Drone from US to Ireland
649 4 2023-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathan Corpuz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330085 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I am planning to buy a Mini 4 Pro Flymore Plus Combo during my visit in the US and have a few questions before I purchase.
Will there be any issues when I bring the drone back to Ireland?
Will it still work in Ireland? any issues with Geo-fencing?
And lastly will I be able to register the drone in Ireland?
Thank you
2023-10-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For clarity which bit of Ireland are you talking about, North or South?
Your location is listed as UK so I am unsure of were you wish to fly, in the North you are under UK law, in the South you are under Southern Irish law.
Be aware that if customs realise you are importing a drone from the USA i.e. you are not bringing it in as a tourist who will take it back home, they may charge you duty.
I would also clarify whether or not warranty and or care refresh are based on
a) the country in which the drone is purchased or
b) where it is activated and the any care refresh purchased.

The drone will work anywhere in the world, as will Geo fencing, It will also select the appropriate broad cast regime for the country in which it is flying.

If the "plus" refers to the plus size battery be aware that the drone will no longer be sub 250g.

2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Jonathan, thank you for your response. For your information, DJI does not provide a global warranty, which means customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where they purchased the product.  For example, if you purchase in US, you could obtain the warranty service in US. Before you purchase, please take it consideration to decide where to buy.  

As relevant policies and regulations will be updated from time to time, please check local policies and regulations before flying. You could go to the following link for more information, https://fly-safe.dji.com/nfz/nfz ... Bobject%20Object%5D, thanks.
2023-10-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One other point, if you are talking about Southern Ireland are you aware of the pending EU 120m height ceiling, relative to the take off point, that comes into effect sometime in 2024?
Though that is applicable to under 250g drones, which yours would not be, but unless the drone itself 'realises' that it is no longer under 250g the restriction might be applied.
2023-10-17
Use props
Jonathan Corpuz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330085 ft
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-17 01:41
For clarity which bit of Ireland are you talking about, North or South?
Your location is listed as UK so I am unsure of were you wish to fly, in the North you are under UK law, in the South you are under Southern Irish law.
Be aware that if customs realise you are importing a drone from the USA i.e. you are not bringing it in as a tourist who will take it back home, they may charge you duty.

Hi, thanks for the response!
I was referring to Republic of Ireland so yes I would be under the Irish Aviation Authority.
I am already registered under IAA anyways as I had the DJI Air 2 before and is also aware of the upcoming 120m rule.

Just a pity that we cannot get the "plus" version here in the EU hence why I'm picking it up in my visit to the US.

Again thank you
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules