Mavic 2 PRO crash due to battery failure
644 11 2023-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sbajare
lvl.1

India

Hi,

I recently had a M2 Pro crash due to a battery failure in flight. The flight data reported no errors. after takeoff and attaining 30m alt as i started in forward flight the signal got disconnected and there was no response. we could not see the drone as it was over us. After looking around found the M2 pro lying just a few meters from us.

Upon thorough investigation and going thru the flight logs i could not understaand the exact cause when suddenly i saw the battery connection.

the pictures speaks for itself. you can see the burnt pins on the crashed battery compare that too a good battery.
The drone does not power on with this battery but powers on with a good battery.

ANy one experienced similar issue. How to inform DJI on this.

Crashed battery.jpg
Good battery.jpg
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. According to India Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations is available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.
2023-10-18
Use props
Sbajare
lvl.1

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-18 18:50
Hi there. According to India Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations is available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.

I am well aware of the policy, i am simply trying put forth a problem and hope DJI can solve it. No where did i mention for support or help which DJI as is cannot give. as per blah blah policies. If you only want to make policies why make the products and deny service after sales support.
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sbajare Posted at 10-18 19:06
I am well aware of the policy, i am simply trying put forth a problem and hope DJI can solve it. No where did i mention for support or help which DJI as is cannot give. as per blah blah policies. If you only want to make policies why make the products and deny service after sales support.

Thank you for your response. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores or distributors for drones in India and we're sorry but we cannot provide aftersales services. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-10-19
Use props
Sbajare
lvl.1

India

I am not trying to claim warranty on a three year old drone here , only highlighting the problem. Attaching the flight log screen shot and battery health. Every thing looks fine. THe repeated use of the battery connections is somewhat leading to the connectors getting shorted.
2023-10-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just out of curiosity why don't you post a photo of the male contacts in the drone?
Why not make the log's page on Airdata public?
2023-10-20
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

A question for DJI: I expierenced a Fly Away on January 21st, 2022 w/ my  M2P while working on a job. It took me almost 3 mos. to recover the  aircraft, due to it's location atop a water tank aprox 100yds away from  where I was controlling. Once I recovered the Drone, "we had a number of  personal expierences" that has me even reaching out about this  incident. I actualy purchased another aircraft from a private party, and  have continued on with no issues.

Today, I came across the  damaged drone, and to my surprise - I also found the DJI Flight Record  on my harddive. After running the log on the AirData site it would  appear to me that the drone flew away for some reason other than  operator error.

While I realize that the warranty etc. is long  expired, is this a case that I should send in for review and possible  assitance, or just forget about it and move on?

I cannot attach the DJI log.txt to this post.

Thank you.
2023-11-29
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Log
2023-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You have an answer/question on your thread in mavic pilots, the following is a copy and paste of that response

"What makes you think this is a fly away?
As far as I can see the drone was responding appropriately to the joystick commands.
The log ends at the "Long Beach Sports Arena" roof edge, 250yds from the home point, not 100yds away atop a water tower, is this the correct log?"

I would ask the same questions. BTW going by the log the flight was in 2023.
2023-11-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

No sign of a fly away in this log.
Last  11 seconds in flight 100% Roll input, drone speed up from hover to 13 m/s.

cheers
JJB   [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (www.jjbfrap.eu) ]
Analysis1.png
Analysis2.png
2023-11-29
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-29 12:31
You have an answer/question on your thread in mavic pilots, the following is a copy and paste of that response

It was definitely 2022, and yes the location is correct. The drone went from a hover to 30MPH heading straight for the water tank. The target I was shooting was 180° opposite of the tower. I have NEVER flown a mission intentionally at 30mph and certainly did not do it on purpose for this flight. No need as I was shooting stills not video Thank you for helping!
2023-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gulfstream Posted at 11-29 13:17
It was definitely 2022, and yes the location is correct. The drone went from a hover to 30MPH heading straight for the water tank. The target I was shooting was 180° opposite of the tower. I have NEVER flown a mission intentionally at 30mph and certainly did not do it on purpose for this flight. No need as I was shooting stills not video  Thank you for helping!

Ahh the date is my mistake sorry, I had two logs open yours and a 2023 log, whoops.
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules