Mavic 3M follow the terrain
656 8 5-15 05:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

Good morning, For the Mavic 3M RTK to follow the terrain, is it recommended to take off from the highest point of the terrain
or can I take off from the lowest point?
What is better ?
5-15 05:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, walter_junior. Thank you for reaching out and for asking this question. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. I'll keep you posted.
5-16 06:59
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

Thank you Gamora,
It's very important for me... access to the upper part of the terrain is very difficult and dangerous.
I'm waiting, ok?
5-16 11:17
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Greece

You can start from anywhere. The drone will follow the terrain and you are safe.
The only important thing for me is to have line of sight with the drone in order to have good signal.
5-20 00:16
Use props
fanscf4dddf9
lvl.1

United States

GeorgeEV Posted at 5-20 00:16
You can start from anywhere. The drone will follow the terrain and you are safe.
The only important thing for me is to have line of sight with the drone in order to have good signal.

How does the 3M follow the terrain.   Is it using a map from the internet, just its sensors to determine height or is it getting a DSM/DEM someplace?  I was going to run some tests over some hilly fields and I am curious how to accomplish this.
5-27 15:05
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Greece

Real time follow uses sensors. It works above 30m.
You can use also DEM from internet or your own sources.
Read the manual, it has all the info you need.
5-28 02:49
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

Hi friends,
I need to fly over a mountain and a surrounding valley following the terrain. However, I am limited to 400 feet maximum height and the flight is being disrupted. DJI Pilot 2 won't let me increase this value. How can I solve this problem?
5-28 06:33
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

Ok GeorgeEV, thanks...
But, if the drone flies behind a few trees and obstacles that partially block the view of the flight line for one or two minutes, is the signal interrupted and does it return to the takeoff point?
5-29 03:15
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Greece

Check the other thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D785%26typeid%3D785
I has the info you need.
5-29 03:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now