Is my gimbal broken? or it is supposed to act like that
1298 1 2023-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Germrl
New

Estonia

Hello
I recently bought Osmo Mobile 6 and I think It is broke. Since I have never owned one, I don't know. Maybe this is all normal.

The moment I turned gimbal on I noticed that phone was not sitting straight. So I figured it needs to calibrated, but it never successfully calibrates. That is the first red flag.
Second red flag would be the errors I keep getting "Motor is protected. Press twice trigger" or "Motor is protected".
Third red flag is that when I press Mode button. it moves and becomes stiff and no mode is displayed. After few second the gimbal drops and is limp.
Fourth red lag is that when gimbal actually goes into mode and when I use joystick, it works somewhat but when joystick moves camera to certain position gimbal just drops and is limp again.
Fift red flag would be that whenever the modes somewhat work, I record and then suddenly gimbal decides to go limp agan.

To me it seems like one of the axis engine is faulty. It can't function properly and then somekind of failsafe is triggered that just shuts gimbal down/standby mode and throws "Engine is protected" warning. Even when I select mode and gimbal becomes stiff, whenever I record it doesn't really stabilize. It just...It is like over correcting leaving phone in wrong angles or just goes limp.
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please try placing the mobile phone in the phone clamp and check whether the gimbal is balanced?  Hold the tilt motor with your right hand (to prevent tilt axis rotation) and use your left hand to adjust the mobile phone to Horizontal mode. Check whether the gimbal is basically balanced. If the gimbal is seriously imbalanced, we recommend balancing the gimbal before powering it on. Rotate the three axes of the gimbal (tilt, pan, and roll axes) while it is powered off. Check whether the gimbal is obviously obstructed or cannot rotate smoothly (different from the other two axes, the roll axis shows relatively larger rotation damping in the process of manually rotating the motor). If so, we suggest sending the product back for inspection. You can also try calibrating the gimbal. If the issue persists, please submit a repair request or return it to us if it was bought from the DJI official online store. You can submit a request here: https://support.dji.com/. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules