3210 36 5-18 22:00
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Is there an Air 4 on the Horizon? Reliable leakers have mentioned it on X. Article in the link below.
https://dronexl.co/2024/05/18/dji-air-4-rumors-what-we-know-so-far/?feed_id=4295&_unique_id=6648930c15a68

5-18 22:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you looking forward to our future products. With regard to this, we have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
5-19 00:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt an Air 4 is in the pipeline as DJI continue to innovate.  As rumored, if it has a larger sensor, mechanical shutter and a variable aperture it will push right up against the Mavic 3 pro so no doubt the Mavic 4 pro will have advanced capabilities also.  It seems to fit the pattern of releases like we've become accustomed to and will increase DJI's revenues.  
5-19 06:09
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 06:09
No doubt an Air 4 is in the pipeline as DJI continue to innovate.  As rumored, if it has a larger sensor, mechanical shutter and a variable aperture it will push right up against the Mavic 3 pro so no doubt the Mavic 4 pro will have advanced capabilities also.  It seems to fit the pattern of releases like we've become accustomed to and will increase DJI's revenues.

I found a few more articles on it yesterday. Some rumour it might be called the Air 3S which I think might happen given the Air 2 and Air 2S. Yes, if it has those features then it will be pushing towards the Mavic 3 Pro. In General when these rumours start then a new drone is coming.
5-19 09:54
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-19 00:47
Hi, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you looking forward to our future products. With regard to this, we have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks, I will be keeping both eyes pointed there.
5-19 09:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-19 09:54
I found a few more articles on it yesterday. Some rumour it might be called the Air 3S which I think might happen given the Air 2 and Air 2S. Yes, if it has those features then it will be pushing towards the Mavic 3 Pro. In General when these rumours start then a new drone is coming.

Yes, over the years that has been the pattern for sure.  
5-19 10:24
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1486450 ft
Sweden

And serval of us now understand why there is no update on the app to RC2. My to cent is they are to far in the development for Air 3S.
5-19 13:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They've got to call it Air 3S surely.
5-20 01:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Suren Posted at 5-19 09:54
Thanks, I will be keeping both eyes pointed there.

You're most welcome, Suren. Have a nice day!
5-20 06:46
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 01:21
They've got to call it Air 3S surely.

Given the past trend, that is what is expected.
5-20 09:58
Use props
djkiter78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4241526 ft
Thailand

Unless the Air will become their new flagship I doubt we'll see the next Air before we see the next Mavic Pro.
5-20 18:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-20 09:58
Given the past trend, that is what is expected.

But first I think we'll see a Mini FPV drone of some sort,  either mini FPV or mini Avata.
5-20 22:57
Use props
Gazwas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1010942 ft
United Kingdom

djkiter78 Posted at 5-20 18:11
Unless the Air will become their new flagship I doubt we'll see the next Air before we see the next Mavic Pro.

I’m not so sure.

I personally feel the smaller 1/1.3” Mini 3 sized sensor rather than the previous 1’ Air 2S sensor was a mistake. Then, made worse by releasing the Mini 4 with the exact same camera and sensor specs has probably seriously dented sales of the Air 3.

I know there are many other great features in the Air 3 over the Mini 4 but from a simple image quality perspective, the images shot with the wide cameras on the much cheaper drone are identical.
5-20 23:08
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Gazwas Posted at 5-20 23:08
I’m not so sure.

I personally feel the smaller 1/1.3” Mini 3 sized sensor rather than the previous 1’ Air 2S sensor was a mistake. Then, made worse by releasing the Mini 4 with the exact same camera and sensor specs has probably seriously dented sales of the Air 3.

This is where if they had have included an auto ability to capture the wide angle view with a grid of 70mm images with one button press it would have made the Air 3 a much more feature rich option providing much better image quality for effective 24mm wide angle views once stitched.  Maybe in the Air 4 (3s)
5-21 13:34
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

5-21 14:34
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

5-21 14:34
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

So it seems that its going to be called the Air3S I wonder if these images were just photo shopped and put online
5-21 14:35
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 5-21 14:35
So it seems that its going to be called the Air3S  I wonder if these images were just photo shopped and put online

Think you may be right about those photos being photo shopped.Looks like a Mavic 3 pro with the name removed
5-21 17:59
Use props
OddjobSurveyor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1785581 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 5-21 14:34
[view_image]

Didn't said reliable leakers call that image a hoax?
The source: https://dronedj.com/2024/05/21/s ... by-top-dji-leakers/
5-21 18:03
Use props
Gazwas
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Those are terrible and so poorly done.
5-22 03:13
Use props
Gazwas
lvl.3
United Kingdom

This is definitley the new AIR 3T and not something I've quickly knocked together in PS - Honest!

DJI AIR3T.jpg
5-22 06:43
Use props
Brennan5
lvl.1
United States

I just got a whole Air 3 setup with the FMC and all these extras. It's all still new in box. Should I maybe return it in anticipation of a new Air model?  I have about $1,750 in total in it, so it's a better deal than what a a new Air would be, but is it worth it to save a few buck or go for extra features?
5-22 06:53
Use props
Gazwas
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Brennan5 Posted at 5-22 06:53
I just got a whole Air 3 setup with the FMC and all these extras. It's all still new in box. Should I maybe return it in anticipation of a new Air model?  I have about $1,750 in total in it, so it's a better deal than what a a new Air would be, but is it worth it to save a few buck or go for extra features?

Do you need the drone now?

Happy to wait 3 to 6 months (total guess) for unknown features/improvements?

My opinion is sensor tech has reached a point with each new camera genaration equates to very minimal difference to image quality especially in tiny drone sensors.

At this point the main push for improvements in video IQ is increased detail (resolution) and i just don't see an AIR series drone shooting more than 4K yet.

Is there something you wish the AIR 3 did that an Air 3S/4 might that limits you currently.
5-22 07:17
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Gazwas Posted at 5-22 06:43
This is definitley the new AIR 3T and not something I've quickly knocked together in PS - Honest!

[view_image]

oh yes the new Air3T.ok
5-22 09:10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

[view_image]

Best one yet, Post it on X and make it viral
5-22 09:48
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Brennan5 Posted at 5-22 06:53

It might be a few months before the new Air drops so like mentioned above, if you need one now then keep the Air 3, it is a very capable drone.
5-22 09:49
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 688652 ft
Australia

They might skip a 4 and go straight to Air 5
5-22 15:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

[view_image]

Now that would truly be a beast of a drone.
5-26 04:24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

We will see in some time
Sounds like an interesting drone.
5-29 22:33
Use props
Nightelf_PL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150600 ft
Poland

[view_image]

Air 3 Turbo with Hasselblad camera would be a hit!
I definitely believe you
5-31 00:29
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Wait all the time for the best Drone, then you can live your whole life without a Drone.
5-31 01:33
Use props
Gazwas
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Nightelf_PL Posted at 5-31 00:29
Air 3 Turbo with Hasselblad camera would be a hit!
I definitely believe you

And don’t forget the Cooke F1.2 drone prime lens attached to make it even more cinematic for YouTubers.
IMG_1196.jpeg
5-31 02:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-21 13:34
This is where if they had have included an auto ability to capture the wide angle view with a grid of 70mm images with one button press it would have made the Air 3 a much more feature rich option providing much better image quality for effective 24mm wide angle views once stitched.  Maybe in the Air 4 (3s)

Tthey should have taken your feature request more seriously Bussty.  
5-31 04:05
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 04:05
Tthey should have taken your feature request more seriously Bussty.

Hey Downdown

Yes I do struggle with it a little. DJI must know that given the small format of consumer drones they are up against it to deliver a truly high quality image from the air. Every time I put the drone up I have to accept the fact I'll have to compromise on the resulting stills quality (note this isn't really an issue for video). So this proposal provides that quality in the majority of cases stills photographers would use the drone.

It would mean from a resolution point of view you could create something that would be better than the top of line Mavic 3 Pro for most 24mm stills situations and I think that is probably where the reluctance to provide that ability rests.

Really hope I'm wrong and would be a slap in the face for Air 3 owners if they do bring it out on the Air 4 or Air 3s but don't roll it out for all DJI drones with Tele Lenses (including the top of the line ones)

So I'll carry on waiting and do the best with running 12MP images through Topaz Photo AI for my Mini 3 Pro but it's not really the same.

Cheers

Bussty

P.S. Now up to 98 votes for this feature on the Air 3!!!  If I get to 100 I'll make another big song and dance as that is relatively a lot of support for this feature.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D916%26typeid%3D916
5-31 18:25
Use props
Phatdad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5436296 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 06:09

I decided not to purchase the Air 3 and purchased the Insta360 sphere for my Air 2s to try new things. But now hoping for the Air 4 to appear on the scene!  Had my Mini 3 pro for 2 years and will probably wait for the Mini 5 launch as DJI seem to launch new drone 1.5 years.
yesterday 01:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-31 18:25
Hey Downdown

Yes I do struggle with it a little. DJI must know that given the small format of consumer drones they are up against it to deliver a truly high quality image from the air. Every time I put the drone up I have to accept the fact I'll have to compromise on the resulting stills quality (note this isn't really an issue for video). So this proposal provides that quality in the majority of cases stills photographers would use the drone.

You've got a lot of support for this feature change.  That has to be a reason DJI has failed to include this in a FW update.  If it shows up on the Air 4 we will have the answer.  
yesterday 04:44
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Phatdad Posted at 6-1 01:13
I decided not to purchase the Air 3 and purchased the Insta360 sphere for my Air 2s to try new things. But now hoping for the Air 4 to appear on the scene!  Had my Mini 3 pro for 2 years and will probably wait for the Mini 5 launch as DJI seem to launch new drone 1.5 years.

I'm really hoping the Air 4 comes out later this summer.  Looking forward to an upgrade for sure.  
yesterday 06:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules