Downward Vision Sensor Error
2433 7 2023-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans31539181
New
Flight distance : 6699 ft
United States

Hello guys, 1st post. Glad to hear your drone still flies after eating it!

I just bought my Mini 4 Pro 4 days ago and already it is throwing the "Downward Vision Sensor" error. Cleaned cameras, updated firmware through DJI Assistant 2, reboot, and all the other online tips and tricks. Everything has been calibrated. I don't have a error code number or screen shot. RC2 showing the error in red, pretty straight forward.

1st flight was flawless, 2nd flight it raised to 1.2 meters and threw code. I've already submitted a DJI case#. Bummer for sure. We shall see, and yes I have DJI Refresh, but 4 days old, really? Yes, the retailer is aware of the problem as well and I can always return it. Waiting to see where DJI stands on this. Time is money.
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Since you already submitted a case to us, rest assured that we will conduct a thorough investigation of what causes the issue and will surely update you via email once we receive the unit at our facility. Feel free to contact us if you want updates on your case, just provide us the case number via PM. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-10-23
Use props
fans31539181
New
Flight distance : 6699 ft
United States

Thanks.

So, the sensor calibration option is not available in DJI Assistant 2 for the Mini 4 Pro correct?

Also, with the drone only being 4 days old, would this fall under the DJI warranty and not my DJI Refresh plan? No cost to me once approved correct?

Obviously, I understand that the drone needs to be inspected and evaluated.

Lastly, should I decide to cancel the case#, who do I contact to do that?

Thanks.
2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans31539181 Posted at 10-24 05:59
Thanks.

So, the sensor calibration option is not available in DJI Assistant 2 for the Mini 4 Pro correct?

Hi there, it is correct that there is no sensor calibration on DJI Assistant 2.

Regarding your case, as per the system, the case you created with the number ending with "H8S3Y8" is a regular repair service, it is not a DJI Care Refresh case so if the local team confirms that it is the drone's issue, it will not use your DJI Care Refresh quota. And the shipping label was sent to you via email by UPS.

However, if the drone is received under 15 calendar days, I would recommend that you create a replacement case instead of the regular one. When the local team receives the drone, they will confirm if a brand-new unit can be provided.
You can create a replacement case again directly on our official website: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/replacement. After you created the replacement case, I will be able to assist you to cancel the regular case you created previously.

Besides, if the reseller would be able to help you with the replacement directly, you can also contact them for a replacement. Please let us know your feedback.
2023-10-24
Use props
djiuser_znPn9duNwAVD
New
Flight distance : 2014980 ft

United States

I also had this issue yesterday after owning the Mini 4 Pro for 4 days. I had a "Vision sensors calibration error. Unable to take off. Restart aircraft. Contact DJI Support if issue persists. (Code: 16200202) and "Downward vision sensor calibration parameter error. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 1A510380). I was able to open a replacement case number (CAS-15418221-Q3L0S2) since everything I didn't fix the error.

This morning I turned the drone on and it was somehow working again. I'm not sure if it's an intermittent error. But I flew it 2-3 times and didn't get any error again. I'm still sending it as I don't want to get this issue months later. Will you be able to check it out and see that the drone has errors pop up before? Just wanted to avoid being told that it was working the entire time.
1-16 10:20
Use props
djiuser_bx0pj6TbB0yd
New

Malaysia

Yesterday I bought a NEWLY bought Dji mini3. Today after installing all the firmware and all the procedure the camera has no image and showing downward sensing error. Now they asked to send back to Dji for servicing. SERIOUSLY? Best part is I haven’t fly at ALL. When I went to the service centre they said have to keep the drone for couple of days to check what is wrong with it. This is so absurd!!!
4-11 21:20
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

You are in the wrong forum. This is Mini 4 Pro.
4-11 23:04
Use props
djiuser_1oGNJsxoxLrM
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_znPn9duNwAVD Posted at 1-16 10:20
I also had this issue yesterday after owning the Mini 4 Pro for 4 days. I had a "Vision sensors calibration error. Unable to take off. Restart aircraft. Contact DJI Support if issue persists. (Code: 16200202) and "Downward vision sensor calibration parameter error. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 1A510380). I was able to open a replacement case number (CAS-15418221-Q3L0S2) since everything I didn't fix the error.

This morning I turned the drone on and it was somehow working again. I'm not sure if it's an intermittent error. But I flew it 2-3 times and didn't get any error again. I'm still sending it as I don't want to get this issue months later. Will you be able to check it out and see that the drone has errors pop up before? Just wanted to avoid being told that it was working the entire time.

My Mini 4K drone is three days old (well, I've had it three days) and is having the same problem...

I think it may be something to do with the body shape...  I haven't seen a Mini2SE to compare, and I suspect the downward sensor is the same, but the Mini 4K is so close to the ground that perhaps the downward sensor can't "see" when it's sitting on the ground.

Similarly, the gimbal can't self-test when the 4K is on the ground, it interferes with the movement.

Finally, I think the sensor needs a lot of light, so a white surface seems to work best.  I'm going to try creating a "throne" that holds the drone's "feet" a couple of inches off the ground...

In short, after a lot of restarts, holding the drone a few inches above ground, I can get it to clear the sensor errors and allow flight...

It's frustrating...  I hope a firmware fix can solve it!
5-8 18:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules