Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_n9GafEu35LH3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88248 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Team & Pilots

i purchased my avata 2 few days and noticed if i change from normal to wide or utra wide my fov stays the same it doesnt change !

i tried restarting the drone did all the fw that was released etc nothing cures it.

I would love some input
4-20 13:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Avata 2 does not support real-time image correction. The live view adopts the Wide-Angle shooting angle. However, the recorded footage correction is supported. The shooting angle is set to Standard by default before delivery. You can open the goggles menu and go to Settings > Camera > Camera FOV for adjustment. Have a great day ahead.
4-20 19:07
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

since it is possible there will be googles from dji named goggles v3 that hasn't yet launched, it is proper to refer to the goggles which come with the avata 2 package currently as goggles 3, not v3.
4-20 19:33
Use props
Arri_fpv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-20 19:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Avata 2 does not support real-time image correction. The live view adopts the Wide-Angle shooting angle. However, the recorded footage correction is supported. The shooting angle is set to Standard by default before delivery. You can open the goggles menu and go to Settings > Camera > Camera FOV for adjustment. Have a great day ahead.

Hi Tony thank you for reply , that's not really  ideal if u think about it! its hard to know your FOV surroundings when FOV is soo narrow i mean this drone is designed to be flown not Long Range Distance but small sites bandos etc and u need to see where or what is on your left and right , i dont know if im making sense here just soo frustrated with this  
4-21 03:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Arri_fpv Posted at 4-21 03:09
Hi Tony thank you for reply , that's not really  ideal if u think about it! its hard to know your FOV surroundings when FOV is soo narrow i mean this drone is designed to be flown not Long Range Distance but small sites bandos etc and u need to see where or what is on your left and right , i dont know if im making sense here just soo frustrated with this

I understand. I have already submitted your concern to the relevant team to provide them with feedback. Rest assured our team carefully evaluates each feedback to ensure the best possible outcome. Have a nice day.
4-21 03:45
Use props
Arri_fpv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 03:45
I understand. I have already submitted your concern to the relevant team to provide them with feedback. Rest assured our team carefully evaluates each feedback to ensure the best possible outcome. Have a nice day.

Thank you Tony , and now its time to hit the sky )) weather outside is amazing nd filters are set everything is charged xD
4-21 03:47
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

It's the same on Goggles 2 and Integra, which is one of the reasons why FPV Goggles V2 are still technically better (for devices that work with them, which doesn't seem like it will include Avata 2 or O4AU).
4-21 06:53
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Arri_fpv Posted at 4-21 03:47
Thank you Tony , and now its time to hit the sky )) weather outside is amazing nd filters are set everything is charged xD

You are most welcome. If you are interested to learn more about the Goggles 3, you can get the user manual here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Goggles_3/DJI_Goggles_3_User_Manual_EN.pdf or visit the Avata 2 page at https://www.dji.com/global/avata-2. Feel free to let us know if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
4-22 02:42
Use props
Evoq
lvl.2

United States

would this be hardware limitation ? if anyone knows or software related, weird seeing zoomed in view while the drone can record diffrent type fov
i just tried the new goggles 3 with avata at nab and yeah it looks way zoomed in compared to v2.
4-25 03:31
Use props
djiuser_Q7aDkXPqTA7J
lvl.1
Lithuania

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 03:45

Hey Tony, could you provide information if fov could be  enlarged via firmware update? Is it possible? Tbh, when i bought avata 2, i thought i would have experience like oculus quest 2, but…….it really doesnt feel like immersive flight at all..now i consider thinking of if it is possible to make return after test flights…
5-3 14:24
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

djiuser_Q7aDkXPqTA7J Posted at 5-3 14:24
Hey Tony, could you provide information if fov could be  enlarged via firmware update? Is it possible? Tbh, when i bought avata 2, i thought i would have experience like oculus quest 2, but…….it really doesnt feel like immersive flight at all..now i consider thinking of if it is possible to make return after test flights…

You can return any DJI products within 14 days of receiving them if bought from their web shop even if used as long as they aren't damaged or tampered with. Go to your order and click "apply for after-sales" next to the product.
5-3 23:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Q7aDkXPqTA7J Posted at 5-3 14:24

Hi there. We deeply regret that we fell short of your expectations. We can't tell yet if it will be optimized on future firmware updates but I'll submit your feedback to the designated team for awareness. We appreciate your patience.
5-4 03:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules