Dji Mavic 3 Unbinding
544 7 2023-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6d34d587
lvl.1

Switzerland

Lovely Community and Dji Team

I bought a drone longer time ago from a Second-Hand person. It was the Drone of his brother, which has passed aways sadly. Now i figured out that the Drone already was bound to the Mail of his brother. The brother do not know anything about Dji or Drones since he is older and just wanted to sell that drone. He aswell do not know or recognize the Mail of his brother that passed away.

Now i‘am in the very bad position to not be able to use the drone - even i‘am a very loyal Dji Customer that always had the newest models from DJI.

My suggestion is to not complicate the case even more:

1. Dji please send an E-Mail to the Bound-E-Mail Account.
2. There will be no answer since the Mail is from the passed away brother.
3. Therefor DJI can deactivate the Account - if no answer within 5 businessdays - or just unbind the Account from my Drone. Surely i can send you older recipe as a proof of purchase.

I beg DJI to help me out in this Case. Only - and again ONLY(!)- with the help of you DJI i can solve this case.

Best wishes
2023-12-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry that we can not unbind the account for you without the permission from the original owner. Considering the situation you are in, we recommend you contact the brother of the owner and let him contact our support and provided us with the information we needed. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage
2023-12-22
Use props
fans6d34d587
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-22 23:02
Hello, there. We are sorry that we can not unbind the account for you without the permission from the original owner. Considering the situation you are in, we recommend you contact the brother of the owner and let him contact our support and provided us with the information we needed. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage

Hello Wanda

Thanks alot for your reply.

Sadly the answer is not useful if you would know the situation.

The brother from him is not young. He is a older men that does not use iPhones, Drones and Internet like us.  Even i asked him when i purchased the drone from his dead brother, he said, that he has absolutely no information about the Drone or the Mail or Password.

That‘s why the only way to unbind will be:

1. Directly unbind

or

2. Sent an E-Mail to the bound Mail and ask for unbind. There will be nobody answering because the mail is from the dead brother and only him had access so after 3-5 Business days you can just unbind.

Please help me out.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans6d34d587 Posted at 12-23 02:10
Hello Wanda

Thanks alot for your reply.

We are sorry that if he can not provide the information of the original owner, we can not help you with the unbinding.
2023-12-23
Use props
fans6d34d587
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-23 03:59
We are sorry that if he can not provide the information of the original owner, we can not help you with the unbinding.

Hello Wanda

By the law it should be possible with a power of attorney from the brother. So i don‘t know why DJI is doing this so extremely complicated while i have a proof of purchase, the permission from the brother and the drone by itself. It just absolutely not costumer-friendly and ununderstandable.

This is for sure not fair!
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans6d34d587 Posted at 12-23 04:04
Hello Wanda

By the law it should be possible with a power of attorney from the brother. So i don‘t know why DJI is doing this so extremely complicated while i have a proof of purchase, the permission from the brother and the drone by itself. It just absolutely not costumer-friendly and ununderstandable.

We are sorry that we can not unbind the drone without permission from the original owner. If his relatives can not provide us with valid information, we are unable to help you, too. Kindly understand that.
2023-12-25
Use props
fans6d34d587
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello Wanda

Sorry to be now a bit annoied but do you understand that by the law i‘am the new legal owner, and with that i‘ve the full right to do with my ownership whatever i want.

I have the permission from the old holder on paper - which i can send - aswell i‘ve the proof of purchase and the power of authority with signatures. In addition i‘ve a letter of authority for the DJI Support to remove the binding with signature.

I‘am not sure in what kind if country or what kind of company need more then this, to remove a simple mail. That‘s ridicilous. It‘s easier to buy a house, then removing a dji Account it seems. I‘am going to force this by law, since i‘ve all necessary paper!
2023-12-25
Use props
traciej73
New

United States

fans6d34d587 Posted at 2023-12-25 04:01
Hello Wanda

Sorry to be now a bit annoied but do you understand that by the law i‘am the new legal owner, and with that i‘ve the full right to do with my ownership whatever i want.

Hi Wanda, did you ever have any luck? I am in sorta the same situation. My boyfriend was given a Mavic 3 Classic from a friend, before he removed himself from the drone, he died. It is crazy that that they can't/won't/aren't able to simply remove the account. I mean, how do they do a referb on them, if they don't have any info? I think what you say about e-mailing the previous owner and waiting a couple days is a great idea.  My b.f. is also a devoted DJI patron. Best of luck! Tracie
2-2 13:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules