DJI P4 RTK and soil prep for pineapple
268 3 2023-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexagarcia
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Hello everyone

Recently I stared a job in precition agriculture in a farm that grows pineapple, and I have to design the furrow bedding (I don´t know if the term is correct). I know this question might seem to be veering from the porpouse of the forum but I promise this has to do a lot with droning. So, here in the farm we have some tractors equipped with auto steering pilots of trimble and what I want to do is to map and countour the blocks that are going to be planted using the drone, but I want the precision of the flight to match (sort of speak) with the precision of the tractors in order to be able to design, countour the blocks and be sure that the tractor is going to follow the path I desinged. If anyone has ever done something like that I'd appreciate the help.
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know if you want to use the photos taken by the aircraft to completely reconstruct the farm, and then measure the area of the corresponding crop plots, etc., for use in route planning for the tractor?

If yes, you may consider Phantom 4 RTK and DJI Terra software to implement it.
2023-9-12
Use props
vergaba
lvl.2

Costa Rica

DJI Susan Posted at 9-12 20:23
Hi there, may I know if you want to use the photos taken by the aircraft to completely reconstruct the farm, and then measure the area of the corresponding crop plots, etc., for use in route planning for the tractor?

If yes, you may consider Phantom 4 RTK and DJI Terra software to implement it.

Yes, thats exactly what I intend to do, Im going to reconstruct the farm and then insert those polygons in the tractor for it to use when applying a pesticide or something, but the main problem Im having is not with the dron but with de GCP, Im planning to mark them with the same system the tractor has, and I wanted to know if someone had already done that and could give son input about, but unfortunatly it seem no one has
2023-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

vergaba Posted at 10-16 13:21
Yes, thats exactly what I intend to do, Im going to reconstruct the farm and then insert those polygons in the tractor for it to use when applying a pesticide or something, but the main problem Im having is not with the dron but with de GCP, Im planning to mark them with the same system the tractor has, and I wanted to know if someone had already done that and could give son input about, but unfortunatly it seem no one has

I see, thank you for your clarification. If you need to import the result to the tractor, it may be beyond our support. Hope you receive suggestions from others. The GCP can be acquired by the handheld RTK products in the market. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules