Air 3 camera changes exposure within image?
513 6 2023-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

First flight of my Air 3 and the first thing I notice right on screen of the RC2 is, that obviously within the camera image the exposure changes with the brightness of the background.

See this video snapshot which was taken in 4K/30 Normal:

Snapshot_Air3.jpg

If you look close the brightness of the all-white tower in the middle of the image, you see that it is dark grey beginning from the horizon up and light grey below the horizon.
This is very weird, never seen in any DJI camera this way. Seems a bit as if there is some kind of HDR processing done without any settings done for. I do not want that in footage in normal mode.

To make it more visible I replaced the background with a grey fill with one fixed brightness all over the area.

Hist_grey_top.png Hist_grey_bottom.png
I used Photoshop to get histograms for two small areas on the tower. As you may see the brightness of the 'white' tower differs around 60% from top to bottom.

@DJI
I do not consider this desirable in any way. Exposure settings have to be set for all of the image, they may not be changed within the image.
Can you confirm a bug here?

@all
You have to have bright sky on top and much darker ground contents to reproduce this. If you don't believe it, try it yourself.
2023-9-4
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Same tower filmed with Mini 3 Pro, there is no such issue here, exposure as the be expected:

2023-9-4
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

The Mini 3 Pro original photo:

2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. I will refer this to our relevant team and get you updated once I receive feedback. I appreciate your patience.
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SeehawerB Posted at 9-4 06:27
The Mini 3 Pro original photo:

[view_image]

Hi there. Thank you for waiting. I have sent you a personal message. Please kindly check your inbox. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-4
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you, you got the data via PM.

For making the problem more obvious I made a small video:

2023-9-4
Use props
SeehawerB