602 14 2023-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimoneR
New
Flight distance : 7713 ft
Germany

Hello everyone,

I bought a Mini 4 Pro and have a question about the Custom Stick Mode. As I fly RC airplane models and am also a sports pilot myself, it's confusing for me that the drone ascends when I move the stick up and descends when I move the stick down. I found a video on YouTube suggesting that you can swap the axes (Ascend/Descend) by rotating with two fingers ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPGCFwCeRE&t=117s   at 2:00 ), but unfortunately this is not possible on my RC-2 controller. Has this function been removed or was it only available on RC-Controller, or am I doing something wrong?
Thank you in advance. Best regards, Simone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPGCFwCeRE&t=117s

2023-12-13
Use props
Exiled FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I probably won't be much help as I don't have the DJI Mini 4 Pro or the RC2....and I haven't flown RC airplane models.

I do however fly FPV which gives you a better idea of exactly what each axis of both sticks do.

A drone doesn't fly the same as an RC airplane....it flies like an RC helicopter.

With DJI drones what people tend to think of as the ascending/descending stick but it really isn't. It is the throttle. In FPV as in helicopters, if the craft is level, the throttle will make it ascend or descend (this is why in the throttle axis has no tension in FPV drones, RC helicopters, or RC airplanes. Flying FPV, if I pitch forward even slightly and give it full throttle, the drone will react the same as if you pitched forward with your elevator and gave it full throttle.....in both situations, the craft is going down....hard.....until you pitch back with your elevator.

The major difference between RC airplane controls and FPV drones or RC Helicopters.....is the ability to hover. DJI fine tunes their drones to the point that they can set the throttle axis so it returns to center just as the pitch axis returns to center....this gives the drone the ability to hover perfectly with no stick input.

I hope this helps....at least a little bit.
2023-12-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I see these posts often and I really don't get it... A drone is not a fix wing, so like when you fly helis, the throttle start from bottom and goes up mix with the collective, unless you fly 3d off course, but that is a different matter...

So having the stick to make the drone go down when pushed forward it is not the RC way to fly non-fixed wings...

Perhaps DJI could add a reverse switch for people coming from flying aeroplanes, but to fly a drone, the sticks are actually setup correctly... Throttle up to go up, and throttle down to come down....

Edit... Posted at the same time...

2023-12-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Exiled FPV Posted at 12-13 02:59
I probably won't be much help as I don't have the DJI Mini 4 Pro or the RC2....and I haven't flown RC airplane models.

I do however fly FPV which gives you a better idea of exactly what each axis of both sticks do.

Actually a helicopter well setup will hover at 50-55% throttle like a drone, but not that stable... The wind can still take you away....
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I confirm your preferred joystick movement for further checking? I hope to hear from you soon.
2023-12-14
Use props
SimoneR
New
Flight distance : 7713 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 01:54
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I confirm your preferred joystick movement for further checking? I hope to hear from you soon.

Like Mode 2 only ascend and descend are swapped (stick forward = drone descending, stick back = drone ascending)
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SimoneR Posted at 12-14 03:10
Like Mode 2 only ascend and descend are swapped (stick forward = drone descending, stick back = drone ascending)

Hi, there. Thank you for confirmation. Inverted control is not possible at the moment, however, this will be considered as a suggestion and forward to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-17
Use props
fans794d55f1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104849 ft
Slovenia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-17 02:01
Hi, there. Thank you for confirmation. Inverted control is not possible at the moment, however, this will be considered as a suggestion and forward to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi ,
This problem is known for 4 years now, for Mini 2 was fixed but for all new dron is still problem. For mini 4 costumization is particial, you can swap controls in all meaningless combinations, only preferd way is not possible . So DJI fix that problem once and for all or remove costumization tab from SW !!
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans794d55f1 Posted at 12-17 05:02
Hi ,
This problem is known for 4 years now, for Mini 2 was fixed but for all new dron is still problem. For mini 4 costumization is particial, you can swap controls in all meaningless combinations, only preferd way is not possible . So DJI fix that problem once and for all or remove costumization tab from SW !!

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your feedback regarding this matter. Rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to our relevant team for awareness.
2023-12-18
Use props
erhatd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 986621 ft
United States

Exiled FPV Posted at 2023-12-13 02:59

You make a good point with your FPV comparison. So it seems the drone with stable hovering capabilities are a mixed animal and clearly people coming from fixed wings do prefer push forward goes down.
All DJI needs to do is allow a reversal function on all stick motions as any RC transmitter allows. Then one can call it custom mode.
Also on the iPhone DJI app one can reverse the motion just not on android.go figure. If u have an N1 Controller one can Programm it with a borrowed iPhone and the go back to the android phone. Voila.bjt with RC controllers and built-in android screen that can it be done
5-26 07:05
Use props
erhatd
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-12-18 03:09
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your feedback regarding this matter. Rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to our relevant team for awareness.

Also on the iPhone DJI app one can reverse the motion just not on android.go figure. If u have an N1 Controller one can Programm it with a borrowed iPhone and the go back to the android phone. Voila.bjt with RC controllers and built-in android screen that can it be done
5-26 07:05
Use props
erhatd
lvl.2
United States

fans794d55f1 Posted at 2023-12-17 05:02
Hi ,
This problem is known for 4 years now, for Mini 2 was fixed but for all new dron is still problem. For mini 4 costumization is particial, you can swap controls in all meaningless combinations, only preferd way is not possible . So DJI fix that problem once and for all or remove costumization tab from SW !!

Sorry it was not fixed for mini 2 on a droid phones
5-26 07:07
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

erhatd Posted at 5-26 07:05
Also on the iPhone DJI app one can reverse the motion just not on android.go figure. If u have an N1 Controller one can Programm it with a borrowed iPhone and the go back to the android phone. Voila.bjt with RC controllers and built-in android screen that can it be done

Hi, erhatd. Thank you for reaching out. Sorry, I did not quite understand your request. What do you mean by reverse the motion? Please clarify so that I can forward it to our relevant team. Thank you.
5-29 07:05
Use props
erhard52
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-29 07:05
Hi, erhatd. Thank you for reaching out. Sorry, I did not quite understand your request. What do you mean by reverse the motion? Please clarify so that I can forward it to our relevant team. Thank you.

simple. right now in mode 2 push forward on left stick ascends the drone. on iphone i simply can go to custom mode and swap the ascend and descend button, that is what reverse means. on android or the RC controller which is android OS one can not do that.
so what i and many are wanting from DJI is have a capability to reverse the function for every stick or control wheel simply by adding a REVERSE feature.
if you look at regular transmitters for model airplanes so find exactly that capability. so each pilot can adjust the stick function to his/her liking
5-31 13:40
Use props
lithian
New

Hungary

Exiled FPV Posted at 2023-12-13 02:59

That's completely besides the point. It doesn't matter whether it's called throttle or whatever, customization is a must because pushing forward = descending is the intutive & functional way, and customizing your joytsick controlls shoudle a BASIC feature anyway.

Right now the whole thing is upside down + made for lefties which is absurd. When flying around what you use most, what needs most accurate controll is turning, close second is descending / ascending, so this should be done by the your 'more celer' right hand unless you are a leftie. In practice moving forward is a simple 'push with very little variation, moving sideway is something that's almost never used, far simpler, so these should bne on your left hand. Why is it switched is beyonf me, feels like they are trolling users. Right now it's as if someone forced you to use your desktop PC's mouse with your left hand go try how frustraing it s.
6-5 15:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules