Tips welcome on ejecting sd card
881 14 2023-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

Since connecting my pocket 3 to my iPad using USB turns out to be utterly unreliable with transferring files by failing all the time, I decided to get a USB hub with a MicroSD card reader to transfer my files to my iPad. That at least works reliably. My new problem is that it feels really difficult to eject/insert the microSD card from my OP3 with my short nails. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to damage the microSD card by digging into it so hard. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to easily eject a microSD card? So far I found a hack of using my iPhone lightning cable to push into the microSD card and eject it, but there has to be a better way people are doing it! I'd be surprised if I'm the only one struggling with this..
2023-11-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

No personal experience on the Pocket 3 so far, but I do remember that one youtuber said they use a guitar pick as a tool to help removing the MicroSD card from the camera. But I guess that is quite a similar way to using the Lightning cable for that.
2023-12-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ball point pen and a steady hand. SD cards are very small hence micro so nothing is going to be easy just be careful.
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

There are some tools available online such as;
Micro-sd Card Tool
It looks like something someone could make for you if you know anyone with a 3D printer.

2023-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Edge of a credit card or a guitar pick both work quite well and will not damage the SD card.
2023-12-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I found that my thumbnail works if I have the fleshy part of my thumb setting on wide side of the P3, i.e. the thumbnail is pointing to the display side of the device. Goes quite easily for me that way.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. You may consider using a third-party accessory Micro SD card ejector tool. We also hope you'll get the best recommendation that you may need. Please keep us posted if you have further concerns!
2023-12-1
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

I found the guitar pick solution works best for me and it fits perfectly in the memory card slot of the included combo bag. Thanks!
2023-12-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Rishio Posted at 12-2 01:34
I found the guitar pick solution works best for me and it fits perfectly in the memory card slot of the included combo bag. Thanks!

Glad to hear you found a satisfactory solution.
2023-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I made a little tool and shared the plans here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-265115-1-1.html
2023-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rishio Posted at 12-2 01:34

Just trying to help plus a guitar pick is cheap.  Hope you have a great weekend.
2023-12-2
Use props
RayNY
lvl.3
United States

It's actually very hard to eject it from the Pocket 3.  It was very easy on the Pocket 2 and the Mavic 3 is not too difficult as well.  My recommendation is to not eject it unless you have to and use a UBS-C cable to download because I actually think the card ejection system might break at some point.
2023-12-2
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

RayNY Posted at 12-2 07:04
It's actually very hard to eject it form the Pocket 3.  It was very easy on the Pocket 2 and the Mavic 3 is not too difficult as well.  My recommendation is to not eject it unless you have to and use a UBS-C cable to download because I actually think the card ejection system might break at some point.

I tried that for weeks but unfortunately transfer fails for me 50% of the time with the OP3 using USBC to my iPad. The only thing that work reliably is using a usbc hub, card reader, and ejecting the card each time.
2023-12-2
Use props
RayNY
lvl.3
United States

Rishio Posted at 12-2 07:19
I tried that for weeks but unfortunately transfer fails for me 50% of the time with the OP3 using USBC to my iPad. The only thing that work reliably is using a usbc hub, card reader, and ejecting the card each time.

Have you tried a different cable?
2023-12-2
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

RayNY Posted at 12-2 08:51
Have you tried a different cable?

I tried using the same cable with a microsd card reader and the iPad, and it doesn’t fail. It just fails randomly with the iPad connected to the OP3. I think I am not the only one with this problem, but there are so few of us that it hasn’t registered as urgent. I kind of just accepted that I can’t transfer files from the OP3 directly to my iPad and have to use alternative methods to be able to film with it.
2023-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules