Air3 4k60fps noticeable frame drops
647 5 2023-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988310 ft
United States

title. Seems like there are some very noticeable frame drops when Im reviewing my footage in 4k60fps.
the low-res footage is much more smoother than the actual footage so I'm not quite sure whats going on atm.

The SD card I'm using is SanDisk 128G Extreme with 90MB/s write speed

codec is H265, using vlc player. I tried disabling hardware acceleration and it just got worse. Is r7 3700x not enough to handle 4k60fps?
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please upload the original video file showing the issue so we can check? You may upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here. Furthermore, please confirm if all the footage captured in 4k/60fps does the same issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-17
Use props
starmaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195364 ft
United States

What video card do you have? The primary CPU is less important to video performance than the GPU. I had similar (and worse) problems with h.265 video from both the Air 3 and Mini 3 Pro. I upgraded to an NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti and all the problems went away. Also, encoding with Handbrake takes full advantage of the GPU and really speeds up production.
2023-8-17
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
United States

starmaker Posted at 8-17 18:40
What video card do you have? The primary CPU is less important to video performance than the GPU. I had similar (and worse) problems with h.265 video from both the Air 3 and Mini 3 Pro. I upgraded to an NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti and all the problems went away. Also, encoding with Handbrake takes full advantage of the GPU and really speeds up production.

Mine is rtx2080super. i switched to use openGL video for windows and it fixed the problem
2023-8-17
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-17 18:26
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please upload the original video file showing the issue so we can check? You may upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here. Furthermore, please confirm if all the footage captured in 4k/60fps does the same issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

i switched to use openGL video for windows in VLC and it fixed the problem
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

itsalbertZ Posted at 8-17 20:22
i switched to use openGL video for windows in VLC and it fixed the problem

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experience. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules