl.2

Greece

Well i have just bought a mavic 3 pro cine.
I love long exposure photography. I had an air 2s, taking a lot of photos but the f2.8 could not get a lot of detail
So in the new mavic i use F11 for detail
In standard photos, quality is great
But when i take long exposure with or without nd filters (dji), some photos look "bloor". Something like the aircraft is moving while capturing.

But it not moving. I always check for the aircraft to be stopped, no winds, cine mode, clean filters and lens.
Well 6/10 are "mesh".
Controller and aircraft last updated.
Any help please?
I also tried autofocus and manual focus, with same results.
P.S. near the areas i choose, are no antennas, no radars, no magnetic fields, no cables.

2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Can you please post here the photos showing the issue? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-13
Use props
fansb9867987
lvl.2

Greece

2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry if I will be asking for more information but I need this to get forwarded to our designated team to get to the correct path of resolution so may I also request the photo files and the camera parameters that you've set up? Thank you for your understanding and patience,
2023-7-13
Use props
fansb9867987
lvl.2

Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 7-13 04:11
Hi, Sorry if I will be asking for more information but I need this to get forwarded to our designated team to get to the correct path of resolution so may I also request the photo files and the camera parameters that you've set up? Thank you for your understanding and patience,

Yes
Iso 100
F 9.0
8 sec
Using Nd-64
2023-7-13
Use props
fansb9867987
lvl.2

Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 7-13 04:11

where do you want to send the files??? e-mail ??
I posted this here in forum , to check if anyone has the same problem with me(by the way)
2023-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's no need to send any files.
Your settings tell the story.

With those settings, it's not surprising that image is blurred.
It would be very rarely that you'd get an 8 second exposure without any camera movement.
Shooting at 2 seconds, you'd need still conditions and still have to shoot multiple images and hope you get one that's a keeper.
But 8 seconds ... you're wasting your time.

First take that ND filter off and throw it away .. it's not helping a bit.
It's only letting 2% of the light getting through to the sensor !!
Is there any particular reason you're using it?

I had an air 2s, taking a lot of photos but the f2.8 could not get a lot of detail
So in the new mavic i use F11 for detail
The wideangle lenses on drones have more depth of field than you need at any aperture.
You wouldn't see any difference in detail between f 2.8 and f 11 unless your dubject is only one metre away.
For 99% of drone photography, you'll get all the detail you'll ever want at f 2.8.

2023-7-13
Use props
fansb9867987
lvl.2

Greece

well i will disagree with you in some sections
In 2.8, you get very much light. Imagine even with 100 iso, f 2.8 with 2 seconds what is going to be.
If i want to capture a waterfall , or a sea wave, defently i will use nd filter.
If this drone could not handle the 8 sec, then why dji released it? What do you think?
2023-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansb9867987 Posted at 7-13 05:01
In 2.8, you get very much light. Imagine even with 100 iso, f 2.8 with 2 seconds what is going to be.
If i want to capture a waterfall , or a sea wave, defently i will use nd filter.

You're the one having problems and taking crap shots that should be easy.
You're the one asking for help.
But go ahead and ignore my factual and helpful information if you think you know better.
But you obviously don't.

2023-7-13
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

You can not expect a drone to keep absolutely still, with no vibration or movement, for 8 seconds..
If you get 4 out of 10 "keepers" that is a very good result.
2023-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

If this drone could not handle the 8 sec, then why dji released it? What do you think?

I think that the shutter unit is a standard item that could be used in many different cameras where it could be locked down on a tripod.
I know that in still conditions you cannot rely on every photo being perfect.
8 seconds just isn't realistic.
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules