Osmo Pocket 3 Gimbal Protection Error
7973 9 2023-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Earth Monkey
lvl.1

Canada

My Osmo Pocket 3 is brand new, i've used it a few times around the house thats it.... yet out of no where it just comes up with "Gimbal Protection" with the recenter button doing nothing. Swiping left and right does nothing, record button and joystick does nothing, attaching it to dji mimo app does nothing. I now have a $1000 chunk of worthless tech in my house that is brand new.

Also I have the newest firmware which I updated about 2 weeks ago.
DSC00705 copy.jpg
2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please try the steps below?
1. Please verify if the product is undergoing continuous power cycles (the gimbal is powered on and off continuously within 3 seconds or powered on and off repeatedly within a short period).
( Due to the large thrust required for locking and unlocking the gimbal, continuous output in a short period may result in the inability to unlock or lock the gimbal tightly. It is recommended not to frequently power on or off the device.)
2. Please confirm if the device has been stored below 0 degrees or if the current ambient temperature is below 0 degrees.
( When the ambient temperature drops below 0℃ or when the product is brought indoors from
a 0℃ environment, the gimbal axis lock may become difficult to release. It is recommended to use the product within the operating temperature range to avoid such situations.)
3. Power off the device, and check if there are any foreign objects (e.g. sand) between the axis arms. If yes, clean off the objects and restart the gimbal.
Have a nice day.
2023-12-30
Use props
Earth Monkey
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 12-30 00:19
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please try the steps below?
1. Please verify if the product is undergoing continuous power cycles (the gimbal is powered on and off continuously within 3 seconds or powered on and off repeatedly within a short period).
( Due to the large thrust required for locking and unlocking the gimbal, continuous output in a short period may result in the inability to unlock or lock the gimbal tightly. It is recommended not to frequently power on or off the device.)

After going to bed and waking up it work again but I need to know why it does this? I can't be out in the field and have the camera stop working.

The device is stored indoor at 17 degrees C.

No obstructions, no dirt or anything.

If this problem continues will I get a new pocket 3 free of charge?
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Earth Monkey Posted at 12-30 10:26
After going to bed and waking up it work again but I need to know why it does this? I can't be out in the field and have the camera stop working.

The device is stored indoor at 17 degrees C.

Hi, Earth Monkey. We understand the inconvenience. If the issue continues, we suggest sending it back for inspection and to fix it. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-31
Use props
KellerCommunications
lvl.1
United States

I encountered the same error, followed the instructions above and could not see any debris or physical damage. I tried to calibrate the gimbal but that failed. Finally in frustration I gently rotated the gimbal in a full cycle and suddenly the error resolved and the camera is back to working normally.
It is clear this mode is in response to either an impact, forced rotation, or debris. It's frustrating that there are no clear steps to resolution from that error message.
If anyone else has this problem try my troubleshooting method before you return your camera.
3-29 09:13
Use props
Solveira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1416224 ft
Portugal

Same problem here, a new one, open the box, switch on and Gimball Protection error!  
20240422_221659.jpg
4-22 13:54
Use props
djiuser_fgsGYOKd9Bmu
lvl.3

Malaysia

Solveira Posted at 4-22 13:54
Same problem here, a new one, open the box, switch on and Gimball Protection error!

Here are the steps you can follow to address the issue with the DJI device's gimbal:

1.Start by clicking on the camera view screen. This action should prompt the gimbal to automatically return to its normal working state.

2.If the gimbal issue persists, power off the gimbal and carefully inspect whether there are any foreign objects, such as sand or stones, lodged between the axis arms. If you find any foreign objects, clean them out and then restart the gimbal.

3.If the problem continues even after performing the above steps, it is recommended to advise the customer to return their device for further testing and examination.

Please note that the DJI device enters the "Gimbal protected" state when it experiences external force. It's worth mentioning that if video recording is in progress, it will not be interrupted by the gimbal issue.
4-22 19:15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Solveira Posted at 4-22 13:54
Same problem here, a new one, open the box, switch on and Gimball Protection error!

Hi there. Have you already tried the procedures above in reply 2#? You can also try tapping "Recenter" or manually rotate the gimbal to unlock it from the stored position. If this issue occurs every time you power it on without being influenced by low temperatures and if it feels noticeably stuck and the gimbal is unable to rotate we suggest sending back the unit. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
4-22 21:33
Use props
fans817ba250
New

United States

Now I have the same problem. I’m at Disneyland and so mad that this happened right now. I was recording a parade and when I shut off I got the gimbal protection error and now it won’t work. I reset all my settings to factory default and same thing. This is very upsetting especially for the amount I paid. I’ve tried the steps above, so I have no choice but to put it away. Ruined my day at Disneyland!!
5-17 18:43
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans817ba250 Posted at 5-17 18:43
Now I have the same problem. I’m at Disneyland and so mad that this happened right now. I was recording a parade and when I shut off I got the gimbal protection error and now it won’t work. I reset all my settings to factory default and same thing. This is very upsetting especially for the amount I paid. I’ve tried the steps above, so I have no choice but to put it away. Ruined my day at Disneyland!!

Hi there. We suggest sending the unit back to DJI for further checking. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a nice day
5-17 22:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules