Feature Request
501 3 2-1 06:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Merchant
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I am a new DJI customer and first time drone hobyyist!

I have a Mini 4 Pro, RC2 controller, Integra goggles, and motion controller.

I just thought a good feature recommendation would be to allow users to natively fly the drone with the RC2 while maintaining full control/video feed and simultaneously broadcasting the video feed to the goggles (view only; without forcing the use of the motion controller).

My 4 year old son loves watching me fly the drone on the RC screen. I just thought it would be really cool to be able to let him wear the goggles while I fly - that would blow his little mind! This also would help create an immersive experience for those like myself who prefer to control the drone with the sticks, but want that FPV with it.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Mark M
2-1 06:14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Mark. Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2-1 17:42
Use props
Echogolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12759 ft
United Kingdom

My suggestion is related to this, and I'd like to add:

I've just bought Mini 4 pro + RC2 + Goggles 3 + RC Motion 3. I'm *loving it*.
I love flying with the Goggles 3 and RC Motion 3. It is so intuitive and fun. I'm less confident with the RC2 but this controller has the greater functionality for filmmaking and far more precise and steady.
I do want to do filmmaking with all of the special shot features and functions of the RC2.
I'd like to be able to switch controllers while flying so I can fly to my filming location with the RC Motion 3 + Goggles 3 then switch to the RC2 + Goggles 3 when at my filming location.
Then when using the RC2 with the Goggles 3 I'd like to have the Goggles display the usual screen from the RC2. To operate, have the RC2 screen work like a touchpad with mouse pointer displayed within the Goggles 3. Tap on the RC2 screen to select the desired options or perhaps program one of the C1 or C2 buttons.
Switch back to the Goggles 3 + RC Motion 3 to fly back having completed filming.
Another great enhancement for those with the RC2 + Goggles 3 would be a mode where the RC2 screen works  like the motion controller. Have left (or right) stick as forward and reverse. Side finger on the screen down and up for climb and descend, side finger left and right for turn left and right. Use the other stick on RC2 for vertical up/down and crab left/right as with the joystick on the RC Motion 3.
I've just done some testing while the Mini 4 pro was first on the bench, then rotors turning, then taken off and hovering. It's certainly possible to switch controllers by first turning on the desired controller, connecting within the group and then turning off the undesired controller. All I then need to be able to do is display the RC2 display within the Goggles 3 with the mouse function of the touchpad.

That would be awesome!

Thank you.

5-26 03:11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Echogolf Posted at 5-26 03:11
My suggestion is related to this, and I'd like to add:

I've just bought Mini 4 pro + RC2 + Goggles 3 + RC Motion 3. I'm *loving it*.

We appreciate you explaining how it would help you out. While that feature isn’t currently in our development roadmap, our engineers we'll surely be working on its possibilities that includes improvements and will be helpful for the majority of our customers. However, we wish to inform you that there is no guarantee this will be featured. We appreciate you for taking the time in bringing this to our attention.
5-26 08:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules