Avata 2 Control Issue
342 4 5-14 13:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Typhoon_Class
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145135 ft
United Kingdom

I have recently bought an Avata 2, I'm not sure what I've done but the tracking circle is not viisible in the goggles view. It powers up and takes off/lands OK, when I press the trigger all is seems to do is to rotate the drone in the yaw axes. My understanding in the videos is that the drone follows the tracking circle when the trigger is pulled. I've had a Mini 3 Pro for 18 months but this is my first FPV. Any suggestions welcome

5-14 13:59
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100308 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Did you read the manual? There's 2 steps on the RCM3's trigger. First one will actually enable the motion control, and then the circle will appear and pressing it further will go there. Sounds like you're holding the controller at an angle and pressing it slightly to enable motion which will just spin it.
5-14 14:27
Use props
Typhoon_Class
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145135 ft
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-14 14:27
Did you read the manual? There's 2 steps on the RCM3's trigger. First one will actually enable the motion control, and then the circle will appear and pressing it further will go there. Sounds like you're holding the controller at an angle and pressing it slightly to enable motion which will just spin it.

I will try again tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure the circle doesn't appear at either stage of the trigger. Let you know tomorrow.
5-14 14:34
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100308 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Typhoon_Class Posted at 5-14 14:34
I will try again tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure the circle doesn't appear at either stage of the trigger. Let you know tomorrow.

See the "first use" video here: https://www.dji.com/avata-2/video at about 2:50 mark is when they start to talk about using the RCM3 to fly and a few seconds later the two-step trigger is explained.
5-14 14:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Typhoon_Class. In addition to fichek's suggestion above, you may also check this as reference:

DJI Avata 2 Manual - Page 34
5-20 23:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules