Video transmission lag on pixel 8
892 15 2-11 13:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adr3
lvl.1

United States

The lag of the video feed from my mavic2 to my pixel8 running the DJI GO 4 app connected to my remote control is so laggy that it is unuseable.

If I swap out the pixel 8 for my old pixel 3, there is no lag at all and the experience is perfect.

The version of the DJI GO 4 app on both the pixel 3 and the pixel 8 is the same - 4.3.60, so that's not the problem.

If anyone else seen this, or has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!
2-11 13:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. May I confirm if you managed to test with a different cable? Please try to use a different port located below the remote controller and make sure to remove the RC cable located on the left side for further testing. You may see the image below for your reference.

2-12 00:45
Use props
Newton Monteiro
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 00:45
Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. May I confirm if you managed to test with a different cable? Please try to use a different port located below the remote controller and make sure to remove the RC cable located on the left side for further testing. You may see the image below for your reference.

[view_image]
I have exactly same problems, I try use my Pixel 8 pro with Mavic 2 pro controller with Dji go 4, and the video have enormous lag, I tested with Samsung Galaxy A15 with Android 14 and works fine, but the Pixel 8 pro have this issues. I use in the primary and secondary USB port and video lag persist on both.
3-10 02:34
Use props
Newton Monteiro
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 00:45

[view_image]

Let me remember the Mavic 2 pro doesn't works on the best 2024 Mobile Phone according MWC 2024’s

Link https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2024/03/08/android-news-headlines-pixel-8-pro-galaxy-s24-ultra-nothing-phone-2a-moto-galaxy-ring/#amp_tf=De%20%251%24s&aoh=17100675356859&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com
3-10 02:51
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Newton Monteiro Posted at 3-10 02:34
I have exactly same problems, I try use my Pixel 8 pro with Mavic 2 pro controller with Dji go 4, and the video have enormous lag, I tested with Samsung Galaxy A15 with Android 14 and works fine, but the Pixel 8 pro have this issues. I use in the primary and secondary USB port and video lag persist on both.

Hi, Newton. Thank you for reaching out. We are working on compatibility for every new phone as possible. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible). Compatibility tests might take a while but we would like to ask for a sample footage from you for us to check. We also need the following information below:

1) Mobile device model;
2) A screenshot of the mobile device system version;
3) A video showing the issue;
4) App logs;
5) The times when the most recent faults were detected.

How to export log files from the app:
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” appears on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.
3. Find the file path for logs of the corresponding app as required. (internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG)
4. Copy and paste the entire “LOG” file folder to the local drive and add the file folder to the compressed folder.
3-14 05:27
Use props
Newton Monteiro
lvl.1

Brazil

I appreciate your efforts in ensuring compatibility with new devices.

I'd like to emphasize that the Pixel 8 Pro was released in October of last year, and it's now March. This issue has persisted for several months, making it difficult for Pixel 8 Pro owners to enjoy the full functionality of their DJI drones.

I understand that compatibility testing can be a complex process, but I'm concerned about the lack of progress in resolving this issue. I'm confident that providing a video demonstrating the lag and other requested information will help your team identify and address the root cause.

I'm eager to see this issue resolved so that I can safely and fully enjoy my DJI drone with my Pixel 8 Pro.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
3-14 17:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Newton Monteiro Posted at 3-14 17:05
I appreciate your efforts in ensuring compatibility with new devices.

I'd like to emphasize that the Pixel 8 Pro was released in October of last year, and it's now March. This issue has persisted for several months, making it difficult for Pixel 8 Pro owners to enjoy the full functionality of their DJI drones.

Hello, Newton. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable feedback and suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
3-14 19:22
Use props
djiuser_3SjIXe9JO6CD
New
Flight distance : 6434 ft

United States

Update.  Still does not work.
6-4 11:26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_3SjIXe9JO6CD Posted at 6-4 11:26
Update.  Still does not work.

Hi there, could you please tell me the exact issue you encountered?
6-4 18:57
Use props
Newton Monteiro
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 6-4 18:57
Hi there, could you please tell me the exact issue you encountered?

man, after 3 months of explaining what is happening with the video feed on the Pixel 8 pro, a new admin appears asking what is happening?!?! I give up, I saw that this topic is dead
6-9 08:14
Use props
Xavier0
New
France

Hello. Same issue here.

I would like to point that Google Pixel is the main phone of the Android creator. No need to explain the "exact" issue, just use the phone and check, you will see how obvious it is.

Working in technologies , I'm quite surprised that the support team does not anticipate the New Android version, we all do that
6-9 08:20
Use props
adr3
lvl.1

United States

I also work in tech, as a software engineer, and this support is pretty pathetic.  As another user pointed out the Pixel is the freaking flagship Google Android phone.  Having it not work out of the gate is pretty bad, but continuing to ignore reports of it not working is absurd.

Please address this issue, DJI.
6-9 09:00
Use props
adr3
lvl.1

United States

I also posted this here https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/s/bW87D21Qdc
6-9 12:10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Newton Monteiro Posted at 6-9 08:14
man, after 3 months of explaining what is happening with the video feed on the Pixel 8 pro, a new admin appears asking what is happening?!?! I give up, I saw that this topic is dead

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We will provide your mobile phone model to DJI engineers and will check your mobile phone compatibility and adaption first. However, checking for compatibility requires time, and we are unable to give you a specific reply at the moment. If your mobile phone is confirmed to be compatible, we will add the model to the Mobile Phone Compatibility List. Please keep an eye out for updates to the Mobile Phone Compatibility List on the DJI official website. Thank you for your understanding and support, and thank you again for your support and recommendations for our products.
6-9 19:29
Use props
Newton Monteiro
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 6-9 19:29
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. The video transmission delay you mentioned refers to the delay in image transmission or the problem of video download speed. If there is a delay in image transmission, you can try to use another mobile phone to compare the image transmission pictures of the mobile phone when manually turning the aircraft to see the degree of delay. If you have other models of mobile phones, you can cross-test them.
When? any deadline?
Screenshot_20240610-033410.png
6-9 23:37
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello. We are very sorry for the bad service experience you have experienced. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
6-9 23:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules