Not connecting to DJI Assistant 2
909 5 2023-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans38ef2ab3
lvl.1

New Zealand

My drone (Mavic 2 Pro) is not recognised by DJI Assistant 2 (v2.1.20)
The drone shows as "unkown device" in device manager. That "unkown device" continually dissapears and reappears every 4 secconds.

I installed DJI Assistant 2 on a 2nd PC with the same result (not connecting, 4 seccond cycle with "unknown device")
The drone does not connect to it's controller.
The drone has worked perfectly before today, no damage history.
The drone powers up, the fans spin up, completes the rotor and gimbal self test as normal.
The controller powers up ok.

The first sign of trouble - a message on the phone app saying the drone had switched to the backup IMU. The camera also seemed to turn on and off.

I can complete the mobile app pairing process (Linking Remote Controller > Primary Remote Controller > Push pairing button on the drone).
I get a success message but the controller will still not connect with the remote.

At first the drone connected to DJI Assistant 2 successfully, it offered firmware updates which seemed to complete ok. I can no longer get the drone to connect with DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks for any guidance.
2023-12-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Clutching at straws, remove the memory card from the drone ?
2023-12-20
Use props
fans38ef2ab3
lvl.1

New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-20 14:52
Clutching at straws, remove the memory card from the drone ?

Yea, that was one of the first things I tried. Thanks.
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Please uninstall the current version on your computer and please install the correct version using the link below. If the issue persists, please use a different USB communication cable to connect the drone to the computer to further isolate the problem. Let us know the result. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic
2023-12-20
Use props
fans38ef2ab3
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-20 21:00
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Please uninstall the current version on your computer and please install the correct version using the link below. If the issue persists, please use a different USB communication cable to connect the drone to the computer to further isolate the problem. Let us know the result. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

Thanks for the reply.

I have uninstalled v2.1.20 and installed v2.0.14 from your link.
I have also tried two different USB cables and ports.
I have the same problem, the drone is not listed in DJI Assistant 2.
The "unknown device" in device manager is still cycling (shows for 4 seconds, disappears for 4 seconds)

2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans38ef2ab3 Posted at 12-20 23:00
Thanks for the reply.

I have uninstalled v2.1.20 and installed v2.0.14 from your link.

Thank you for your response. Please try to use a different computer and install the V2.04.14 then check if the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules