DJI Refurbished Battery fails on first flight and its not covered?
696 20 2023-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78283872 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I bought a DJI fpv drone was supposed to be new but later I found out it was a replacement drone however it was still new and just activated and I also bought a refurbished DJI fpv battery from an authorized dealer. The battery in the Drone failed on first flight during landing sequence.  But as I stated in this the Drone is considered out of warranty because it's a replacement however the battery is supposedly in warranty and should be considered under warranty now I know from the flight record that the main contributor of the crash was the battery failing during flight because it shows it up on the message during the flight log playback.  However when this was reported to DJI I get no support whatsoever this is not like the DJ I used to know I've had this issue exactly the same as this in fact it's up it was with a mavic to zoom in which the mavic 2 zoo was out of warranty used and the battery was a refurbished model from an authorized dealer and it failed during flight however DJI engineers claimed that that was an ESC error and it was an out of warranty situation.  Of course I knew better and I luckily got a hold of Holly in the h headquarters and she was able to have the investigation escalated and pulled the flight controller and examined it by a second or separate division which was able to assess it that the battery was the effective and the crash was due to the battery. To me these two situations seem somewhat similar especially in this case the battery is actually showing indicators before the crash of an error.   But DJI support non-responsive hard to deal with takes forever to get a response now just just leave a good way to put it.  Is this considered a warranty situation because the battery is in warranty and should it be covered?
2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I just wanted to mention that they were able to replace the mavic to zoom and battery because the battery being in warranty and causing  the
crash.  I thought that the Mavic incident was kind of relevant to mention.  Why is this FPV drone not covered?  Why is this not going to be a warranty issue how the Mavic 2 Zoom issue was a warranty issue?  I just I don't get it.?  Has some of the policies changed since a year and a half ago?
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience with us. To better assist you regarding the situation, may I ask for your active case number or ticket number with us? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your support.
2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-16 14:04
Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience with us. To better assist you regarding the situation, may I ask for your active case number or ticket number with us? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your support.

The ticket number or case number is

CAS-14340968-K7L1H5

Please take note that in this incident engineeres.  Were able to identify the battery that was in the Drone and has specified that the battery was not activated I was reading in the forums that technically that right there should be a dead giveaway there's something wrong because the Drone shouldn't be in flight without the battery being activated thought that was interesting.  

I would appreciate any help you get off of me with this case or incident.  I can't seem to get anywhere or move forward with it, thank you for taking interest.
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs Posted at 11-16 19:15
The ticket number or case number is

CAS-14340968-K7L1H5

Thank you for your reply. As per checking, our managerial department is following up on your case. I would love to verify further information and will send you PMs later, could you please check it out and keep us updated?
2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much!
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I was hoping somebody could help me with these three cases I mean they just keep piling up and I can't get any help that fpv case and that I brought to your attention has been open for about 3 months now nothing happening no responses.  I've got a response from my mavic 2 case where engineers say the motor failure but since it's now out of warranty which it was only a month old when the accident happened and I filed the claim within the timely manner but they're telling me that now it's out of warranty and I've got to pay 50% on it I mean I don't know what's wrong how come I just can't get it replaced with me it took it's been over a year it's not my fault that it's out of warranty now it's because DJI has not been doing anything about the case.  And then now I've got a mavic 3 case where it's the third movie three that's went down all malfunctions that of the unit fact one mavic 3 went down the same day I got it.  Whatever the case is I'm afraid that the mavic 3 line isn't up to speed
Screenshot_20231204-072918.png
Screenshot_20231204-072936.png
Screenshot_20231204-073119.png
2023-12-4
Use props
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI FPV
Case Type:Flyaway
Case No.:CAS-14340968-K7L1H5
Application Date:2023-09-25 16:44:00

DJI Mavic 3
Case No.:CAS-14152563-Q3B4M4
Application Date:2023-09-07 13:23:00

Mavic 2 Zoom
Case Type:Repair
Case No.:CAS-9528626-X6J7N7
Application Date:2022-06-24 17:45:00

These are the three cases and I can't seem to get resolved if you can help me with that I'd appreciate it
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs Posted at 12-4 04:34
DJI FPV

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Because you have three cases, it will take some time for us to check the case status.
2023-12-4
Use props
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ok well it would be good to move forward with any of these.
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs Posted at 12-4 04:34
DJI FPV

Hi there, sorry for the wait.
As per checking, our managerial team provided the solutions/offers for the FPV and Mavic 2 Zoom cases, could you please check it out?
Regarding the Mavic 3 case, the drone was replaced and shipped to you in Sept., may we know if you encountered any further issues with the replacement? Please let me know the details so I can help, thank you.
2023-12-4
Use props
djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I wasnt home and somehow the mavic 3 was returned to you.
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ivVljMlRKIDs Posted at 12-4 20:33
I wasnt home and somehow the mavic 3 was returned to you.

Sorry I did not notice this. I will ask the corresponding team to check and follow up.
2023-12-4
Use props
Fukfac-3rd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Please be advised that this message was composed using voice-to-text dictation protocol software. Please excuse any grammatical, typographical and/or contextual errors that this message may contain. Feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns or if further clarification is needed. I thank you in advance for your understanding and support.        ~SB

Here's a great example of what's been happening to my fpv drones lately you know telemetry and everything is just not been working right well I captured it on video with yet another fpv drone that I purchased about five of them in the last year and a half or two it's getting expensive especially for somebody on disability but check out this video this is some of the stuff that I run into and I try to be open and straight up and let you have all the information you need and that's why I provide these things but DJI has been really just rude to me for some reason because yeah I purchase a lot a lot of DJI products probably more than most people will ever but yeah I've had problems too okay but not with all of them and DJI has been relatively good about it since I've got somewhat of a list of you know support tickets on my history they're treating me badly now.   And in some of the email correspondence that I've gotten yes they've indicated that my service tickets they won't offer me discounts or anything because it's the number of tickets I've had what does that have to do or anything in my opinion I mean I'm a loyal customer I've been I've been like married to DJI and then all the sudden they're kicking me out to the dog house it doesn't seem right to me I got that mavic two drone that just falls out the sky a month after it was activated not even that and your headquarters issued that drawn to me because of defective battery that I purchased at that time same with this fpv drone situation a refurbished unit which brought down the initial drone even though that drones warranty was up it was the warranty of the battery that covered the Drone and the battery and DJI was able to issue me another unit after an extensive investigation that lasted three to four months if I remember right where the flight controller had to be dismantled and sent to a special division for for basically they had to do an investigation and they found out that I was right the whole time in your engineers were actually wrong when it came to the park your engineers were saying the ESC failure I knew that wasn't the case when because of the circumstances of the problem you don't have an ESC failure when everything you have goes out all your power all your motors everything goes out that's not an ESC failure that's a battery failure there's a big difference now ESC failures you can have those and you can watch the damn drone come flying out the sky spinning around and around because usually one or two of the motors or something like that will fail you won't lose all your power I'm not even in a scientist and I know that but the engineers couldn't figure it out so I believe I know what I'm talking about in this case but DJI refused to listen and we've been going over this for about 6 months now it's 6..7...8 months maybe almost and that that's kind of that's really wrong.   But the reason I I decided to start using the forms and so other people can hopefully learn something from my situation if they have trouble cuz I'm here to try to enlighten you know like I share what I know cuz I like to learn stuff I love to see people sharing stuff with me that I don't know because I don't know a lot of things and I would love to learn so that's what's up everybody I'm telling you what's going on with my situation hopefully this this doesn't happen to you but if it does yes DJ I can recover your aircraft if it fails due to a battery malfunction even if your aircraft's not in warranty they've done it for me so yes they can but you're going to go through a lot of hell to get them to do it but you can get it if you're right stick with it don't give it up

https://youtu.be/vqvVknSCJpU?si=nF28QuSa9nlyF7dG

https://youtu.be/vqvVknSCJpU?si=nF28QuSa9nlyF7dG
4-6 18:12
Use props
Fukfac-3rd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Little dog I'd like to get some kind of response in this matter so we can you know I need a good response I really do because I'm you know calling me everything I'm struggling right now everybody's struggling a lot of people but yeah we need to get that mavic 2 resolved as well does it inherits the original warranty of the original battery the refurbished battery that that it was covered from is why it was replaces was covered under warranty so therefore it is under warranty regardless of you guys saying that the warranted ended 3 years earlier doesn't make sense that you issued another unit if the warranty was it ended obviously the warranty was still valid I'm just rambling but I'm leveling you know.
4-6 18:15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fukfac-3rd Posted at 4-6 18:15
Little dog I'd like to get some kind of response in this matter so we can you know I need a good response I really do because I'm you know calling me everything I'm struggling right now everybody's struggling a lot of people but yeah we need to get that mavic 2 resolved as well does it inherits the original warranty of the original battery the refurbished battery that that it was covered from is why it was replaces was covered under warranty so therefore it is under warranty regardless of you guys saying that the warranted ended 3 years earlier doesn't make sense that you issued another unit if the warranty was it ended obviously the warranty was still valid I'm just rambling but I'm leveling you know.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please provide us with the reference number such as the order number or your email address to check more details?
4-6 18:22
Use props
Fukfac-3rd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yes you can look at my email address there's quite a few supports on there it might be a little difficult or time consuming but yeah they're everything's on there. Check borssteve@yahoo.com
4-6 18:24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fukfac-3rd Posted at 4-6 18:24
Yes you can look at my email address there's quite a few supports on there it might be a little difficult or time consuming but yeah they're everything's on there. Check

Hello. After checking, our management team provided solutions/quotes for FPV and Mavic 2 Zoom cases, could you please check?
As for the case of Mavic 3, the drone has been replaced and shipped to you in September 2023. Do you still encounter other problems after the replacement? Please let me know the details so I can help. Thank you.
4-6 18:42
Use props
Fukfac-3rd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

All right well there's you two visual links that you guys can admire it you can see that this thing started back in last September 8th or so that's about we're talking about 7 months now and all it says to be determined and if you read through my emails like you said you was going to check you can you see that DJI is being prejudice with me because of my prior cases which shouldn't be an issue if they were approved and DJI found an incident that was caused by their manufacturing procedures or policy or whatever that may be why does the customer have to be penalized for that because he's a major consumer of your product but thanks I just want to know that you guys check it out
4-6 19:25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please tell me the specific case number? This way I can locate your problem.
4-6 19:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules