Can't practice on any simulators with my RC 2
8251 24 2023-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Devildogg
lvl.1

India

Hi guys as stated, i'm very new to drones, having lots of anxiety when i initially fly it. that being said i'm unable to find a simulator compatible with my DJI RC 2 for practice. Wondering if others are facing the same issues.  
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi Devildogg. Currently, the DJI Flight simulator only supports the DJI remote controllers for the Mavic Air, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Matrice 100, Matrice 600, Matrice 600 Pro, Inspire 1 Series, DJI Smart Controller, and Lightbridge 2. I hope you get some suggestions from your co-pilots. We appreciate your understanding and great support.
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_uzqqCYigCSJe
lvl.1
Lebanon

hope you get it fixed asap
2023-11-12
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86335 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-12 03:49
Hi Devildogg. Currently, the DJI Flight simulator only supports the DJI remote controllers for the Mavic Air, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Matrice 100, Matrice 600, Matrice 600 Pro, Inspire 1 Series, DJI Smart Controller, and Lightbridge 2. I hope you get some suggestions from your co-pilots. We appreciate your understanding and great support.

DJI Tony.  What are the obstacles to adapt the RC2 controller to work with the Dji flight simulator?   

Quite a while ago a Dji rep indicated plans were forthcoming to make the simulator available to a broader set of controllers/drones.   Are there plans to make this available?
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hexter Posted at 11-12 17:25
DJI Tony.  What are the obstacles to adapt the RC2 controller to work with the Dji flight simulator?   

Quite a while ago a Dji rep indicated plans were forthcoming to make the simulator available to a broader set of controllers/drones.   Are there plans to make this available?

Hi, Hexter. We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the DJI Flight Simulator software is no longer being developed and DJI will not make further updates for this software, the RC 2 or newer released controllers will not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-13
Use props
Devildogg
lvl.1

India

DJI Tony Posted at 11-13 01:23
Hi, Hexter. We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the DJI Flight Simulator software is no longer being developed and DJI will not make further updates for this software, the RC 2 or newer released controllers will not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Tony

what support can the RC2 holders expect in the future.

Can you recommend any simulator we can use for practice and honing our skill sets?
Can't practice pinching the thumb sticks with console controllers.

Also given that i already have the RC2 can i buy only Drones which this controller is compatible with?
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Devildogg Posted at 11-15 00:51
Hi Tony

what support can the RC2 holders expect in the future.

Hi there. I'm sorry we cannot provide information about DJI's future plans with the products in the meantime. You can try using the Virtual Flight App for now. Though it is primarily used to practice flying DJI FPV drones, it can give you a general idea of how to control your drone. Here is the link for the app: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight. And yes, as of right now the Mini 4 Pro is also compatible with the RC 2. We appreciate your kind understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-15
Use props
Billy Br
New

Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 02:50
Hi there. Hi there. I'm sorry we cannot provide information about DJI's future plans with the products in the meantime. You can try using the Virtual Flight App for now. Though it is primarily used to practice flying DJI FPV drones, it can give you a general idea of how to control your drone. Here is the link for the app: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight. And yes, as of right now the Mini 4 Pro is also compatible with the RC 2. We appreciate your kind understanding. Have a great day ahead.

I was searching about this information, I'll soon buy a Air 3 and wanted to try a simulator to get more practice. Thank you verry much
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Billy Br Posted at 11-15 15:56
I was searching about this information, I'll soon buy a Air 3 and wanted to try a simulator to get more practice. Thank you verry much

You are most welcome. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have further concerns or are in need of assistance. We are more than glad to help. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-17
Use props
djiuser_jN67EAnYsHwg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Some people have a hard time to control your drones because they have developed muscle memory for operating fixed wing RC aircrafts. To operate and film smoothly with your drones it is required to develop new set of skills and it would be great if users could do it from the comfort of their homes. I can't understand how company that big could not provide training tool to their products, unless it is intentional( less skills=more crashes) hence more sales! Shame on you DJI
4-1 03:18
Use props
fans8e9b072c
New

United Arab Emirates

djiuser_jN67EAnYsHwg Posted at 4-1 03:18
Some people have a hard time to control your drones because they have developed muscle memory for operating fixed wing RC aircrafts. To operate and film smoothly with your drones it is required to develop new set of skills and it would be great if users could do it from the comfort of their homes. I can't understand how company that big could not provide training tool to their products, unless it is intentional( less skills=more crashes) hence more sales! Shame on you DJI

Agreed with you on 1000000% For example in UAE you can’t fly anywhere and anymore. But how to get experience before vacation (for example) or just not forget rules and other…. Super strange (( before ordering I was sure it not be a problem, but I’m wrong.
4-1 19:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jN67EAnYsHwg Posted at 4-1 03:18
Some people have a hard time to control your drones because they have developed muscle memory for operating fixed wing RC aircrafts. To operate and film smoothly with your drones it is required to develop new set of skills and it would be great if users could do it from the comfort of their homes. I can't understand how company that big could not provide training tool to their products, unless it is intentional( less skills=more crashes) hence more sales! Shame on you DJI

We understand the inconvenience. We are actively submitting your feedback to the relevant team. Thank you for your patience.
4-1 21:21
Use props
djiuser_KzxvsyJ9Vd1T
New
Colombia

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-11-12 03:49
Hi Devildogg. Currently, the DJI Flight simulator only supports the DJI remote controllers for the Mavic Air, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Matrice 100, Matrice 600, Matrice 600 Pro, Inspire 1 Series, DJI Smart Controller, and Lightbridge 2. I hope you get some suggestions from your co-pilots. We appreciate your understanding and great support.

aun nada de solucion, es una pena no poder practicar con mi control en ningun simulador
4-2 17:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KzxvsyJ9Vd1T Posted at 4-2 17:37
aun nada de solucion, es una pena no poder practicar con mi control en ningun simulador

Hi there. I understand the inconvenience. I suggest try using the Beginner mode feature on the DJI Fly app. To set it, go to profile>settings>replay Beginner Guide—Reset Guide then tap "OK", it will be in beginner mode. You can also go to camera view>Control>Flight Tutorial, then it will lead to Beginner Flight Tutorial. However, I will forward your feedback to the relevant team for awareness. We kindly request for your patience.
4-3 02:03
Use props
alsodavid
New

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-3 02:03
Hi there. I understand the inconvenience. I suggest try using the Beginner mode feature on the DJI Fly app. To set it, go to profile>settings>replay Beginner Guide—Reset Guide then tap "OK", it will be in beginner mode. You can also go to camera view>Control>Flight Tutorial, then it will lead to Beginner Flight Tutorial. However, I will forward your feedback to the relevant team for awareness. We kindly request for your patience.

Hi Tony,

Is there an SDK where I could develop my own driver for an existing drone simulator?

Thx
4-5 04:29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alsodavid Posted at 4-5 04:29
Hi Tony,

Is there an SDK where I could develop my own driver for an existing drone simulator?

Hi there. Let me check this with the respective team. Thank you.
4-6 01:28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alsodavid Posted at 4-5 04:29
Hi Tony,

Hi, David. Thank you for waiting. This is currently not supported. However, I have already submitted your feedback as a suggestion and it will be evaluated by the relevant team. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
4-8 02:24
Use props
magnuspym
New

Poland

They want you to crash your drone so you either buy another one, or buy the protection plan.  Imagine buying a $450+ controller and not having this BASIC FUNCTIONALITY.  Weak sauce.  Going to switch to Autel in the future.
5-3 11:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

magnuspym Posted at 5-3 11:44
They want you to crash your drone so you either buy another one, or buy the protection plan.  Imagine buying a $450+ controller and not having this BASIC FUNCTIONALITY.  Weak sauce.  Going to switch to Autel in the future.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. My apologies if this remote controller is not compatible with the DJI Flight simulator, please understand that this simulator is only compatible with the previous version of drones mentioned by DJI Tony in post #2. Also, our drones are designed with multiple functions to ensure safe flying. We suggest reading the user manual before flying to ensure that you are fully aware of how the drone works. If you need further assistance, you may contact us. You may also want to check some third-party simulators that are available in the market including, Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League, all of which are compatible with our product. You may try downloading this and try these alternatives as well. We hope for your understanding and support. Wish you have a nice day ahead. Take care.
5-4 21:08
Use props
alsodavid
New

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-8 02:24
Hi, David. Thank you for waiting. This is currently not supported. However, I have already submitted your feedback as a suggestion and it will be evaluated by the relevant team. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Hi Tony,
What would be the official channel for this request?  I could make a more official request through my corporation based in Canada.
5-20 17:05
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alsodavid Posted at 5-20 17:05
Hi Tony,
What would be the official channel for this request?  I could make a more official request through my corporation based in Canada.

Hi. You may send an email to support@dji.com. Have a nice day.
5-21 02:27
Use props
Talon06
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-4 21:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. My apologies if this remote controller is not compatible with the DJI Flight simulator, please understand that this simulator is only compatible with the previous version of drones mentioned by DJI Tony in post #2. Also, our drones are designed with multiple functions to ensure safe flying. We suggest reading the user manual before flying to ensure that you are fully aware of how the drone works. If you need further assistance, you may contact us. You may also want to check some third-party simulators that are available in the market including, Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League, all of which are compatible with our product. You may try downloading this and try these alternatives as well. We hope for your understanding and support. Wish you have a nice day ahead. Take care.

"You may also want to check some third-party simulators that are available in the market including, Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League, all of which are compatible with our product."  
I am confused.  This thread is about using the RC2 controller with drone simulators and you are saying that these third-party apps work with your product.  Are you talking about the older DJI controllers or the RC2?  As far as I can tell there is no way to use the RC2 with any third-party apps.  You cannot connect it to your phone or computer except to transfer data.  Or am I missing something?  DJI really needs to either include a simulator with this controller or open it up to third party apps.  It is ridiculous that we cannot use a controller this expensive with any simulators.
5-23 07:32
Use props
Christian Marconi
lvl.1

Italy

Talon06 Posted at 5-23 07:32
"You may also want to check some third-party simulators that are available in the market including, Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League, all of which are compatible with our product."  
I am confused.  This thread is about using the RC2 controller with drone simulators and you are saying that these third-party apps work with your product.  Are you talking about the older DJI controllers or the RC2?  As far as I can tell there is no way to use the RC2 with any third-party apps.  You cannot connect it to your phone or computer except to transfer data.  Or am I missing something?  DJI really needs to either include a simulator with this controller or open it up to third party apps.  It is ridiculous that we cannot use a controller this expensive with any simulators.

I'm using it with liftoff and it works great
5-23 13:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Talon06 Posted at 5-23 07:32

Thank you for your response. You can try it on your end to find out, Talon06. Give us feedback then. Have a good one.
5-25 20:52
Use props
Baleur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 722 ft

Sweden

RC-N2 also not workin in any simulators or games or anything.
Windows doesnt register it as a controller, even after installing teh drivers via the flight simulator etc.
5-29 08:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules