Brand new DJI FPV from Best Buy activation error (1112)
782 17 1-12 21:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

Hi,
My girlfriend got me the DJI FPV from Best Buy (Canada) for my birthday. However, when I tried to activate it, I received the message: "Device activation prohibited. Contact DJI Support for assistance (1112).

We do have the receipt, but the drone was purchased more than a month ago, and I was unable to activate it earlier due to our holiday visit to relatives. We're now beyond the return date. What should I do? Why is this happening? This is my first drone and first DJI product.

I read that many people had the same problem and DJI recommended to contact the seller, but we're past the return date!
Please, help.

IMG_0008.PNG

1-12 21:42
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

So, my girlfriend contacted BestBuy Canada, and they informed her that it's now only our issue, suggesting we should contact the manufacturer. They said that only the manufacturer, in this case, DJI, can assist us.

1-12 22:12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the troubles you experienced. Could you please tell me the serial number of the FPV for confirmation?
1-12 22:27
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Susan, I just sent you a message with the serial number. Please let me know if you need the receipt from Best Buy.
1-12 22:39
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

I can also post the serial number here, can I do that? I took a photo of it.
1-12 22:44
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

I just checked my serial number here: https://service.dji.com/device/search?lang=en&re=ca

And it says "Warning. The device is currently experiencing an abnormal state and may not be activated or used properly.".
What do I do? What does it mean? I cannot return it as Best Buy says I should solve this with the manufacturer.
1-12 23:15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andrew2023 Posted at 1-12 23:15
I just checked my serial number here: https://service.dji.com/device/search?lang=en&re=ca

And it says "Warning. The device is currently experiencing an abnormal state and may not be activated or used properly.".

I received your PM, please rest assured, I am having the team to check on it, I will keep you updated once there is an update.
1-13 00:05
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Susan, I have an update. Today, I went to Best Buy located at 65 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5G 2C3.

I spoke to a team lead, Luis, who was very helpful. He said that if DJI will not be able to activate the drone, they should provide an official response regarding why the drone cannot be activated, and only then they will facilitate an exchange.

He instructed me to obtain the official response/explanation on the drone issue and forward all correspondence to his email.

Could you please assist with this as soon as your team has more information? I really appreciate your help with this matter.
1-13 16:15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Andrew2023 Posted at 1-13 16:15
Hi Susan, I have an update. Today, I went to Best Buy located at 65 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5G 2C3.

I spoke to a team lead, Luis, who was very helpful. He said that if DJI will not be able to activate the drone, they should provide an official response regarding why the drone cannot be activated, and only then they will facilitate an exchange.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If Bestbuy needs an official email for the activation issue, you are advised to contact our email support for help. Email address: support@dji.com Should you have any inquiries later, please let us know.
1-14 03:16
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Wanda, thank you for the reply. I just sent an email to support@dji.com
1-14 07:13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Andrew2023 Posted at 1-14 07:13
Hi Wanda, thank you for the reply. I just sent an email to

Hi, Andrew. Thanks for the update. We'll communicate it to team to further assist you regarding the matter. Thanks for your patience.
1-14 10:20
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

Hi all, I apologize if I'm being bothersome, but could you please provide me with an update today? I understand that your working hours are in GMT+8, right? If you could share the update, I can plan my visit to BestBuy in the morning/lunch time on my end. Please, understand that the urgency is due to being past the refund date, and I'm feeling anxious as the product is not cheap. I really appreciate your team working on this matter.
1-14 18:06
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andrew2023 Posted at 1-14 18:06
Hi all, I apologize if I'm being bothersome, but could you please provide me with an update today? I understand that your working hours are in GMT+8, right? If you could share the update, I can plan my visit to BestBuy in the morning/lunch time on my end. Please, understand that the urgency is due to being past the refund date, and I'm feeling anxious as the product is not cheap. I really appreciate your team working on this matter.

Hi there, I just sent you a PM, could you please check it out?
1-14 20:17
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

Hello, Susan and everyone on the amazing DJI team! Thank you very much for helping me activate the drone in such a short time! I really appreciate your help ❤️
1-14 21:02
Use props
Andrew2023
lvl.2
Canada

I was able to start the motors! WOW, this is amazing! My first EVER drone

Can't wait until I go fly in the mountains, but first I'll try to fly on a simulator before the real flight.

THANK YOU very much one more time Susan and the DJI team, you've been amazing in helping me with this matter. And I'm sorry if I was a bit annoying with messages.
1-14 21:21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andrew2023 Posted at 1-14 21:21
I was able to start the motors! WOW, this is amazing! My first EVER drone
Can't wait until I go fly in the mountains, but first I'll try to fly on a simulator before the real flight.
THANK YOU very much one more time Susan and the DJI team, you've been amazing in helping me with this matter. And I'm sorry if I was a bit annoying with messages.

Thank you very much for your update, I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved.
Practice makes perfect indeed. Happy and safe flying!
And should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
1-14 22:32
Use props
djiuser_McJOSkUkWeIA
New

United Kingdom

Any help I have the same issue on a mini 3
5-18 08:10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_McJOSkUkWeIA Posted at 5-18 08:10
Any help I have the same issue on a mini 3

Hi there, could you please provide us with the serial number of your drone to check more details. You send it through PM.
5-18 22:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules