913 22 4-27 07:21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268530 ft

United States

I will appreciate any suggestions regarding the following:
I'm having a problem with taking off in manual  mode with the Avata2.
I followed every step to switching to manual mode  yet it shoots backwards and when I press the Start button twice, nothing  happens. I have to pull both sticks down to take off and then it flies  backwards. I can strat with the switch in normal, sport and manual and it still flies backwards.

When I adjusted the screws I made sure  the sticks were centered. I thought it may be that I was in the wrong  mode but that's not the case because I have tried both modes and still  it shoots backwards.
I'm sure I started with the trottle down when I press twice the start button but even then why would it fly backwards?
I have everything as required and yet the  drone shoots backwards and the start button doesn't work when I press  twice while set in manual mode.  
I only tighten the F1 & F2 only on the throttle and ensuring the sticks are "centered" then going to the remote controller and unchecking the
"manual altitude" setting. When I switched all the settings back to factory, it flies perfectly.
Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration. HFTA.

4-27 07:21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. BEfore the first flight of DJI Avata 2 in Manual mode, perform the following operations:

1. Power on DJI Avata 2, DJI Goggles 3, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 3, and complete linking.
2. In the goggles view, go to Settings > Control > Remote Controller and set Custom Mode to Manual Mode.
3. Open the protection cover behind the throttle stick and adjust the screw until the throttle stick does not re-center automatically for more accurate control and a better flight experience.
4. Switch to the Manual mode for your flight.

Pay attention to the following items:

1. The Manual mode is a fully manual control mode. Compared with the Normal mode and Sport mode, this mode presents greater control complexity. In Manual mode, the drone does not hover automatically. Please practice thoroughly on the simulator before operating your drone in Manual mode.
2. While operating the drone, it is advisable to avoid performing sideways maneuvers or U-turns at high speeds, such as sharp lateral drifts or rapid turns on windy days. If the flight altitude exceeds 5 m, in the case of a drone attitude anomaly, DJI Avata 2 will trigger an emergency brake.

3. When using Manual mode for the first time, the maximum attitude of the aircraft will be limited. After you are familiar with flying in Manual mode, the attitude restriction can be disabled in the goggles: Go to Settings > Control > Remote Controller > Gain & Expo > M Mode Attitude Limit.
4-27 19:15
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100308 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Sounds like your right stick might be a bit off? Try calibrating it from the goggle menu.
4-28 01:37
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

fichek Posted at 4-28 01:37
Sounds like your right stick might be a bit off? Try calibrating it from the goggle menu.

Thanks, and I think you are right that I may have "tighten the throttle too much"?  I will definitely check that out.
4-28 10:13
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 19:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. BEfore the first flight of DJI Avata 2 in Manual mode, perform the following operations:

1. Power on DJI Avata 2, DJI Goggles 3, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 3, and complete linking.

Hi Paladin, I have followed the setup instructions as indicated. I don't understand why pressing twice on the start button does not arm the drone. I tried starting the up in both modes but it does not respond.
I have checked again that the manual mode setup was done correctly. I will make sure this time to follow your advice regarding that the Avata2 does not automatically hover. I may have had the throttle all the way down which maybe causing it to take off backwards? Yet, when it was "flying backwards" and I moved the stick to go forward it still flew backwards. So it maybe be something with over tightening the throttle?
I have not considered starting in Normal mode which I will try next time. I did uncheck the "altitude limit" in the remote controller but for starting up, that should not have any effect.
Lastly, I have been flying RC planes for years and I have been using the "Liftoff" in the simulator only in
ACRO/Manual) for over 3 weeks with great success. Lastly, I can only surmise that the issue may lie with the stick adjustment. I will try again this week and get back to everyone. Thank you for your time and consideration.
4-28 10:34
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Assuming you have modified your throttle to remove the spring tension, you want the throttle all the way down when you start the motors.  Otherwise the motors start & immediately jump to half throttle, causing it to lift off immediately.  Calibrate the RC sticks & see if things improve.

Are you sure you altered the throttle & not the reverse stick?  If you are in Mode 2 it will be the left stick that needs modding.
4-28 10:35
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-28 10:35
Assuming you have modified your throttle to remove the spring tension, you want the throttle all the way down when you start the motors.  Otherwise the motors start & immediately jump to half throttle, causing it to lift off immediately.  Calibrate the RC sticks & see if things improve.

Are you sure you altered the throttle & not the reverse stick?  If you are in Mode 2 it will be the left stick that needs modding.

DB, I did tighten the left stick (F1 & F2) and I'm flying in Mode 2.
I'm going to try tomorrow to follow your advice and make sure the throttle is all the way down.
Does it matter if I start up in Normal or Manual mode? I cannot remember if the switch was started in
N or M mode, so I will follow-up on that tomorrow. Thank you for your time and consideration.
I'll be back with the results soon.
4-28 10:43
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cacike47 Posted at 4-28 10:43
DB, I did tighten the left stick (F1 & F2) and I'm flying in Mode 2.
I'm going to try tomorrow to follow your advice and make sure the throttle is all the way down.
Does it matter if I start up in Normal or Manual mode? I cannot remember if the switch was started in

Many people lift off in Normal mode then switch to Manual once airborne, but you can do it either way.  Just make sure the throttle is all the way down BEFORE you start the motors.  If you start the motors with the throttle up it will immediately go to that throttle setting.
4-28 12:25
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Luckily it will not start the motors unless throttle is all the way down
4-28 14:10
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

fichek Posted at 4-28 14:10

There's chance the problem may be solved, I had ordered a set of hex screwdrivers because I didn't feel confident tightening the throttle with the one that came with the Avata2 . The new hex screw drivers came in a little after my last post and whad'ya know, the throttle stick for F1 was hardly tighten.
The F2, need a little more tightening but not much. I really hope that and the advice everyone provide will resolve the issue.
Again thanks, everyone for your time and consideration. I'll be back tomorrow evening (EST) and let you know how it went. HFTA
4-28 15:08
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-28 12:25
Many people lift off in Normal mode then switch to Manual once airborne, but you can do it either way.  Just make sure the throttle is all the way down BEFORE you start the motors.  If you start the motors with the throttle up it will immediately go to that throttle setting.

There's chance the problem may be solved, I had ordered a set of hex screwdrivers because I didn't feel confident tightening the throttle with the one that came with the Avata2 . The new hex screw drivers came in a little after my last post and whad'ya know, the throttle stick for F1 was hardly tighten.
The F2, need a little more tightening but not much. I really hope that and the advice everyone provide will resolve the issue.
Again thanks, everyone for your time and consideration. I'll be back tomorrow evening (EST) and let you know how it went. HFTA
4-28 15:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cacike47 Posted at 4-28 10:34
Hi Paladin, I have followed the setup instructions as indicated. I don't understand why pressing twice on the start button does not arm the drone. I tried starting the up in both modes but it does not respond.
I have checked again that the manual mode setup was done correctly. I will make sure this time to follow your advice regarding that the Avata2 does not automatically hover. I may have had the throttle all the way down which maybe causing it to take off backwards? Yet, when it was "flying backwards" and I moved the stick to go forward it still flew backwards. So it maybe be something with over tightening the throttle?
I have not considered starting in Normal mode which I will try next time. I did uncheck the "altitude limit" in the remote controller but for starting up, that should not have any effect.

We appreciate your response. You may also follow the suggestion of DB under post #6. Please keep us posted with the result and if you experience any issues, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
4-29 03:07
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 19:15

1. Power on DJI Avata 2, DJI Goggles 3, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 3, and complete linking.

I expect as with all other posts that this updated post will be available for all who helped me with this issue. I just ended my support called with a very knowledgeable, courteous and patient DJI support tech named "Hadi".  She deserved the "five" ratings for sure.
I had to give in and call support because this morning tightening the sticks, did not solve the problem.
The solution required that I have to fly in Mode 2 with the throttle on the right stick.
I'm happy to adjust to the right stick (mode 2)... although that's not the mode that I fly my RC planes.
I was informed that Mode 2 is the "default" mode and cannot be changed.
Then why list customization to Mode 1,2 or 3?  
Question, is there a way to get to fly manual with the throttle with the left stick? and not have the Avata2 fly off backwards??  For whatever reason, I was told by DJI, that this is the "default" setting and cannot be changed. Please let me know if it's possible to have the throttle on the left side in manual mode and what mode (1, 2 or 3?) can work with that. I guess for now, I will have to adjust to flying manual mode with the throttle on the right stick unless some knows how to switch sides. Thanks to everyone who pitched in.
4-29 10:53
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

fichek Posted at 4-28 14:10

Fichek, sending this to you and to DB although, I expect as with all other posts that this updated post will be available for all who helped me with this issue. I just ended my support called with a very knowledgeable, courteous and patient DJI support tech named "Hadi".  She deserved the "five" ratings for sure.
I had to give in and call support because this morning tightening the sticks, did not solve the problem.
The solution required that I have to fly in Mode 2 with the throttle on the right stick.
I'm happy to adjust to the right stick (mode 2)... although that's not the mode that I fly my RC planes.
Question, is there a way to get to fly manual with the throttle with the left stick? and not have the Avata2 fly off backwards??  For whatever reason, I was told by DJI, that this is the "default" setting and cannot be changed. Please let me know if it's possible to have the throttle on the left side in manual mode and what mode (1, 2 or 3?) can work with that. I guess for now, I will have to adjust to flying manual mode with the throttle on the right stick unless some knows how to switch sides. Thanks to everyone who pitched in.
4-29 10:58
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Many people lift off in Normal mode then switch to Manual once airborne, but you can do it either way.  Just make sure the throttle is all the way down BEFORE you start the motors.  If you start the motors with the throttle up it will immediately go to that throttle setting.

DB,  sending this to you, although, I expect as with all other posts that this updated post will be available for all who helped me with this issue. I just ended my support called with a very knowledgeable, courteous and patient DJI support tech named "Hadi".  She deserved the "five" ratings for sure.
4-29 10:59
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

According to pages 14-15 of the FPVRC3 user manual definitely looks like you can use modes 1/2/3 just like it would appear from the goggle menus (see the note at the bottom of my screenshot):

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 21.38.03.png
4-29 11:40
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

fichek Posted at 4-29 11:40
According to pages 14-15 of the FPVRC3 user manual definitely looks like you can use modes 1/2/3 just like it would appear from the goggle menus (see the note at the bottom of my screenshot):

Sending it back, spoke with two DJI tech support folks today and it just doesn't want to work with the mode1 settings. It will fly backwards. We tried both modes and still the same. I figured it needed to go back because the Start/Stop button never worked when it was in Manual mode for either mode.
The Tech stated that "the Start/Stop button" was only for the motion controller.  I explained that is not what most people are instructing. Anyway, we got it to NOT fly backwards when I switched to mode 2 but the designated throttle for mode 1 was not controlling forward motion the other stick was.  No matter what combination of modes and stick designation it would not work. I'm sending it back for a checkup.
Thank for your help.
4-29 14:14
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Please my new post, I'm sending it to see why it's flying backwards. Thanks for your help.
4-29 14:15
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Cacike47 Posted at 4-29 14:14
Sending it back, spoke with two DJI tech support folks today and it just doesn't want to work with the mode1 settings. It will fly backwards. We tried both modes and still the same. I figured it needed to go back because the Start/Stop button never worked when it was in Manual mode for either mode.
The Tech stated that "the Start/Stop button" was only for the motion controller.  I explained that is not what most people are instructing. Anyway, we got it to NOT fly backwards when I switched to mode 2 but the designated throttle for mode 1 was not controlling forward motion the other stick was.  No matter what combination of modes and stick designation it would not work. I'm sending it back for a checkup.
Thank for your help.

It's unfortunate that DJI reps are so badly informed on these topics, good luck getting it resolved.

As for start/stop not working, it needs your throttle to be all the way down, so if what you thought was supposed to be your throttle wasn't actually physically your throttle due to modes being messed up, maybe that was why. Anyway, hopefully service tech workers can figure it out and send it back correctly setup.
4-29 16:24
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

fichek Posted at 4-29 16:24
It's unfortunate that DJI reps are so badly informed on these topics, good luck getting it resolved.

As for start/stop not working, it needs your throttle to be all the way down, so if what you thought was supposed to be your throttle wasn't actually physically your throttle due to modes being messed up, maybe that was why. Anyway, hopefully service tech workers can figure it out and send it back correctly setup.

Excellent point and observation, unfortunately for me we tried every possibility and got no where.
Well, the little guy just took off to Dallas for inspection. I wrote to them, please ensure the start/stop button works and to test the mode settings. I had it for two weeks and flew it in normal mode for 11 mins before trying Manual. Hopefully they will charge my care refresh I was told they would not as long as it was found to be a defect, which I can understand.
I never got to fly long enough to crash it..yet!
I'll let you know what happens when it gets back.
Thanks for your time and consideration
4-30 08:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cacike47 Posted at 4-29 10:53
I expect as with all other posts that this updated post will be available for all who helped me with this issue. I just ended my support called with a very knowledgeable, courteous and patient DJI support tech named "Hadi".  She deserved the "five" ratings for sure.
The solution required that I have to fly in Mode 2 with the throttle on the right stick.

Hello, Cacike47. Thank you for keeping us posted. After reading the latest post on this thread, I apologize if you came up with a decision to send it in for diagnostics. Rest assured that we will thoroughly check the unit on our facility to find out the main issue and will give you an update 24-48 business hours after we receive the unit. Also, the warranty will be applied depending on the analysis conducted on the unit. We appreciate your kind and understanding.
5-2 20:38
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-2 20:38
Hello, Cacike47. Thank you for keeping us posted. After reading the latest post on this thread, I apologize if you came up with a decision to send it in for diagnostics. Rest assured that we will thoroughly check the unit on our facility to find out the main issue and will give you an update 24-48 business hours after we receive the unit. Also, the warranty will be applied depending on the analysis conducted on the unit. We appreciate your kind and understanding.

Good News.. I received my Avata2 back last week but weather and chores did not allow me to fly it until two days ago. When I got it back, the documents only showed that the remote controller was examined.
At the time, I could not confirm if it was a hardware or software issue, until today when DJI called to see if I was happy with the work that was performed. I asked if it was something I was not doing or was it an issue with one of the devices. I was informed that the remote controller needed to be replaced. I have since flown it in every mode and it works great. My experiences the last four years with DJI products has always been excellent. Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this issue.
5-14 14:49
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cacike47 Posted at 5-14 14:49
Good News.. I received my Avata2 back last week but weather and chores did not allow me to fly it until two days ago. When I got it back, the documents only showed that the remote controller was examined.
At the time, I could not confirm if it was a hardware or software issue, until today when DJI called to see if I was happy with the work that was performed. I asked if it was something I was not doing or was it an issue with one of the devices. I was informed that the remote controller needed to be replaced. I have since flown it in every mode and it works great. My experiences the last four years with DJI products has always been excellent. Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this issue.

We appreciate your feedback, Cacike47. Rest assured that we are always committed to providing the best after-sales services to our consumers. If you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
5-16 20:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules